• Tweets

• sounds pretty typical. scan everything up to ONE multipage PDf please follow upload we dont need any statements. dx  
    • Participants can get £50 - but must permanently consent to the retailer using their personal data.View the full article
    • Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA and Aegis - No CCA received!

exchange
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of great links about crapital one! The first link is hilarious about a persons battle with debitarse!and their phone call wind ups!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Posted up on a web site

Me: Hulo

Debitas: Hello, can I speak to Mr X

Me: Who?

Debitas: Mr X, who am I speaking to?

Me: It's the burglars

Debitas: Sorry?

Me: It's the burglars - we're just leaving there's not much here

Debitas: Is Mr X there?

Me: I hope not, he might catch me

Debitas: Who is this?

Me: it's the burglars - you're not too bright are you?

Debitas: What address are you at?

Me: I dunno but there was a window open

Debitas: ... (hangs up

Loved this one nearly wet myself oh don`t you just love it:)

Hi Laura, read some of those earlier and if the writer isn't a comedian he is missing his (or hers) vocation!

Gives me more ideas to wind them up but have had no calls yet today!

Got to agree their talents are wasted I`d give the day job up if they have one lol:D

Posted up on a web site

Me: Hulo

Debitas: Hello, can I speak to Mr X

Me: Who?

Debitas: Mr X, who am I speaking to?

Me: It's the burglars

Debitas: Sorry?

Me: It's the burglars - we're just leaving there's not much here

Debitas: Is Mr X there?

Me: I hope not, he might catch me

Debitas: Who is this?

Me: it's the burglars - you're not too bright are you?

Debitas: What address are you at?

Me: I dunno but there was a window open

Debitas: ... (hangs up

Loved this one nearly wet myself oh don`t you just love it:)

Hi Laura

Yes that one was pricelesss!:D Have you looked at some of the Robinson way DCA hreads! There are some hilarious wind ups on there too!:D

Off to take hubbie to hospital will look on way back thanks for making my days so cheerful:)

Hi Laura

sorry to hear your husband not well and hope hospital visit goes ok:) Glad this thread cheers you up.I found Cag to be a life saver when i first found it and soon and find all the humour and frienship and moral suppport just as important as the excellant practical advice.given on Cag to eat these ****! Threads like this one and the others help to put all our fears about DCAS in perspective! and made me realise what a ridiculous situation i was in being frightenend to answer my own phone and really on the phone they are completly powerless so i dont have to be bullied and humilaited on my own telephone!:D But it took joining cag to make me realise that!

They spoiled my fun!

Just got a call from CapQuest.

Her: can I speak to XXX YYY

Me: No

Her: OK

then she hung up

Do you think they have cottened on to my shenanigans ?

Oh what a shame! They getting wise to you!

Hi Laura

sorry to hear your husband not well and hope hospital visit goes ok:) Glad this thread cheers you up.I found Cag to be a life saver when i first found it and soon and find all the humour and frienship and moral suppport just as important as the excellant practical advice.given on Cag to eat these ****! Threads like this one and the others help to put all our fears about DCAS in perspective! and made me realise what a ridiculous situation i was in being frightenend to answer my own phone and really on the phone they are completly powerless so i dont have to be bullied and humilaited on my own telephone!:D But it took joining cag to make me realise that!

Agree whole heartedly with you Sunflower learnt a lot and amazed at the facts so not bothered any more about dca just wasn`t aware once you are it inspires your confidence which mine as been rocked for past few years being a carer

Feel it would be nice however if posts could get a prompt reply it`s difficult I know but some times posts urgently need help and some go unanswered whilst others are responded to when it`s way to late, it`s a shame as generaly the advice is worth waiting for and seems to be sound advice, nice feeling to know at times you can get answers instead of feeling that you are battling alone:)

Going by my experience Aegis was a doodle ,I just totally ignored them never answewered securityy question got hubby to say i was out when he answered,They sooon drop you ! Next one in line is proabably RMA who are extremly found of the telephone! :eek: You will be able to have lots of fun with them using ideas on this thread though!:D Only thing is if they have your work number they will pester you with lots of call to your workplace!

Agree whole heartedly with you Sunflower learnt a lot and amazed at the facts so not bothered any more about dca just wasn`t aware once you are it inspires your confidence which mine as been rocked for past few years being a carer

Feel it would be nice however if posts could get a prompt reply it`s difficult I know but some times posts urgently need help and some go unanswered whilst others are responded to when it`s way to late, it`s a shame as generaly the advice is worth waiting for and seems to be sound advice, nice feeling to know at times you can get answers instead of feeling that you are battling alone:)

Yes i suppose that is the trouble with being such a large forum i suppose it sometimnes takes a while for some people to get their problems come to the attention of the right cagger able to help them.and as you say if it is a major problem it is very streesful waiting for someone to help you so you can know what to do next,That has happenend to me too but luckily as i been in cag a long time now i have made some lovely friends and people who sub to my threads who i can turn to for advice when i get a worrying problem.Apparently if you click on the red triangle in box and message for help! one of the site managers is supposed to notice and bring it to the attention of someone who can help!

Using the red triangle does work but it should be used considerately as the site team make huge efforts to get around to everyone (one site team member informed me he was subscribed to over 13,000 threads!) and if everyone starts using it then it would become useless.

No calls for me for two days now. Bet I get a call this afternoon having said that!!

I have never used red triangle ! Only found out about it a short while ago! Thought it was just used to report a post that went against forum rules and needed to be cagbooted!:eek: which has hapenend a few times to me! They did not like the photo of Ellie from crap one and they did not like my debt collector word association game i started in the bear garden!:eek:

It was only recently i found out it could also be used to get advice if someone desperate.

I haven't had the opportunity to wind them up since all these ideas got posted!

I am now frustrated they are not calling me!

Well you in for a treat when you get RMA the next one MBNA usually set on people:D:D RMA short for Risk Mangement Alternatives!

'One post i remember when someone had RMA pestering them to talk to his wife! He told them quite truthfully his wife was out but the RMA DCA kept insisting he was lying and said that he could hear his wife in the background,The back ground noise was the tv not his wife! LOL another person had the experience of a DCA referring to his little girl who answered the phone as a brat ! Unbelievable!:eek:

RMA and Aegis were seen off long ago!

You have to remember that the spotty 18 year old working for a pittance for a DCA is working towards a target more than likely publicly displayed on a board with everyone else and the progress they are making towards a bonus, or lack of it!

Unfortunatley they are probably struggling to make ends meet as well, not that it makes me any more sympathetic as almost any job is more worthwhile.

Thats great Exchange! sorry i got a bit confused what DCAs people seen off,Yes RMA are all mouth no action! Yes i could not do that job even if it was the only job being offered to me,I wouldent be able to do that to people thinking that I may be driving people to suicide ,I dont know how these people live with themselves and the few decent people who do mistakenly take on that work soon leave when they realise what job entails.I have seen a few posts from ex call center staff who say theyleft becasue they could not stand that sort of job.There are even ex MBNA staff on these forums changing to our side and blowing the whistle on their ex boss,So you can see what sort comapany they are by the fact that they have quite a few ex employees leave who switch sides and join cag they hate ther ex employer so much!