• Tweets

• The 3 pieces of mortar that fell on the same day, at the same time, were approx. 25-30cm long and weighed around ½-1 kilo each from a roof that is above the 2nd floor; they were by no means tiny pieces of mortar but large chunks falling from a rather great height. I believe the size and weight is enough to cause serious injury and if it falls on your head, I assume it could potentially be lethal if unlucky, but we don't wish to put that theory to test... We can't in good conscience let a contractor install a patio and a gazebo as it is in the exact spot where the mortar fell, nor do I think anyone would be willing to take the chance. Looking at the roof, there are multiple other remaining pieces from the same 'line' or 'row' of mortar that can potentially fall. The mortar is right underneath the slate tiles on the neighbour's roof and I don't know whether the tiles are also (becoming) lose due to the loss of the mortar. I was trying to upload a photo but it seems it's not allowed. The first contractor to work in our garden in preparation for the patio and gazebo is scheduled to start on 10th June, that leaves the neighbour 5 workdays to sort their roof which is unlikely, so it seems we will have to postpone our patio contractor without knowing when they can come back. We have already had extensive work done in the garden in preparation for the wedding reception and it will become very costly for us if we have to move the wedding reception to a venue (if we can even get one at this short notice) rather than have it at home which was our dream.
    • Is this sufficiant for a letter of claim  ? Letter Of Claim       Reference: Techzone Mobile Phones Samsung A71 Mobile Phone £140 Purchase date 29. 5. 24     I the claimant purchased a 2nd hand Samsung A71 mobile from Techzone Mobile Phone unit 10 of the indoor market at the Potteries shopping centre. Initially the phone worked well until I used the camera and found debris in the camera lens spoiling pictures making it not fit for purpose. I contacted the seller who offered a replacement which I initially accepted but later rejected and wanted a refund in full which the seller refused saying they Do Not give refund is unlawful and goes against the Consumer rights act 2015. Therefore I intend to issue proceedings against you in a county court without further notice unless you reimburse me the above amount in Full within 7 days from the date of this Letter     ------------------------------------------    I think its best if i hand him the letter as posting it might not get through so can claim expenses traveling up there ?   or would it be best to just post and get 'Signed for'  ?   Should i also put in the letter of claim interest added or leave that till the Particulars letter ?
    • Ok thanks, I really need help with my mental health over this I’ve called 111 Hi sorry just one more thing can they contact my workplace?
    • Sorry to shatter your leftie dreams 🤣😂🤣😂     Donald Trump gets a SIX-POINT bump in approval after being found guilty on 34 counts according to snap Daily Mail poll: 'I think it was a waste of taxpayer money' WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK Teflon Don rides again, according to an exclusive poll for DailyMail.com which found that the guilty verdict in Manhattan... James Johnson, who conducted the poll, said Trump might be waking up as convicted felon but he was winning over the voters who matter.   Our snap poll of a representative sample of likely voters shows that for most Americans the trial has not changed their deep-set views of Trump,' he said.  'But amongst those who are open to changing their mind, people feel more positive by a margin of 6 points. That is outside of the margin of the error of the poll and we are saying that is significant. 'It extends to Independent voters too. Look at the explanations and it is clear why: people feel it was a politically motivated trial and view Trump as a "fighter" against what they see as injustice.     
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ?  Civil National Business Centre Northampton NN1 2LH Name of the Claimant ?  PRA Group UK Portfolios LTD   How many defendant's  joint or self ?  Just my self Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.    24th May 2024   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total   Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total)  if your defence filing date falls on a W/End, you must file by friday @4PM     Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?  The claimant claims the sum of £22,000 for an outstanding debt owed. On 30/1/18 the defendant entered into n agreement with Lloyds Bank Plc for a bank loan under the reference 10017#######. On 4/1/19 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £22,000. On 30/11/22 the debt of £22,000 assigned to PRA Group (UK) Limited, who itself assigned the debt to PRA Group UK Portfolios Ltd on 30/12/23. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 Law of property act 1925. The claimant has instructed PRA Group (UK) Limited to act on its behalf in the recovery of the outstanding debt and to pursue litigation on its behalf. AND the claimant claims 1. The sum of £22,000. What is the total value of the claim?  £23,500 Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ?  Yes Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No Did you inform the claimant of your change of address?  No - N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?  Bank loan When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?  No Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ?  I believe it was done online on their app Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ?  Yes Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  Debt was with halifax, whom passed the debt to PRA Group. Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?  I'm not completely sure at it was nearly 6 years ago, I have done a CCA request and they have sent a screenshot of their system showing it was sent. Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?  Yes Why did you cease payments?  Couldn't afford to make payments. What was the date of your last payment?  August 2018 Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?  No Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?  No
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SIP Car Parks taking me to Court - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted earlier on another thread and hav been advised to make a new thread.

I have been sent a court letter from Northampton County court which needs replying within next 5 days. I have checked with the court and its all legitimate. Previously i have recevd three reminders (including two red reminders) and one final notice after which i was given 28 days to make a payment of 147. I kept on ignoring all their reminders and never got into any correspondence with them ever.

If any one has been through this process with SIP in the past then please advise...

Court letter: Site team edit.

Edited by ScarletPimpernel
Link showing MCOL password removed

Their claim does not appear to show any basis for the charge - Are they claiming a statutory basis, breach of contract or damages for trespass?

Initially, I would suggest that your defense would be that they have no lawful basis for making any claim against you, the registered keeper.

Council tickets would not go through MCOL.

Not only that, the POC mention a Parking Charge Notice, Council notices are Penalty Charge Notices.

Agree with the above - they have not established privity of contract. They are claiming the RK is responsible for the charge. They have to establish who was driving and you don't have to tell them.

They also have to establish they are entitled to any damages at all (i.e. do they own the land or have they been rights to the land by the landowner).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is stated on the letter that it why they have filed the case (breach of contract by not displaying a valid pay and display ticket).

It is stated on the letter that it why they have filed the case (breach of contract by not displaying a valid pay and display ticket).
I don't see where it mentions breach of contract - Am I missing something?

to save people hunting for the other thread. http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2317/tradingstandards009.jpg Their particulars of claim are 'poor'. Deny the claim and rebut on: no cause of action demonstrated. No evidence that SIP has the legal right to offer parking either through proprietary rights or agency. No identification of the driver at the time of alleged parking. SIPs failure to do is against the BPA Code of Practice. Also that SIP is in clear breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Thats enough - just get it lodged, it can be amended later. write to the DVLA for the full details of the V888/2 request that was made against the vehicle, you may find that it wasn't SIP who did made the request. also as they have issued papers show us what was in their letters and on their invoice, pictures of the signs etc (as asked on the other thread) keep on anonymising your own data as before. SIP know who you are of course so not hiding it from them - just being 'net safe'. A wild and crazy punt by SIP to someone who never communicated, very strange behaviour indeed. All SIP paperwork I have seen is woeful so post up those letters etc please.

but to me "No Ticket Displayed" in a private pay and display car park is a clear breach of contract. I currently seeking legal advice as i do not know what to write in my defence.

to save people hunting for the other thread. http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2317/tradingstandards009.jpg Their particulars of claim are 'poor'. Deny the claim and rebut on: no cause of action demonstrated. No evidence that SIP has the legal right to offer parking either through proprietary rights or agency. No identification of the driver at the time of alleged parking. SIPs failure to do is against the BPA Code of Practice. Also that SIP is in clear breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Thats enough - just get it lodged, it can be amended later. write to the DVLA for the full details of the V888/2 request that was made against the vehicle, you may find that it wasn't SIP who did made the request. also as they have issued papers show us what was in their letters and on their invoice, pictures of the signs etc (as asked on the other thread) keep on anonymising your own data as before. SIP know who you are of course so not hiding it from them - just being 'net safe'. A wild and crazy punt by SIP to someone who never communicated, very strange behaviour indeed. All SIP paperwork I have seen is woeful so post up those letters etc please.

Thanks for your advice. That sounds good... i will wait for another day or so before i reply to the court.

thank you

First job - TAKE OFF YOUR PASSWORD FROM YOUR IMAGE

Re. point above - Remedy for breach of contract is damages. "If you don't do x, you agree to pay £70" is a penalty

(Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co Ltd -v- New Garage and Motor Co Ltd (1914) - see Delay and Disruption - Rules on Penalty Clauses

Many other points for your defence are in lamma's reply.

lets see those other SIP letters. time to nail SIP. And get the V888/2 information. Your ideas about breach on contract are incomplete - see my post you quoted.

Okay, lets wait for yours as similar may mean different. But if they are very similar to those of DJXFM then you should be in a good position. Make sure you put up both sides of the paper, don't assume anything is insignificant or irrelevant.

This seems like a complete shot in the dark for SIP. Their POC is very poorly outlined.

I would suggest sending a PM to PT, he will destroy these guys for breakfast.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 1 year later...

This is a worrying thread to read as I have received a letter from SIP too. I was considering writing to them with one of the template letters I have found on this site (very helpful!) telling them to provide me with evidence of the identity of the driver and to explain their entitlement to collect money.

But then decided to take the no reply response. However upon reading this I am now worried that they may escalate things, over time of course, to court action.

Any advice, is anyone aware of PPC's being "put off" by an early, fairly savvy letter from someone that they are trying to chase? Or will this likely have no effect and they'll carry on hounding me?

Also is anyone aware of SIP's usual practise, are they renouned for taking these matters as far as the courts?

This is an old thread and you really should start your own . . .

Hey ho!

My experience was that the template letters worked for a while and I have certainly heard nothing more from any of the PPCs I wrote to.

However, all things have a shelf life and it may well be that PPCs now recognise them and pay no attention.

Their value remains for those who are concerned that ignoring from the outset is inappropriate.

For myself, I remain uncertain that ignoring would look good in court in the slim chance it came to that. But I now tend to ignore.

As for SIP, as I have no experience directly with them I cannot answer but I am sure someone else will be able to.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Just another thought, in case things escalate to court level it cant do me any favours to show that I have jsut sat and dont nothing so what I might do is wait till their letters get more thratening looking, while all the while being fraudulent (copying official formats) then send a complaint to Trading Standards. Should I notify them at that stage that I have reported them or remain silent?

. Should I notify them at that stage that I have reported them or remain silent?

Do you really think that will frighten them? They are not interested in threats, just like we are not. Ignore them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

For myself, I remain uncertain that ignoring would look good in court in the slim chance it came to that
It is a common courtesy to include an SAE where a reply is required especially as they have only addressed the invoice to the RK or owner not the driver who may or may not have agreed to their terms and conditions

If they did not include an SAE then they do not want a reply

Ignore works well