Missus called in for meeting, help please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

The missus works for a large supermarket. Today she was told that she had to attend a meeting on Monday, but was giving nothing in writing or told why the meeting was convened.

She happened to notice on the paper the manager had a time and her name and the words formal disciplinary on it. We think its to do with the levels of her sickness. The company knew about her illnesses beforehand, and one has gotten worse due to the work she was doing(asthma and backpain).

Now, I have a rough idea about what they should have done before hand and the rights she has(which she hasn't been told about).

Can someple please confirm the law regarding what notice she has to receive before a hearing like this, who can accompany her and what they can actually do to her.

Thanks

if an employer wants to give a disciplinary they have to follow the statutary procedure as required by law.

they have to follow these steps-

1-complete a full investigation.

2- send her a letter to inform her of a disciplinary hearing, informing her of her right to be accompanied.

3-the meeting takes place, the employee has the right to defend themself, just because the meeting has taken lace doesnt mean she will be given a warning.

4-if a disciplinary is given she will have the right to appeal.

if they give a disciplinary wthout following the disciplinary procedure she has a case for employment tribunal

Hi Captain,

I was recently subjected to an investigation at work and i was sent written notification of the investigation meeting and informed of my right to have somebody present with me. My line manager attended as an independent witness. After the investigation meeting i was given a copy of my witness statement to sign . A reviewing officer was then appointed to review the evidence and the witness statment and make their recommendations.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...