Debt passed from A&L to DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Alliance & Leicester have passed my debt to an agency after my letter with financial statement and offer.

A friend has told me that as the original debt in not with the DCA that I don't have to pay the DCA. I would appreciate your thoughts on this!

I have spoken to the DCA informing them that I will send them a financial statement with an offer. They have requested proof of my being disabled and want a phoyocopy of a letter to this effect. I do not want to send any such documentation as this was not asked for when I applied for the loan, so why should I do this for the DCA? I do have the relevant correspondence, its not my being awkward its a matter of principal and also of privacy.

Thanking you in anticipation.

seeker27

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds like one of their in-house DCAs... what are they called? The 2 I'm familiar with are Security Investigations and Global Debt Management Services Ltd.

Correspond in writing only....not on the 'phone.

This is fun...kind of! A&L passed the debt to a DCA. I corresponded with the DCA enclosing a financial statement with an amount I could afford. This has been refused by the DCA!Now A&L are also writing to me about my debt to them! Confused! I am! I will sit down later and read all the letters and respond accordingly. Has anyone else experienced similar?!?!

Alliance & Leicester have passed my debt to an agency after my letter with financial statement and offer.

I have spoken to the DCA informing them that I will send them a financial statement with an offer.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Please please stop talking to them over the phone,

stop talking to them over the phone,stop talking to them over the phone.

They will only force you into a corner you can't talk yourself out of. Get everything in writing and don't entertain them over the phone.

If you get everything in writing at least you have a paper trail of evidence, should you need to.

Is this the first DCA that has contacted you regarding this debt? If it is, it will more than likely be their own 'in house' DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Please please stop talking to them over the phone,

stop talking to them over the phone,stop talking to them over the phone.

They will only force you into a corner you can't talk yourself out of. Get everything in writing and don't entertain them over the phone.

If you get everything in writing at least you have a paper trail of evidence, should you need to.

Is this the first DCA that has contacted you regarding this debt? If it is, it will more than likely be their own 'in house' DCA.

Thanks for your advice. I no longer entertain contact with any DCA on the telephone. I admit I did speak once, but it was on my terms - however it was a one off as I have been well advised by the wonderful people on this forum.

I shall write to both "parties" again as I believe the DCA is in-house - can't remember the name at this time!

seeker27

I was just having another read, did A&L issue you a Default Notice? After that should come the 'We have sold your debt to'....letter, then the letter from their chosen DCA stating that they now own the debt and are seeking payment?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!