MBNA and Aegis - No CCA received!

exchange
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

RMA went as quick as they come with a flea in their ear lol

Hi Laura

I managed to see them off by getting my boss to write direct to them to complain about all the phone calls they made to my work place Once my boss told me RMA had rung him eight times trying to get hold of me in space of one day! and totally ignored him when he told them i do not take personal calls at work However they dropped me like a hot potatoe when both me and my boss wrote them a warning letter each about telephone harrasement! Never heard anything more!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunflower I`d be mortified if that had happened to me in my profession I`d loose my job for having financial problems.

A colleague retired last year he missed the authority so he took on a job as a debt collector for the Council Tax/Rent he loathed it and said houses he went to nearly brought him to tears when he saw how upset the householder was he said some homes had nothing not even wallpaper on the walls, he gave the job the boot he said he couldn`t bring himself to ask for a penny off such unfortunate people luckily hese been offered a civilian post in his previous employment

I wouldn`t have the heart to be a debt collector it takes some bottle and in my opinion you have to be without concience and have no soul and if it helps be a real bas***d it would suit some you might say who get a kick out of being just like that

Idiots called this morning but only let the phone ring twice so no chance of answering it! I know it was them from the London '0207' number which I recognise but they did not leave a message.

Something which nearly made me fall off the sofa laughing though was the appearance of a German name on the screen during the Winter Olympics which I kid you not is 'A. W**K'! I know, schoolboy humour, but a very unfortunate name for someone when he travels to the English speaking world.

I know the one you mean Andreas Whisky Alpha November Kilo a Ski Jumper. I though that was bad enough but writing only his first initial and surname makes matters much worse. Then agian is there not a town in Austria called Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo India November Gulf, so I suppose it could be worse if he came from there!

Sunflower I`d be mortified if that had happened to me in my profession I`d loose my job for having financial problems.

A colleague retired last year he missed the authority so he took on a job as a debt collector for the Council Tax/Rent he loathed it and said houses he went to nearly brought him to tears when he saw how upset the householder was he said some homes had nothing not even wallpaper on the walls, he gave the job the boot he said he couldn`t bring himself to ask for a penny off such unfortunate people luckily hese been offered a civilian post in his previous employment

I wouldn`t have the heart to be a debt collector it takes some bottle and in my opinion you have to be without concience and have no soul and if it helps be a real bas***d it would suit some you might say who get a kick out of being just like that

Yes it was so humiliating and dreadful they caused me so much embarresement at my work place,It was me doing some resarch into problems of telephone harrasement at work that brought CAG to my attention and one of the first things that came up in my search results was cag ! and never looked back since!:) Though never thougth i would find the courage to challenge most of my credit cards.when they started bullying me!and never heard of cca issue before joining cag!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

good on you Sunflowere feel same learnt a lot wish I could gain a lot more knowledge but it`s difficult getting responses at times and the right and correct ones at that, at moment wanting advice on MBNA sending the sars day after filed a N1 at court do i have to let court know? and how and when can I do a wasted costs

I think when someone bullies you it makes you come out fighting and you finder a inner strength that you never realised you had

I feel able to deal better with things as said though in the light of correct advice it`s the not knbowing how to do things and the lack of confidence that holds you back

good on you Sunflowere feel same learnt a lot wish I could gain a lot more knowledge but it`s difficult getting responses at times and the right and correct ones at that, at moment wanting advice on MBNA sending the sars day after filed a N1 at court do i have to let court know? and how and when can I do a wasted costs

I think when someone bullies you it makes you come out fighting and you finder a inner strength that you never realised you had

I feel able to deal better with things as said though in the light of correct advice it`s the not knbowing how to do things and the lack of confidence that holds you back

Hi Laura

Yes you are right and i even found myself enjoying being irritating on phone to them:D i never though i would ever find myself saying i enjoyed a DCA call! and they get so agitated when i refuse to go through security details ! It is hilarious!:D Meant to say have you seen the mammoth cheekiness to DCA started by MR Ton! That is a great thread full of various wind ups and jokes about DCAs!:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca.html It will be a few hours reading! It is one of Cags longest threads!

Hi Laura

I have not got any expereince of that stuation with MBNA as in my case MBNA took me to court and i got a no win no fee solictor to defend me so not had to do court thing on my own. and i was luuky that when i put in SAR request MBNA complied in reasonable time so i did not have to do an official complaint or court summons to get them to comply! I jst wotre thema couple of firm letters and did a couple of phone calls to chase it up! But i will see if i can find a nice cagger to answer you!:)

I believe that I truly excelled this morning, either that or I’ve proven I really am a total nutter. Anyway here is the dialogue.

Me: hello

DCA: Is that Mr X

Me: No this is Mrs X

DCA: Are you sure that is not Mr X you sound like Mr X

Me: Are you saying that just because I have a deep voice that I’m not feminine

DCA: Of course not

Me: I think my friend Kirsty Wark might want to do a programme about the likes of you

DCA: Is Mr X available

Me: hold on and I’ll check

(put phone down and walked out of room then screamed OH NO NOT AGAIN before returning to the phone)

Me: Sorry I’ll need to go, Mr X has slashed his wrists again, I thought he had been in the bathroom rather a long time.

(Hung up phone, then broke into a convulsive fit of laughter. Then I thought, what if that was not a DCA? It could have been Readers Digest telling me I had just won their £250K prize!)

Oh well that made my day and I hope it helped brighten yours

Excellent!

Idiots are not playing ball with me. Phone rang once only this morning so no chance of answering and then the mobile was ringing but I did not notice until I realised it was out of battery and charged it to find that I had had a 'no number' call which I am sure was them.

I have some ideas up my sleeve but I am sure they are just playing the numbers game with me now where I am on there list of people to call, so they call to hit a target but don't bother waiting for a reply because I have never picked up in the past.

Edited by exchange
typo

I never phone DCA’s back but I know some folks do, so, I’ve been thinking of how you might wind them up if you were calling them. I was thinking along the lines of:

You: I have been left a message to call you.

Them: Can I have you name or reference number

You: We are the XYZ Vulture Sanctuary you left a message saying that you had some specimens for uplift. How many Vultures do you have there?

I’m sure others can elaborate and have great fun with this.

In fact we could gather the troops online and all simultaneously call. Just imaging flooding their incoming lines and every one of us using the same wind up. We could run a competition to see who could keep it going longest.

I have just had a similar disapointment. Capquest called whilst I was on the other line on another call. I had to simply say I'm busy and hang up. On reflection I should have asked him to hold and just been in no hurry to end my other call. I wonder just how long he would have stayed on the line. I hate it when i think of something better to do after the oportunity has gone.

they called back and this time I think I got him really wound up because the call culminated in him hanging up. It went like this.

Me: Hi

Him: Can I speak to Mr X

Me: Whit? (in a broad Glasgow accent)

Him: Can I speak to Mr X

Me: Are you a tallyman?

Him: A what?

Me: Whits wrang kin you no speak Inglish

Him: Is Mr X there

Me: Stoap askin the same al question I telt y’ ya eejit ees no in fur the tallyman

Clunk! He hung up.

I may have just overstepped the mark. here is the dialogue

Me: hello

Him: Am I speaking to Mr X Y

Me: Yes

Him: This is Alex calling from Capquest, for security can I take...(I cut in)

Me: Can you read

Him: Of course

Me: well have you read my letters

Him: I cannot answer that until we have gone through security, what is your... (I cut in again)

Me: If you refer to those letters you will see I ask for written communication only, now I’m guessing that if you can read you are educated so what part of written communication are you failing to comprehend

Him: I’m not here to be insulted sir (again I cut in)

Me: well you certainly made a bad career choice then didn’t you? I’m guessing that you must be really ugly, so ugly that the only job you can get is talking to people on the phone, that way they cannot see just how repulsive you really are. I bet you look like a bulldog chewing a wasp. Have you considered a career move? Perhaps into horror films?

Him: I don’t need to listed to this abuse

Me: you are quite right, you can hang up any time

Clunk!

I don't think you should worry about what you say to them. You and I have made it clear to them that we will not talk on the phone in several letters, so why do they persist in calling?

What they are doing is clearly harrasement and if the person calling is unaware of the history of the situation, tough.

You are quite right Exchange that if these companies resort to harassment tactics then they should not be surprised when we retaliate. I was feeling a trifle guilty at my tirade of abuse this morning. Perhaps you do need to be somewhat masochistic to work in a DCA call centre but I’m sure no one really deserves to be verbally abused like that at work. But do you know what the really sad thing is? I actually enjoyed it!

I have decided what they are going to hear if they keep calling. I missed calls today while I was out but they did at least leave a message for me to call!

I have found on 'Spotify' Monty Python material, (Dead Parrot Sketch seems ideal) and Spike Milligan's theme tune to his 'Q' series, for example amongst others which I will play to them at full blast until they stop calling.

Can't wait to give it a go and see how long they stay on the phone for!

Coactum, Could I have my calls re-directed to you please, you handle them so brilliantly!

Trouble is MBNA and Cap 1 seem to have given up for the time being, this does however leave the line free for Blair, Olivia and Splot to get through!

:p

Blair Oliver & Scott are as you may well know the inhouse collection arm of Bank Of Scotland. I'm surprised that they did not appoint a new partner Humphry or the likes post Halifax merger. If your debt is a Halifax one I guess you could insist on wanting to talk with Mr Humpty or something equally stupid.

Your suggested Monty Python etc got the old grey matter wondering. Do you remember that Ronnie Barker story about Cinderella that was riddled with spoonerisms? Well perhaps we could do likewise when a DCA calls.

You might say "mist all chucking frighty I’m tucking fired of you phastards boning me. Why don’t you cotton runts realise I’ll never go through your stoody blupid security protocol" and so on. I wonder just how long it would take before they twigged what you were saying.