BC: still applying interest while account is in dispute...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was about to send the following letter. Should I mention the OFT and FOS directly in the letter (as below) or word it differently? What do yo think?

Dear Sir/Madam

I note from my recent statement you are still applying interest onto my account despite being in default of my Consumer Credit Agreement request and the account being in Dispute.

The request was made on 27 January 2009 and notification of the Dispute was sent on 13 February 2009. Copies of both letters are enclosed for your reference.

As you are aware, there are certain conditions which become applicable when an account is in dispute:

• You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.
  • You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.
  • You may not pass the account to a third party.
  • You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.
  • You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

When I notified you of the dispute I gave notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing my account data or provide detailed reasoning on why you continue to process my data, and to state the legislation on which this reasoning depends.

You have failed to respond to this request.

I must therefore insist that Barclaycard stop applying interest to the account and either cease processing data or provide the reasoning as requested, within 14 days of receipt of this letter, otherwise complaints will be lodged with the Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Ombudsman Service.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Looks pretty good to me, althought I would mention a complaint to the OFT, Trading Standards and anyone else. :)

UF

• Haha 1

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.