Being Taken to Court for solicitors fees on housesale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recieved a CCJ a couple of years ago for approx £350, as I didn't attend court no payment plan was set up.

In short I haven't paid this CCJ as I just haven't been able to afford it, I have now been issued papers to attend court for questioning regarding my means to pay.

What can the outcome of this be?

Out of my salary I take home £1440, my mortgage is being paid at interest only £1100PM. Council tax £150 which leaves me £190PM for everything else.

Any advice?

I would imagine the Judge would accept an offer of paying a small amount per month considering your circumstances.

Did you defend the claim at the time of the CCJ?

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

no defense was made, basically the debt was solicitors fees for the work they did on a housesale, the buyer pulled out of buying the house and everything went pearshaped from there.

I was just wondering if I could be held in contempt of court?

You will not see a judge. Its an oral examination, you disclose your income and expenses under oath, usually to a court clerk.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

£1 month maybe. Hard to say, but a court will not order you to pay more than you can afford.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

If it is an oral examination you must attend - you also need to take evidence of your income/expenditure with you.

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

This is the form they will complete http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex140_0403.pdf

Have a look through it and you will see the information you will need to provide.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)