Me v Barclaycard

nancyspain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So now it's time for you to ignore them and don't let them fluster you.

If someone DOES turn up at your home, follow the advise, politely and firmly. They have no power whatsoever, and they know it. Don't engage in any coversations.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...

Received a letter yesterday from Barclaycard stating what they had sent me my agreement (only ever rec'd photocopies of t&cs)and that as far as they were concerned a/c was not in dispute. Phone call from withheld no to my mobile from Calder Financial:-?. Who are they and is there anything else I should do?

Hi Nancy,

Calders are just another DCA who work for BC.

I see you sent your CCA request in mid March and got T&C's back in response.

Take a look here and see if you fancy making a complaint to the FOS - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/201069-barclaycard-bradley68.html

May be worth the cost of a stamp. :)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Nancy,

Any complaint should be in writing if you want it taken seriously.

• 1 month later...

Just received a text message on my mobile from RMA whoever they are. They wanted me to ring them back or text back and they would get someone to contact me. Feeling rather brave I decided to text back with this reply.

Bugger off ref ............. is in dispute since April. I won't be paying anything til I see a copy of an agreement. DO NOT contact me again I know my rights thanks to CAG.

Did I do the right thing:confused:

Thanks Nancy !! Just had to wipe sprayed tea off my computer screen. :D

Yes, that's right thing to do. Perhaps not QUITE what our template letter says but I'm sure they'll understand what you mean. ;)

RMA are just another DCA used by BC.

Hi Nancyspain

Have Barclayshark ever passed you onto another of their depts called Calders?,I had mercers hasslong me for a long time and like you they set Scottcall on me for a short while but now got Calders which is still Barcalyshark in diguise and seem to be no different from Mercers! The only thing is in a rather pathetic attempt to intimidate people they call themselves Calders Legal services:rolleyes: Wonder if RMA will be set on me next!:eek:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• 1 year later...

Hi Nancy,

Your options are:-

1. Simply ignore, but be aware they may return. Check out the Debt Collectors Library and see my Article about how to handle any home visit.

2. Call the number but withhold your number before calling. If they have your mobile or home number, they'll hound you with calls.

8)

Card left in hall today from credit solutions obviously called to house card has mobile number and name of collector, should I ring him or just leave it, is there any chance they would call to house again?

Keep a camera to hand and photograph any collectors coming to your house. Take a picture of their car licence plate number as well. Tell them to leave your property. they have no legal right to be there and must leave on request.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

I would personally regard photography as an optional extra.

Many folk would feel awkward or nervous about taking pics of the callers or their cars.

The vast majority of doorstep callers leave peacefully when asked and taking pics may cause problems unnecessarily.

The aim is to not engage at all with the callers, so they realise they are not going to get any co-operation, and leave.

8-)

• 4 years later...
I think this account will be SB in a couple of months what should I do now?

Probably best to do nothing for now.

Do you know for sure when you last made a pay't to BC for this a/c.

:-)

• 2 months later...

Hi Nancy,

You need to check for sure when you last made a payment. This is crucial in deciding when the debt is SB'd, or not. Find out and let us know.

You should not respond to the letter for now. There is no obligation for you to do so.

Definitely do NOT call them.

Hi Nancy,

If your last payment was Feb 2009, the a/c should be SB'd around May this year. Maybe a month earlier if the last pay't was Jan 2009.

" .......... how would I get this info?" Do nothing at all. Let them make whatever moves they wish. The more time that passes, the better.

If they decide to take court action, they'll do it unless you acknowledge the debt and offer to make a payment. This, of course, will re-set the SB clock for another 6 years.

Sit tight and do nothing. If they contact you, a CCA request may be the way forward.

Just let us know what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

2 letters received ( I have 2 cards ) 1 from PRA Group stating from 1st March Cabot has appointed them to manage their on going relationship with me & to contact them about payment. The 2nd from CCS Collect to contact them to pay back in installments to suit my financial circumstances.

Hi Nancy,

I would continue to ignore for now ..............