• Tweets

• Items for sale include five rare Ferraris and a pair of Air Jordan sneakers signed by Michael Jordan.View the full article
    • TECHZONE BUXTON LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK TECHZONE BUXTON LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual... thread title updated. dx
    • next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

And so it begins... me vs BOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Handed in my DPA subject request letter to my local BOS branch today(aberdeen) (got a receipt) with an enclosed £10 cheque.

Once i get the statements ill add em up and proceed to the next step(ive asked for 2001- 2006 5 years worth maximum i think but basically the Bank have charged me a lot of O/D charges over the years ill find out exactly how much soon i hope)

Its like starting a fight wi someone eek!

:)

ill continually update this thread as it goes on.

HBOS - Data Protection Act Request 03/08/06

HBOS - Statements received 29/08/06

HBOS - Preliminary Letter Asking for it Back 01/09/06

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

HBOS - Moneyclaim filed 06/10/06

HBOS - acknowledged claim 11/10/06

HBOS - partial offer received for £716 16/10/06

HBOS - I THINK I MIGHT HAVE WON!! HBOS credit my account

with £2341 + costs/interest!! will know details soon

26/10/06

Hi Folks! an update! :)

Got a letter from local branch today 7/8/06 about my DPA SAR

I'll quote exactly what it says...im a wee bit confused.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear xxxxx

Access Request

I have today requested your previous five years statements for the above numbered account. Thes will be sent directly to your home address from our business centre.

You have requested that i send you details of any manual intervention indication or notes held on your account.

We are under no obligation to record this information so no information is available. I have enclosed in this letter the cheque that you provided for this information.

You will find enclosed a copy of our leaflet explaining our complaint procedures.

Should any of your concerns remain unresolved please let me know what you'd like me to do to put matters right. We are keen to resolve your concerns, if we are unable to do so we'll provide you with details of how you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service for help. If i dont hear from you in the next eight weeks i will assume you are happy. If you would like to discuss your concerns please telephone me on (local branch bank number)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hrmm? Ok does this mean that if i dont contact him he will assume the case is closed and that everything is ok? So i should contact him?? Not sure how he can help because he will just tell me that the charges are part of the banks T & C s

Also im not sure about the bit about them not being obligated to record any manual intervention on my account so ergo they dont tell me about it??

This is a bit late but its ok for me to quote most of that letter i got from the bank yeah? Also because they DIDNT take my cheque does that mean it is not a legally binding SAR ??????

thanks ppl :D

things are moving ehh!!!

CJ

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

Also given that he has said that there wasnt manual intervention on my account (either that or isnt willing to reveal when manual intervention happened)i assume then that such charges are automated. Ive been hearing that one of the arguments from banks is the cost to make manual interventions on an account hence the high charges.

hrmm has anyone else had their bank say to them that they wont tell them when there was manual intervention on their account? (because they arent legally obligated to do so?)

edit: if the bank arent legally obligated to record such information then are they legally bound to provide it?????????????? (in accordance with the Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request)

if by pure chance they did record such information can they then go ahead and delete all such entries from my account and then send the other information to me. Hrmmmmm....:confused:

cheers :D

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

This is just a standard nonsense letter. In them saying they are under no obligation to record such information is good for you. It's basically an admission that everything is automated. They can't come back at a later date and say but it cost us this much to deal with a returned direct debit because if they do have this information they are obliged to share this information with you and they have not! You can pretty much ignore any letter that doesn't come with a cheque! Stick to your timetable and do this on your terms.

So you will now receive or have received your statements. First things first, highlight every charge over the past 5 years and put it into the Scottish Spreadsheet in the templates librarby.

Secondly, amend the preliminary approach for repayment letter in the templates library to suit you. i.e. account numbers and costs

You will receive another letter saying our charges are fair and transparent.

Next amend the Letter Before Action letter demanding repayment.

They will probably offer some silly amount, probably 20% of what you are due. Accept it but make it clear you will be claiming the rest and it's only a part payment.

Then file with court, at this point they will 99% give you a full refund.

Where abouts in Aberdeen are you? I'm just about to send out an LBA for £1,990 + interest against the Inverurie branch.

Mark.

I'm a bit surprised you got the cheque back, but then they never cashed mine.

About manual intervention - yeah, that's just the standard bit, I got it too.

Filed my claim at Aberdeen Sheriff Court today. I'll keep ya posted.

BoS:- D P A sent 09/06 Prelim. request 29/06 £1755 plus interest

1st claim Filed 5/10/06 SETTLED 19/10 £747.80 plus £534.31 interest

This is just a standard nonsense letter. In them saying they are under no obligation to record such information is good for you. It's basically an admission that everything is automated. They can't come back at a later date and say but it cost us this much to deal with a returned direct debit because if they do have this information they are obliged to share this information with you and they have not! You can pretty much ignore any letter that doesn't come with a cheque! Stick to your timetable and do this on your terms.

So you will now receive or have received your statements. First things first, highlight every charge over the past 5 years and put it into the Scottish Spreadsheet in the templates librarby.

Secondly, amend the preliminary approach for repayment letter in the templates library to suit you. i.e. account numbers and costs

You will receive another letter saying our charges are fair and transparent.

Next amend the Letter Before Action letter demanding repayment.

They will probably offer some silly amount, probably 20% of what you are due. Accept it but make it clear you will be claiming the rest and it's only a part payment.

Then file with court, at this point they will 99% give you a full refund.

Where abouts in Aberdeen are you? I'm just about to send out an LBA for £1,990 + interest against the Inverurie branch.

Mark.

cheers Mark am claiming against my local old aberdeen branch at the aberdeen university campus. Should receive the bank statements shortly!! For the first time ever im looking forward to mail from the bank yay!

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

I'm just preparing my letter to send off to HBOS as they are now, but can't get the link to the Scottish spreadsheet to work to calculate my interest charges. Can anyone help me out?

Ive been reading up on what sort of responses to expect from the bank. I have the letters for the bank charges which all happened this week. Three seperate charges of £30 each plus a £28 interest charge on unauthorised borrowing. I received a new bank statement the following day to the letters which didn't even show I was over my borrowing limit as it happened so recently Grrrr!

Anyway, sorry to highjack this thread, but I'd been reading up in preperation of sending my letter!

Thanks

Moonglade, try the following links

Bank Accounts

Scotland - Simple - Excel

Scotland - Simple - Works

Scotland - Advanced - Excel

Scotland - Advanced - Works

Credit Cards

Scotland - Simple - Excel

Scotland - Simple - Works

Worked okay for me - best of luck

Charlie

Nationwide Total settlement for first claim £810.92 (Charges £570.00) total charges £2579.00 (Another 4 claims to make)

Tesco personal Finance -NO penalty charges see post end thread

Egg DPA complaint sent to ICO see thread

Egg also trying to get defaults removed

Abbey National/MBNA credit Card - Eventually settled in FULL:)

Citibank Preliminary sent 19/08/06

MBNA DPA sent 30/07/06

Mrs CharlieHo v Providian DPA sent 30/07/06

MORE TO FOLLOW

Advice & opinions of CharlieHo are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi

Does the amount claimed have to be less than £750 with interest (not the 8% at court data but the 6 or 8% up to date of service).

I am claiming £647 (as first lot- more to come) but have not applied interest as yet- shall I do now and see if comes out at less than £750

Thanks

M

its £750 and under without interest applied i think.

still havent received my bank statements myself. Only been a few weeks though. Ill start to worry in Sept!

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

Me v BOS

Can anyone help?

I have completed my Schedule of claims on the excel template and it has given me my total with interest. However, I don't understand the Judicial Interest part.

What is Judicial Interest and how do i calculate it?

Thanks

Mark

small update :)

received a letter from HBOS dated 8/8/06 (didnt actually receive this until 17/8/06 !!!! in post)

Dear

I refer to your above numbered account and your request for details of charges debited to the account.

We can provide the information requested but to do so there is a £5 statement charge. Statements will then be provided for the last 5 years

Please provide the authority to debit your account or forward £5 cheque.

No action will be taken until we receive this.

yours sincerely

Karen Balsillie

Customer Services

????? the manager at my local branch returned my £10 cheque to me so why are they asking for it again lol.

Anyway i went into my local branch and the manager just said that its fine i should receive the statements shortly then said smt about if they do take the money from my account it will be re-imbursed ??

hrmmmm should i ignore my manager and just send a letter with cheque to this Karen Balsillie (at a po box address in edinburgh)??

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

I would reply to the po box number, I am a newbie and am going to claim on 3 BOS accounts in Aberdeen, will do one at a time to get the hang of it.....

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Carol

I'd reply to her directly. Was your cheque returned in the same letter? If so reply saying that payment was offered, and as such your time schedule still applies. They have up until 40 days since they first received your request. Forget the 5 years rule too, I can't find the legislation, but if you sent a DPA, then they send whatever you asked for.

BoS:- D P A sent 09/06 Prelim. request 29/06 £1755 plus interest

1st claim Filed 5/10/06 SETTLED 19/10 £747.80 plus £534.31 interest

i phoned them after this and they confirmed they were sending the statements out.

that was a few days ago and today....

Received in the post today 11 individual letters with statements in them but only running from May 2004 up to August 2006. So i think i am due a second batch of statements from 2001 to 2004. (the guy at BOS mentioned 2 batches)

A lot of the charges just say "charges as notified" so its unclear what it pertains to. hrmmm.. i guess though its the charges themselves which i am challenging though so no worries.

Im also thinking that if my claim is over £750 then ill claim via the english courts because that way i can submit online right? and i dont go through the hassle of multiple claims (each process taking around 3 months) I know someone in england who i could put down as a forwarding address.

cheers

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

1st batch (2004 - 2006) total charges comes to £1700. waiting on 2nd batch (2001 - 2004).

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

received 2nd batch (2001 - mid 2004)

comes to approx £600 although i wasnt entirely sure about adding the £8.50 maintenance charges i seemed to get. I think these charges are if i go overdrawn in a month as well as the charge for going overdrawn i get a monthly charge.

£600 + £1700 (1st batch 2004-2006) = £2300 total and ill try and claim via Halifax head office in england.....although i joined HBOS when it was still BOS and not merged hrmm. I need to check the banks terms and conditions about that.

But things would be a *lot* more straightforward if i am allowed to claim via the english courts.

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

Hi folks,

update

well i sent off the preliminary letter to HBOS group at trinity road thursday or friday last week. (1/9/06)

Got the standard letter reply from Bank of Scotland customer relations in Dunfermline 4/9/06 (pretty quick though ehh!)

They quote that they will look into my claims within 4 weeks (though of course i'll stick to my 14 days before i send off a LBA)

ohhh something else.......

i got a recent statement from the bank and i noticed they seem to have reduced their charges possibly. as i have an item listed just as CHARGE £5.00

It doesnt say what its for though....hrmm i'll investigate it with the bank and get back to you asap.

:)

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

lol yeah i think you might be right there! £5 charge for statements

sending LBA on 15/09/06 (do i count saturday and sundays?)

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

• 2 weeks later...

update

lba sent today 19/9/06 :) (little late)

posted to HBOS trinity road address registered post (£4!)

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06

aarggghh!!!!!!!!!! just realised ive started my letter with smt like

i am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the [XXDATEXX].

But they DID reply to my letter wirth usual blah blah will investigate in 4 weeks time.

bugger! what do i do? ive already sent the lba.

Or it doesnt matter?

HBOS - LBA Sent 19/09/06

26/10/06