I want to take Lloyds to Court!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry about the Title of this thread, but if you was in my shoes you would understand my hate of this 'so called' Bank.

To cut the long story short, I came out of work in August 2004 as I suffered with a Mental Breakdown. Since then I have been diagnosed with severe depression etc. I've been on anti-depressents, for the past year or so I've had regular one to one meetings with a Psychologist, etc.etc. In this time Lloydstsb have been total [edited]. These [edited] do not care one bit what situation you are in, only that they are owed money and they want it whatever the cost.

I owe these 'people' approx £8000. THEY claim I owe them another £14,000. However that is on a second loan I had with them that was supposed to be covered by their Payment Protection Insurance. Indeed, they did actaully start off paying it, until a few months later when they just simply decided that I was probably an easy target ( due to my illness ) that they could drop the insurance and chase me for the money instead!! So of course, they now chase me for £22,000. Within the last two years or so, I used an advisor from the local CAB as at that time I was getting nowhere, and had received dozens of nasty phone calls from this [edited]. The advisor went through the usual procedure of financial statements etc, and basically ignoring the fact that I don't actually owe the £14,000, sorted out a payment plan. The plan? Wait for it....

49 years of £35 per month! :lol:

Now, I'm 43 this year, and to be honest I can't see me even living this debt out!! I have been paying this to them now for just over a year as agreed. They did try and force up the payments at the end of last year, until I told them that they were breaking the OFT guidelines and that £35 was all I could give them anyway. Of course, then they sent me a letter stating that THEY had decided to keep the payments at £35. Yeah right.

My problem right now is that I ONLY receive Incapacity Benefit, and most of that goes to my parter to help pay the bills. The £35 is pretty much all I have to spare and these [edited] are taking this for the next 48 years! Dealing with my illness is bad enough, but when people like this insist on such ridiculous payment plans they are totally ruining my life, which makes me contemplate things that I shouldn't.

So, I was considering doing something about all this once and for all. Basically, how would I go on taking these to Court. I somehow think that any reasonable Judge would see Lloyds as taking the **** and possibly sort something better out!?

Sorry for the above long winded post, but I needed to let you all know where I am. :(

Edited by jonni2bad

Hi alienandy, creditors really are annoying, below is the link to the letters templates page, letter F is the one for getting a creditor to take you to court, however it is best that you get further advice on this site before you go ahead.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/generel-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Hi alienandy, creditors really are annoying, below is the link to the letters templates page, letter F is the one for getting a creditor to take you to court, however it is best that you get further advice on this site before you go ahead.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/generel-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Like you said, I need to talk to someone in the legal profession first I think! Not too sure if I would qualify for Legal Aid with this, as I'm on incapacity benefit? Might have to book an appointment with the CAB again.

Maybe if you're not going to be working again than going BR might be the best solution to wipe out all these debts? That way they wont chase you indefinitely....

I looked into that at one point, but I was put off as I read somewhere ( or I was told ) that they can chase you forever more if they wish to do so, i.e. keep the debt live, until THEY think otherwise. If this is the case, then they really do take over the rest of my life. I don't see why I should let them do that. Plus, the few items that I own i.e. PC and TV, can be taken off me and sold off too, as I understand it? Or have I been informed wrong?

Br should always be the last resort but you have been misstold that they can chase you forever

here is a link to BR

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 01 Bankruptcy

have a look over the site and you can always call debtline for free advice

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Br should always be the last resort but you have been misstold that they can chase you forever

here is a link to BR

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 01 Bankruptcy

have a look over the site and you can always call debtline for free advice

ida x

Thanks for that.

There is no way I'm going down that route. To be honest, why should I? At the end of the day, I hold my hands up to the fact that I owe nearly £8000 to Lloyds and I actually agree that I should pay something towards that every month. But the other £14,000 is what is riling me. The Insurance should cover that (like it did to start with!) and so that is what I want to deal with more than anything.

My step son was talking about getting another loan with Lloyds to add to a current one. When he mentioned adding Payment Protection on it, I warned him off telling him what they are doing to me. He has took my advice thank god. Lloyds are criminals. They push you into thinking that you need an insurance against coming out of work for medical reasons, then they don't honour it when it actually happens! These people are ****.

If you want to challenge them on the loans as too what they should have paid i think you need to get all the info in front of you

you can send them a sar so you can get all your figures etc and it will give you all the ppi info then it gives you somewhere to start

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you want to challenge them on the loans as too what they should have paid i think you need to get all the info in front of you

you can send them a sar so you can get all your figures etc and it will give you all the ppi info then it gives you somewhere to start

ida x

I will look into this. Thanks.

I get a feeling that these 'people' won't wait another 48 years for this debt to be paid to them. Is this arrangement a typical one, or do these normally end up in Court anyway? Or is there some sort of time limit on how long someone can be listed 'default' for?

Sorry for the questions. I just don't have a clue! :(