Unenforceability Cases on hold until further notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Everybody see this - Stay on Unenforceable Agreements

oh I am so confused!Only discovered this site yesterday whilst trying to work out whether I was being stitched by Tate-Lloyd/claim management.Became a cagger 2nite & found this. Can anybody tell me if ANYONE has ever had any debt eliminated at all?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody tell me if ANYONE has ever had any debt eliminated at all?

Yes, yes, yes!! Look in the Sucessess.

It IS confusing when you first start reading on here, there are just so many issues (not to mention sub issues) but you will find that lots of reading will make it all clearer & if you have a specific problem you want advice on, just post up in the appropriate forum & someone will come along to help. :)

• Haha 1

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

I have just spoken to Chester County Court and apparently the announcement made by Halbert last week only applies to cases WHERE THE DEBTOR IS TAKING ACTION AGAINST THE CREDITOR.

ALL ACTIONS WHERE THE CREDITOR IS TAKING ACTION AGAINST THE DEBTOR REMAIN UNAFFECTED AND WILL PROCEED AS NORMAL.

So much for justice,the intention is obviously that there will be a review and stay for people taking their lender to court but the lenders can sue our arses off as normal! :evil:

The defence I entered against MBNA action is that the agreement is in breach of the 1974 Consumer Credit Act so I asked the clerk to ask halbert to consider treating my case the same as the ones where the lenders are being taken to court by borrowers.

I will keep you posted about how things go.

I have now received a letter from Chester County Court informing me that I need to attend a case management conference at the court on Tuesday 19th May.

WTF is that all about at such short notice?

I have now received a letter from Chester County Court informing me that I need to attend a case management conference at the court on Tuesday 19th May.

WTF is that all about at such short notice?

Maybe the Claim is to be assessed for a test case?

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi Guys - we urgently need a copy of Halberts recent judgment - it was posted on this thread but it got removed can anybody send either me a link or copy or send one to broken arrow

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/144119-hfo-court-claim.html

There's an appeal on Tuesday next week that he needs it for.

Cheers

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Hi Guys - we urgently need a copy of Halberts recent judgment - it was posted on this thread but it got removed can anybody send either me a link or copy or send one to broken arrow

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/144119-hfo-court-claim.html

There's an appeal on Tuesday next week that he needs it for.

Cheers

I've got a copy if he pm's me his email address

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Going to be a "report" on BBC moneybox tomorrow.

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Moneybox

Consumer action

Not so long ago the county courts were being swamped with bank charges cases.

This year, they are increasingly hearing cases brought by consumers trying to get their loan and credit cards debts cancelled.

The claims companies acting on their behalf are using the Consumer Credit Act to look for irregularities in credit agreements which could make them unenforceable.

Now preparations are underway for a test case to determine whether these claims are legitimate.

Bob Howard reports.

If its on a par with recent BBC "reports" then I don't expect much (if any) insight though. :roll: Edited by fermi

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

and if it isnt... then its possibly a chance for you to put the case forward for it to be included in the stay perhaps?

S.

I thought we'd agreed that wasn't a stay in place, though?

;)

Ok, it's good to see this thread as I was a bit suspicious when I received the following today from my Solicitors in Cheshire:

----

15thMay 2009

You may have read recently in the national press that there is a pending stay on Unenforceable Credit Agreements. Brunel Franklin

would like to assure all Clients that we are monitoring this situation very closely.

Brunel Franklin is actively involved in the proposed selection of test cases and is making representations to the Courts as to the terms

of the proposed stay. We believe that the legal merits of your potential claim have not changed and at present

- NO FUTHER ACTION IS REQUIRED BY YOU.

Had there been no merits in the Claims already submitted, the Courts would not be required to undertake assessment of test cases

and we believe this provides some comfort for Clients who are concerned at the recent developments.

It is likely to be up to 1 month before any further information is available regarding test cases and we will revert back to you with an

update as soon as we are able.

This stay is potentially good for our Clients, as this is likely to result in the creation of a protocol and process within the Court system,

which will enable claims to be dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.

Brunel Franklin, a leading financial claims management company and a market leader in this field, is happy to continue assisting you

and we assure you of our best attention at all times.

What does that mean ? Authorisation surrendered ?? pmsl ??

"Authorisation voluntarily surrendered – Businesses that have been authorised by the Regulator but who have surrendered their authorisation. These businesses are not authorised to provide regulated services."

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Ultimatelaw, credit wise and all others are for some reason miss leading the market and general public. CMC's are throwing brick bats at each other, all in some way conning the general public out of large front end fees and large back end fees. Then along comes a very sensible judge HHJ Halbert who hears a case in Chester County Court against Southern Pacific Mortgages Limited who had in the first instance a repossession order against the borrower. The case is eventually listed before him and he finds for the borrower. The decision in the case is based on a miss statement of the amount of credit. Interest was charged by the lender on an item that was included wrongly in the AOC, a mandatory fee which should have been a cost of credit. Very good straight forward decision. Well reasoned and easy to follow.

HHJ Halbert for some reason then went of the rails and referred to Moore-Bic LJ and other Judges an idea he had to stay claims under the CCA 74 for some test cases to be heard in the commercial court in London before HHJ Andrew Smith.

The position to me seems ill thought out. This is settled law it has been through the House of Lords and in the CA in 2007 Tuckey LJ was well able to see what was and was not a case for unenforceability. He decided in Wilson v Hurstanger that the agreement was enforceable.

The courts have made it very clear.

However some CMC's are determined to ruin the chances of these cases, the real cases, being successful by bringing large numbers of these cases on very spurious grounds. Where unenforceability is alleged for coppers, or a few pounds on a loan of £15,000/£20,000. Bearing in mind there is a plus1% and minus 0.1% tolerance on the APR minor discrepancies are bound to arise. The rules where designed to prevent the lenders failing to disclose the true COST of credit to borrowers. These claims which are lodged in Chester are largely based on a very expensive computer programme which is untested non legal and suggests that minor errors result in unenforceability.

Other problems are also arising through a gross over statement of the incidence of loans that are unenforceable. Claims of 80% are a huge over statement and I have direct experience of 1000's of these loan agreements.

So yet again the lenders, courts and CMC's are muddying the waters and the losers are.............yes the poor bl........y borrowers.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks