Alliance and Leicester PPI Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Perhaps someone could give me a bit of advice.....

I recieved a letter in april from A&L regarding loans with ppi i have. I wrote back to them outlining my thoughts on the matter. I then recieved a letter from them on the 29th April, apologising for the length of time the review was taking, and they would be in touch shortly.

Problem is, i have not heard anything since..... Is there an expected time period for the review to take place? Should i write to them again? There is a number on the letter but im really reluctant to call them, thats why i wrote in the firt place, i dont want to be tricked into saying something or talked into anything!!

I also have an mbna credit card with A&L, and was definately pressured into takin out PPI on that, can i make a claim for that also? Anyone with any similar experiances? This is all new to me, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Jonny

Hi jonny

Welcome to CAG.

I don't know what their review is. Better to send a prelim letter as one would for bank charges, reclaiming the PPI. Give the 14 days to reply. If they don't, then send a LBA giving them a further 14 days after whicgh start a court claim

Hi Everyone,

Perhaps someone could give me a bit of advice.....

I recieved a letter in april from A&L regarding loans with ppi i have. I wrote back to them outlining my thoughts on the matter. I then recieved a letter from them on the 29th April, apologising for the length of time the review was taking, and they would be in touch shortly.

Problem is, i have not heard anything since..... Is there an expected time period for the review to take place? (Yes in their eyes the longer the review takes the better for them to hold onto money gained through mis-selling PPI) Should i write to them again? (Yes but point out the fact they have already been fined £7m for mis-selling and further delays will result in you submitting complaints to the Financial Services Authority, Information Commissioners Office, Office of Fair Trading. There is a number on the letter but im really reluctant to call them, (keep everything in writing that way you have proof to submit to the above with your complaint) thats why i wrote in the firt place, i dont want to be tricked into saying something or talked into anything!! (Excellent decision:D)

I also have an mbna credit card with A&L, and was definately pressured into takin out PPI on that, can i make a claim for that also? (Yes as this was probably mis-sold too) Anyone with any similar experiances? This is all new to me, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Jonny

Firstly have a look at this website. This is probably the reason they have written to you in the first place.

Alliance & Leicester to pay £7 million fine for PPI failings

When you write give them your timescales for a response and tell them failure will result in the complaints action mentioned above.

Also when you open the link check the dates when they were mis-selling and see if the dates match against your own loan/credit card dates.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Getting ready to have a go at the credit card ppi, and send a reminder letter to A&L. Just one question, my credit card is provided by A&L via MBNA, so who do i send the letter too? I never signed an agreement for this ppi, so i should have a good case? Should i then send an SAR first so they can, or cannot produce an agreement?

Many thanks,

Jonny

You should probably send a request under s78 of the CCA 1974 for "a copy of the excuted agreement". Send it to A&L since it was them that 'supplied' the PPI

I have just recieved a further letter today, regarding the loan PPI, apologising for the delay, and saying they are no further on basically. The letter is dated the 29th May (now the 8th June??!!) This is exactly 1 month from the date of the last letter.

I feel i should write to them with a timescale for completion of their investigation. What would be a reasonable one? They have sent me a leaflet this time saying i can complain to the Fincial Ombudsman if the review takes more than 8 weeks, as it already has done! i assume i would be better writing to them first stating that i have the intention of writing to the ombudsman?

Thanks again for all your help,

Jonny

Just a thought - perhaps i should bypass their review and start my own proceedings??

Edited by jonnyvinyl
extra idea

Hi there

My story is similar - I initially received a letter from a&L stating I may have been unfairly sold ppi.

I decided to write back to them but used a template a friend of mine had used .

The first letter I got from them was dated 08/04/09 saying they were looking into the issues I had raised. I then waited for 8 weeks to pass and called them on 02/06/09 to ask why I had no response - the guy took my ref number and said "oh yeah - I see we received your case and nothings really been done - I will flag it up for high priority.

Next a letter arrives today 08/06/09 - dated 29/05/09 - they have obviously backdated the date on the letter - to ensure it was within the 8 week date. I don't think royal mail would take 10 days to deliver a letter. This letter just states "Unfortunately we are not yet in a position to provide you with an outcome - we will write to you shortly"

Any advice on what I should do next?

Many Thanks

Hi there

My story is similar - I initially received a letter from a&L stating I may have been unfairly sold ppi.

I decided to write back to them but used a template a friend of mine had used .

The first letter I got from them was dated 08/04/09 saying they were looking into the issues I had raised. I then waited for 8 weeks to pass and called them on 02/06/09 to ask why I had no response - the guy took my ref number and said "oh yeah - I see we received your case and nothings really been done - I will flag it up for high priority.

Next a letter arrives today 08/06/09 - dated 29/05/09 - they have obviously backdated the date on the letter - to ensure it was within the 8 week date. I don't think royal mail would take 10 days to deliver a letter. This letter just states "Unfortunately we are not yet in a position to provide you with an outcome - we will write to you shortly"

Any advice on what I should do next?

Many Thanks

Hello as,

You should start your own thread on this forum as it will prevent confusion and enable helpers to follow your own fight rather than trying to filter from other caggers threads..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=111

Just click on this to start a new thread give it a suitable title that you can keep track of in your favourites and away you go.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I have just recieved a further letter today, regarding the loan PPI, apologising for the delay, and saying they are no further on basically. The letter is dated the 29th May (now the 8th June??!!) This is exactly 1 month from the date of the last letter.

I feel i should write to them with a timescale for completion of their investigation. What would be a reasonable one? They have sent me a leaflet this time saying i can complain to the Fincial Ombudsman if the review takes more than 8 weeks, as it already has done! i assume i would be better writing to them first stating that i have the intention of writing to the ombudsman?

Thanks again for all your help,

Jonny

Just a thought - perhaps i should bypass their review and start my own proceedings??

Do you have copies of your credit agreements and other documentation?

If so I believe you should contact the Financial Ombudsman Service to start a complaint against A&L you will find them helpful but they will take a long time to deal with your complaint.

Contact for the FOS is here....

Links that may help with your claim for Mis-sold PPI

Financial Ombudsman Service

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...-insurance.pdf

They will require copies of all your correspondence and copies of your Consumer Credit Agreement and anything else you can provide to back up your complaint.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Yes, it does seem like they are putting it off in the hope that people wont be bothered going to the ombudsman. I think i will write to A&L, to show that i intend to follow up the review, and perhaps tell them i will be writing to the ombudsman in say 21 days, does that seem reasonable?

Thanks again,

Jonny

Hi All

On the issue of A&L and PPI charges on my credit card. I sent A&L a Subject Access Request letter using the template available on line here. The letter was sent along with a cheque for £10 on the Monday 18 May 2009. Being very generous soul I feel that it should have arrived by Friday 22 May 2009. It has now been three weeks since that date and I still have not heard back from them, how long should I wait for the reply? If they don’t reply and to date the cheque has not been cashed what do I do next. If they don't cash the cheque they can claim that the letter was not sent or they never received it. All advice welcome!

Hi All

On the issue of A&L and PPI charges on my credit card. I sent A&L a Subject Access Request letter using the template available on line here. The letter was sent along with a cheque for £10 on the Monday 18 May 2009. Being very generous soul I feel that it should have arrived by Friday 22 May 2009. It has now been three weeks since that date and I still have not heard back from them, how long should I wait for the reply? If they don’t reply and to date the cheque has not been cashed what do I do next. If they don't cash the cheque they can claim that the letter was not sent or they never received it. All advice welcome!

Better to start your own thread it keeps things simple and follows the cag site rules on posting.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=111

click on the link put in a suitable title for your own claim and stick it in your favourites or bookmark it so you know where it is.

You should then get the appropriate assistance on your own case without any interference with other threads.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again! Update on my stuff.... Ive been so busy i havent had time to get any further, however i have now received an offer from A&L! Offer consists of a refund of my paid premiums, plus interest at 8%. This sounds ok to me, but is there anything im missing?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jonny

Hi Again! Update on my stuff.... Ive been so busy i havent had time to get any further, however i have now received an offer from A&L! Offer consists of a refund of my paid premiums, plus interest at 8%. This sounds ok to me, but is there anything im missing?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jonny

Double check to ensure you have the PPIpremiums and the contractual intereston thos premiums being repaid and then the 8% statutory on top.

Make sure you ask this A&L have been fined a massive £7m the highest fine so far. It is best to ensure your are getting your cash back;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from