Unenforceability Cases on hold until further notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am VERY angry in being CAGbotted because I posted ONE reply yesterday merely asking that we return to the main topic of this thread.

My interest has absolutely nothing to do with claim companies and my interest is solely in the unenforceability cases being stayed.

My post got CAGbotted, however the following post BACKING my comment that we should return to the main debate was left in place.

I feel insulted & let down in getting CAGbotted simply for asking that we return to the main subject of the thread.

Beachcomber60, I've responded to your PM.

No idea what being CAGbotted means, but neither do I care. ;)

I would rather this stays on topic, so I assume a good thing?

Been here (lurkin...) a long time and I'm none the wiser.

Cagbot is post unapproved or edited or moved. I have no idea how it works ;)

Thanks, yourbank.

CAGbot is an automated notification from the forum system to tell you that your posts have been edited/moved/moderated - they are sent out to let you know what has happened to your posts, etc.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually Cagbotted myself twice during the process !!

Good. Still no idea what it means, but if it happens to the mods as well then that is fair play.;-):D

CAGbot is an automated notification from the forum system to tell you that your posts have been edited/moved/moderated - they are sent out to let you know what has happened to your posts, etc.

EDIT: There we go then. :)

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Meaning....as the posts not relating to the original thread were cagbotted and removed to another thread...does that mean all the posts about cagbotting on this thread are now going to be removed too? sorry...my sense of humour:oops::oops:

Edited by Spamalot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Those who have been cagbotted,were not singled out specifically,some inappropriate links were removed and possibly quotes in posts containing those links.

I was actually Cagbotted myself twice during the process !!

Me too..and my bum is still aching!! lol ;)

I only wish that being Cagbotted was the only thing I had to worry about!! :-(

Actually, I thought Chris did a good job of de-tangling the threads even though, being a woman, I am naturally beyond reproach and being a man (as I presume Chris is) then he was obviously wrong!! :p

Now, lets get back to business...being off line has really affected me!! :D

• Haha 1

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Latest pearls of wisdom from the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8037983.stm

Not exactly latest. And not exactly wisdom either.:eek::rolleyes:

The BBC have finally noticed.

BBC NEWS | Business | Judges seek hold on debt claims

CAG gets a mention. ;)

Sorry. I am a pedant and know it. :oops:

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

the BBC couldnt be further from the mark on this subject.

anyone wishing to clarify matters, please contact nerys the Court Manager at Chester High Court

there is sooo much nonsense, cr@p and other useless info being bandied about at the moment so i prefer to speak to those who actually know rather than journalists who think they know

the BBC couldnt be further from the mark on this subject

Just reading through that report and this thread, proves that point.

Hopefully this should (in the end) help consumers. ;)

i prefer to speak to those who actually know rather than journalists who think they know

Seconded!

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

the BBC couldnt be further from the mark on this subject.

anyone wishing to clarify matters, please contact nerys the Court Manager at Chester High Court

there is sooo much nonsense, cr@p and other useless info being bandied about at the moment so i prefer to speak to those who actually know rather than journalists who think they know

I have a case which was issued against me by MBNA in the Chester County Court.

I spoke to them on Friday and they said a letter was posted to me on Friday informing me of the situation.

Postman has just been but nothing so far

BBC Radio 4's You & Yours had an article about these claims companies, and the cases being put on hold today. It should be up after 3 PM:

BBC - Radio 4 You and Yours - Monday

I'm sorry to say it was the usual disinformation and getting the wrong end of the stick as usual :(

I wonder how much of the disinformation is getting the wrong end of the stick and how much is deliberate?

Financial institutions are massively important to media companies in terms of advertising revenue and the BBC are the propoganda vehicle of the Government.

Does not take a genius to work out who's side they will be on in this

The BBC got the Halbert 9WAxxxx document and thats all they were sent, the rest they took from contacts in the industry.

Judges in England and Wales are considering putting on hold up to 100,000 claims for the cancellation of credit card and other consumer debts.
Estimates vary but up to 100,000 claims may be involved

The proposal is to select the cases then stay all other until the test cases have established the requisite principles

The judiciary is planning to select a few claims for a test case in the High Court to decide the issues involved.

The consensus is that the appropriate course is to refer a few carefully selected cases to the Commercial Court in London on a test basis

No deadline has been set for any decision on a test case, which will be decided by Lord Justice Moore-Bick, the deputy head of civil justice.

I don't think that can be construed as delibrately misleading any one - it is how it is taken from the letter from Halbert.

The only disinformation has been from the CMCs, whether for or against.

Edited by yourbank

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

BBC Radio 4's You & Yours had an article about these claims companies, and the cases being put on hold today. It should be up after 3 PM:

BBC - Radio 4 You and Yours - Monday

I'm sorry to say it was the usual disinformation and getting the wrong end of the stick as usual :(

Yes, at the end of the prog. but the primary content was having a pot at the companies who promise you they'll get rid of all your debts - just so long as you pay them trillions first! And that kind of publicity can't be all bad.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

When i first noticed this thread i must of picked up entirely the wrong idea lol.

I got the impression that this judge whatshisname was refering selcted cases to another court in order to get some set criteria in place from thse hearings. Hopefully to enable easy decision making in the CC. I.e speeding everything up. Straight forward script for assessing a CCA ect ect.

did i get the wrong idea lol? is this infact some sneaky effort to stitch up the consumer again lol.

When i first noticed this thread i must of picked up entirely the wrong idea lol.

I got the impression that this judge whatshisname was refering selcted cases to another court in order to get some set criteria in place from thse hearings. Hopefully to enable easy decision making in the CC. I.e speeding everything up. Straight forward script for assessing a CCA ect ect.

did i get the wrong idea lol? is this infact some sneaky effort to stitch up the consumer again lol.

So much conjecture at the moment, its a tad confusing to be fair mate.

Some suggest this Judge is consumer friendly and is only trying to make the mass of cases in the pipeline get through smoother and swifter... others suggest more underhand tactics by banks/government etc.

For my money, how can they rattle the consumer now? After precediants set out by Wilson and other case law?

It would all be out in the open and it would look bloody bad on the banks and government if they tried to whitewash it all.

With the might of the multi million pound claims industry and their own barristers etc... i doubt it will be an easy task for the banks....

Ultimately, this will backfire on them.... as soon as the truth is out, there will be a DELUGE of claims.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks