style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well it would be interesting to see a test case thats for sure

im not sure what the outcome would be because as far as i can see if the hp company it not out of pocket at the end of the day then as the hirer as no legal interest in the ownership of the vehicle but IS responsible under the law for fines against the vehicle as the registered keeper- then i don't see what arguments would be put forward not to distrain his goods

i think the courts would start out with the presumption that the person could and should have mitigated his losses from the outset by settlingh the fine

make a very interesting case i would have thought

every good bailiff(even ex) knows that it is a contravention and a penalty charge. A fine is dealt with by the police/court and so on ?

So whats cooking today ?

I did read what you highlighted. You were making a trivial point based on dicky's freudian slip of the word "fine" as apposed to "PCN". The point wouldn't have been made if he wasn't an ex-bailiff as you well know. ;)

Anyway, we digress....

Back to the topic.

Many posters on this forum have suffered terribly at the hands of unscrupulous bailiffs so are understandably "anti-bailiff". It's only natural this would lead to a rather biased view of the industry as a whole. In my "stupid" days when I neglected all responsibility for my actions, I had both nice and horrible bailiffs at my door. Luckily, I had the funds at hand to pay them and wasn't ripped off. Others have not been so lucky.....

• 3 weeks later...

ALL...Thankx for this discussions...well hearin soon..I have filed witness statement....Car sold by finanace company and money in my account with a short fall to finanace company...No payment made to Bailliffs!!!..Filed a complaint to finanace company Chanded keeper without consent ...Lot happened.

Now I have also filed form 4 on baillif and his company at different court...Order in place and court waitin outcome of other case and reponse from bailiff.

Lets see the outcome of this mess by the certified bailliff and his company..