PCN Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Got a letter yesterday from AS Securi-T, stating that i had parked on a private road, at 16:06 on a Saturday afternoon, in Aldridge Walsall. Location Aldridge Shopping Centre, Bay 2 Front Centre House.

I do not remember doing this!

If i want a photograph then this apparently is going to cost me £5.

What am i best to do?

I live in Stafford, which is 20miles away, and that day i was catching a flight from B'ham airport at 6. Since you are meant to be at the airport 2 hours before, this is quite confusing.

I used to live in Aldridge, Walsall - and yes i did pass through there that day to drop something off, but unsure where i parked up to run into see my mother (very briefly)

Aside from this, how can a random company get details from a government agency like the DVLA about where i live.

Is this breaking any data protection laws? I do not remember a box asking me to tick for them do be able to give my information to strangers.

Any help or advice would be appreciate and thanks in advance.

Hi,

Got a letter yesterday from AS Securi-T, stating that i had parked on a private road, at 16:06 on a Saturday afternoon, in Aldridge Walsall. Location Aldridge Shopping Centre, Bay 2 Front Centre House.

I do not remember doing this!

If i want a photograph then this apparently is going to cost me £5.

No it won't. You don't need it unless they take you to court, and if they do (don't hold your breath) they have to give you it for free

What am i best to do?

Nothing!

I live in Stafford, which is 20miles away, and that day i was catching a flight from B'ham airport at 6. Since you are meant to be at the airport 2 hours before, this is quite confusing.

I used to live in Aldridge, Walsall - and yes i did pass through there that day to drop something off, but unsure where i parked up to run into see my mother (very briefly)

Aside from this, how can a random company get details from a government agency like the DVLA about where i live.

Coz the DVLA have it written into their rules that they can sell your data to any Tom Dick or rip-off company

Is this breaking any data protection laws? I do not remember a box asking me to tick for them do be able to give my information to strangers.

No it isn't. See above

Any help or advice would be appreciate and thanks in advance.

Do not write them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to any letters

Do not pay them

Do not write them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to any letters

Do not pay them

So i am assuming that they will keep sending me letters demanding that i pay etc.

What should i do if they try and send debt collectors round the house? Or say that they are going to?

I think to any person just doing nothing, and hoping it is all going to blow over etc is quite hard to do.

So i am assuming that they will keep sending me letters demanding that i pay etc.

What should i do if they try and send debt collectors round the house? Or say that they are going to?

I think to any person just doing nothing, and hoping it is all going to blow over etc is quite hard to do.

Yes they will send more letters threatening all sorts but they will disappear. They cannot send debt collectors around to your home. Debt collectors only come into the frame if your taken to court (you wont) you lose and then refuse or dont pay the awarded amounts. Doing nothing is the best option-what do you have to lose?

Yes they will send more letters threatening all sorts but they will disappear. They cannot send debt collectors around to your home. Debt collectors only come into the frame if your taken to court (you wont) you lose and then refuse or dont pay the awarded amounts. Doing nothing is the best option-what do you have to lose?

Debt collectors can come into the frame at any time DDWales, you're referring to court appointed bailiffs.

DCAs are nothing more than another [EDIT] sitting in the same office at the PPC just using different letterhead on the paper no doubt. They will not call, and if they did you can just tell them to go away and do some mathematics (multipication preferably :) )

Hi, sorry i am new to this, i get the jist of what to do in this situation, but my mother has just received a PCN from 'Civil Enforcement Ltd', to which she was not actually the driver at the time of the alleged breach of an 11minute overstay at KFC, requesting the fee of £120.

On a side note: (The post code of the alleged location on the Notice does not exist). Probably a typo, but non the less it is incorrect, and the car has never been parked at such an address.

What is my best course of action here, should i send them the standard template letter as found on this forum which relates to this type of dispute, or should i completely ignore the PCN and not even respond at all?

She is understandably worried, and does not want her name to be 'black listed' against her credit status as she runs a small business.

Any help appreciated.