Employment and Support Allowance

an4rew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I've been battling depression for many months after losing my job last year, i was on JSA but signed off yesterday due to health problems... i found it difficult to leave the house and missed some signing days.

I made a telephone claim for ESA today and applied but they said i will need a medical certificate asap.

My Doctor is on holiday and the earliest he can see me is 18th May.

Will my payment be delayed, they know i signed off JSA and have no other income.

Andrew.

You need to provide all the information they have asked for in order to receive any payment, so until you submit a cetificate no payment will be made for ESA.

If a person is already claiming and receiving payment for ESA and has to submit certificates then ESA payments will cease every time a medical certificate expires if a new one is not submitted. Is there another Dr in your practice that you could get a medical certificate from?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

You can self-certify for the first 7 days of your claim so once it's processed they'll be able to pay you at least 7 days!

Although they'll definitely need something from a doctor after that, so as Erika said - would you be able to see a different doctor?