Capricorn v Lloyds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had yet another letter from our friends at Robinsons Way, a very bland affair I might add:

"You have not paid the sum you owe. Until it is paid your account will not be closed, but may stay registered as an unpaid debt in your name. This may adversely affect your credit rating.

We urge you to settle your account - now - and clear this up once and for all

Ring us today ........... we may agree a special settlement figure you can pay to clear your account."

Edited by Capricorn1601
not completed

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

• 2 weeks later...

Another threatogram from Robinsons, but no offer, what should I do?

Notice of intended legal action

Your debt is still unpaid in spite of previous letters, and calls. YOur account may be passed to our solicitors for legal action to be taken.

WITHIN THE NEXT 10 DAYS YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE SENT TO SOLICITORS AND IMMEDIATE LEGAL ACTION MAY BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU.

If you prefer to avoid legal action, call or write to us without delay and we can agree a payment plan with you.

etc

Please advise what I should do??? :(

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

hi

it looks like their previous letter was maybe indicating some kind of possible reduction offer available, ie '....we may agree a special settlement figure to clear the account'?

it does seem that the above letter is a threatogram - they 'may' do this and that. looks like they are coming to the end of their 'activity', and there may be a final 'contact us' type letter to come.

imo.

Edited by Ford

so do you think an offer in writing by them could be on its way

not sure tbh. the wording of your letter in post #206 is v much the same as the template letter offering a % reduction in settlement, except there was a paragraph about this. the 'Notice of Intended.....' threatog. was next.

hi. no, no calls. looks like the 'in writing only' proved effective, surprisingly! their letters are templates, regardless of whether there have been calls or not. from their previous template letter, it 'may' be that they are open to some kind of reduction in settlement (as per consult'n/instructions from the o/c)? maybe a ploy to get one to ring them perhaps? rather than now actually offering a specific reduction? as suggested, there may be at least one more letter to come. as robbers are 'collecting' (is that correct?), then if they don't 'agree' anything with you, it will go back to loyds. loyds will probably then either; pass it on to another dca to 'collect', sell it, or start litigation. depending on the circumstances. don't forget that you can make an offer if you want to try for a settlement.

IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ford

TBH I would like to start the ball rolling on a F&F, but dont know how to start without admitting the debt etc. Also I am reluctant to pay any of the interest and fees acrued whilst being in dispute. If they would deduct them I could potentially offer xx% max. Any advice you could offer would be appreciated.

Caps

Edited by Capricorn1601

hi

an offer can be made 'without prejudice' and 'ex gratia', without admitting liability.

what interest has been applied? did they not stop the 'contractual' interest after 'termination'?

have you had any further correspondence from them since their litigation threato?

imo.

Edited by Ford
typo

Hi Ford, yes they stopped interest at termination, but not at the point of dispute which was about 9 months. Therefore they were applying interest whilst we were arguing over the lack of an agreement and default fees.

Hi all

Just received this from Robbinsons Way:

"****SPECIAL INVITATION *** SUBSTANTIAL REDUCTION ****SPECIAL INVITATION

Our client has today authorised us to offer you a substantial reduction to help you clear this debt.

CALL 0800 78 3417 TODAY TO FIND OUT WHAT DISCOUNT IS ON OFFER TO YOU

THIS OFFER IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR THE NEXT 30 DAYS

If settling your account is not currently within your means, you must still contact us to agree a repayment plan; we are wiling to accept a minimum of £30.00 per month, but you must contact us - without delay. if you do not wish to talk to us, you can log onto our website at www.robway.co.uk to pay or make an alternative payment offer.

hi

'special invitation'! - you must be honoured! :-) their 'intended litigation' was indeed 'hot air'! :-)

you've got '30 days', enjoy your xmas and forget about them for now!?

imo.

Just had my first letter from Horwich Farrelly. Yes I know its desk next to the guy that was previously sending me the letters. I think they are playing good cop, bad cop....

"We may advise our client to commence COurt action against you as a result of your failure to settle this account.

Even at this late stage ou can avoid COurt action by making payment to us, or by making a proposal for payment you can afford.

If you wish to make a payment proposal, please set out a simple statement of our means and any circumstances you wish us to consider.

If you have any queries, please call us, or our client Robinsons Way on 0845605 1366 to agree an affordable payment arrangement".

Whatever happened to my Special Invitation before xmas???? and since when was Robinsons Way their client? Their client "RW" has no NOA and therefore cannot do anything surely?

Advice anyone? Still tempted to make an offer, but a little afraid of them playing dirty.

imo, the contents of their previous 'invite' letter would still stand? ps. it could be that the 'client' they are referring to is the O/C?

Edited by Ford
ps

HELP

Letter dated 31st Dec, just received today!!!! from LTSB

"I feel it is important to let you know that our agents have been in touch with us in connection with your account. They say that they have been unable to agree a repayment programme and suggest we take legal action against you.

You can prevent us taking legal action by paying off the full outstanding balance of this account within 10 days.

If you are unable to sent payment in full, please complete and return the questionnaire overleaf to enable us to assess your financial situation."

So much for the 30 days and special invitation then, or could this be an attempt to make me get in touch with them? What should I do?