style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Have just had a snotty letter from lowels saying if I dont get intouch with them they will get an agent in the area to call round. Can they do it? Fortunately it is at a family address , but her partner is getting snotty about it. My mail has gone there because I had a stalker and few people know where I am. We are moving abroad in the next few weeks. Can they still go to her address and what are the like for actually sending them?

Yes, of course they can.

But, remember, the agent is probably a self-employed person working on commission. They will have been given a brief to call round and collect some money. That's all. They will know nothing of the case at all.

There is no point in getting shirty with them because they will have no idea why. You can just quietly and politely ask them to leave - which they must do.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi

I was just asking what are the like for actually carrying out there threat?

I don't know about Lowells, however very few debt collection agencies actually carry out their threats.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

With most DCA the home visit letter is just a threat to get you to ring them so they can turn the screw in the hope of getting you to make a payment they do not care who pays as long as they get a payment.As above they have no legal right to visit you so if they do tell them to bog off or you will call the police (not 999)

dpick