Parking Eye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A Parking Eye invoice has been received, addressed to the keeper of the vehicle - stating that said keeper is responsible etc. No request as to identity of driver. At first it was thought to be a letter from the Police :-| - Black Chevrons all round and following layout of official notice.

Apparently there was an overstay at Aldi's FREE car park, now backed up with blurry photo's of the front and back of a car as it entered and exited the car park and close-up photos of the number plate not showing the car (notice No.2) No driver is visible - perhaps the car went alone that day?

Would like to confirm that no action is necessary, apart from filing letters for future reference, should they be needed.

The invoice from the shop is saved and would like to communicate disgust with ALDI but have no contact details apart from their address on the invoice. I would also not wish to pass on any more details than necessary via the shop invoice. Will not shop there again they charge as much for their FREE parking as the weekly shopping bill, so the choice would be 'eat or park'

Any advice/help appreciated as am very nervous of this, have never experienced anything like this before and finding it hard to believe that this can be ignored.

TIA

Hi there. Just to confirm-ignore. This is a classic PPC [problem] so do not worry. Why should you pay for a car park that was free? Do keep any correspondence and please do ignore P.Es DCA also. Be prepared for the usual nonsense letters-after that they will disappear :)

Edited by DDWales
spelling

A Parking Eye invoice has been received, addressed to the keeper of the vehicle - stating that said keeper is responsible etc.

Thats not true-its the driver

No request as to identity of driver. At first it was thought to be a letter from the Police :-| - Black Chevrons all round and following layout of official notice.

Classic part of the [problem]-make the document as official looking as possible

Apparently there was an overstay at Aldi's FREE car park, now backed up with blurry photo's of the front and back of a car as it entered and exited the car park and close-up photos of the number plate not showing the car (notice No.2) No driver is visible - perhaps the car went alone that day?

Having photgraphs make no difference at all

The invoice from the shop is saved and would like to communicate disgust with ALDI but have no contact details apart from their address on the invoice. Write to the manager of Aldi and complain in the strongest terms

TIA

Just a bit more info for you :)

Thanks for that :D

Write to the manager of Aldi and complain in the strongest terms

This is what I was thinking but there's no way of finding out the manager's name, short of ... parking there again and going in and asking. It used to be above the door but hasn't been for ages - maybe they were getting too many letters?

Will have to find a way of registering my disgust.

Thanks for that :D

This is what I was thinking but there's no way of finding out the manager's name, short of ... parking there again and going in and asking. It used to be above the door but hasn't been for ages - maybe they were getting too many letters?

Will have to find a way of registering my disgust.

No problem:)

If you wanted to find out the manager's name i wouldnt worry about parking there again at all either :p

Re Writing to the manager of the shop and complaining, have now found a recent local newspaper report online about this. After reading it I have come to the conclusion that writing to the manager would be a complete waste of time and stamps.

Will be keeping in touch with you all at this website, still feel very nervous about this. It goes against the grain to not pay up immediately, but in no way will I support these [problematic].

• 2 weeks later...
report the PPC to Trading Standards.

Ahhh ! If only that would be any use. Have had contact with local TS and they just transfer the call to Consumer Direct - who are completely useless and uninterested in just about any subject :Cry:

Have now received the expected letter from CCS Collect. It is identical to the one that Mr M T has received - even to the date!! (of course, the 'washed' details will be different) was going to scan it and post here but it's already on Mr MTs thread for all to see.

Should I reply to this? am feeling distincly uneasy about all this, it's no wonder many people pay without question. :Cry:

IGNORE COMPLETELY

Basically, all they could ever ask a court for is to cover their losses. There are none - it is a free car park. At best you deprived someone else a free parking space. still no loss to Aldi.

You will get plenty more letters. IGNORE ALL OF THEM. They will not take you to court, they will pretend to be soilicitors. They will mention baliffs, taking goods, selling your children (well not quite). All bow locks. IGNORE EVERYTHING.

that duty can be sidestepped. and very easily so if people just phone.

If everyone writes in instead then it becomes much harder to TS to sidestep.

and of course the reaction of TS varies all across the country.

Doing it in writing to TS is the best way by far, it 'builds the case' for action.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard anything lately - but still expecting a few more 'thretters' :wink:

Was feeling very nervous about all this today so have spent some time reading the forum and noticed that UKPC had the same postal address as their 'threbt' collectors. Being of a curious nature I studied the letters recieved here in some depth, as the postal address is written in very tiny type. Was surprised to find that Parking Eye and CCS Collect share the same postal address!!! Wonder if they also share the same office and possibly the same desk, maybe even the same seat??

Still holding on, but it does get to me at times, thank goodness for this forum and all your information and support.

Being of a curious nature I studied the letters recieved here in some depth, as the postal address is written in very tiny type. Was surprised to find that Parking Eye and CCS Collect share the same postal address!!! Wonder if they also share the same office and possibly the same desk, maybe even the same seat??

You clearly are a very perceptive person NervousNellie. ;)

Hmmm

Not as perceptive as you think :wink:

Further investigation reveals that this is NOT the postal address of Parking Eye. There is NO postal address, registered number etc. for Parking Eye on their invoices. As a Limited company (according to their website contact details) surely there should be???? Is there a different requirement for a Limited company as opposed to a registered company???

The Address I found on the back of their invoices is a c/o address which is the address of CCS Collect which is NOT the same as Parking Eye Ltd - which I found through the wonders of Google.

Curiouser and curiouser :rolleyes:

Aldi sell alcohol dont they? Is there not a requirement for a little sign above the shop: "mr Joe Bloggs licensed to sell alcohol for consumption off the premises" or something like that? isnt it an offence perhaps not to be displaying it? just a naughty little thought :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

LOL

I think it would be a shame to report them, should they ever decide to get heavy and take someone to court they better be able to levitate :D

It would be a shame to remove yet another reason to throw their case out ;)

• 5 months later...

Just to let everyone know, since May I have heard nothing from Parking Eye or their alter ego CCS Collect - Nothing, Nichts, Nada! :D

No one came and kidnapped the cat, my granny sleeps safe in her bed at night. All their threatters were for nothing - hope this gives peace and comfort to anyone who isn't quite convinced that it really is a [problem] :p

Thank you so much for your help and support. :D

I have been spreading the word and will continue to do so as far and wide as possible.

Just to let everyone know, since May I have heard nothing from Parking Eye or their alter ego CCS Collect - Nothing, Nichts, Nada! :D

No one came and kidnapped the cat, my granny sleeps safe in her bed at night. All their threatters were for nothing - hope this gives peace and comfort to anyone who isn't quite convinced that it really is a [problem] :p

I have been spreading the word and will continue to do so as far and wide as possible.

Well Done! Keep spreading the word, it is the best way to beat these parasites.

• 2 years later...

Thank you very much for this post. I am living in Bangor, and just got in the same trouble with the ever watchful ParkingEye. Your posts reassured me that I am doing the right thing by resisting to make the payment (40GBP for the 44 extra minutes when my car stood on the virtually empty car park when the store was already closed). I also read on other websites that the retailer should justify the expenses they incurred.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks