• Tweets

• Hello, welcome to CAG. Thank you for the information. To answer your question, we don't recommend appealing at all. It will be a waste of your time and you could end up outing the driver. Ask any questions that you have but basically you keep an eye on this, keep the correspondence and if MET ever they send a Letter Before Claim/Action. If you get to that stage, we'll suggest being proactive. Best, HB
    • Hi All, Can ii get advice on this PCN received at the services near stansted airport. Picked someone up at night and went to grab coffee and snack in mc Ds, and didnt realise there was zones in this car park, it was late dark and pouring with rain so obvious u see the large 60mins parking free and dont stand around reading everything. My son and his mother were in the back of car still as he was sleeping. Ticket appears to be from CCTV camera   should i appeal, then see what they say (assume it will be rejected) then go to POPLA,   Thanks in advance     1 Date of the infringement 28/4/24 2 Date of issue  30/4/24 (says 14 days from date of letter) 3 Date received 4/5/23 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? pic car and n0 plate 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Not yet Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A 7 Who is the parking company? MET Parking Services 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Southgate Park, Stansted     (parked on starbucks side which was shut) For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. cant see it If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here   No other correspondence     pcn.pdf
    • The 365-day notice account is being offered by saving and investing platform Prosper, in a deal that This is Money has secured exclusively for readers.View the full article
    • If you are confident that citizens advice are going to give you the help you need, then you should stick with them. No point in trying to ride two horses at the same time. It will only lead to confusion and conflicting advice. Also, the people at citizens advice get paid. Everybody on this forum works completely free of charge – no payment – no strings. I hope you get your money back, but for the moment I'm going to close this thread
    • While I agree with getting it done by an authorised dealer in this case, for future reference a stop/start battery for one of these cars are about £120 and anyone with a £40 BMW specific scanner off of Amazon can "register" the battery.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

First plus loan for everest windows and a charging order - can i now Cca?

exasperated
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi 42,

Thanks for those kind words, I have started a new thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/230353-fp-settlement-figure-read.html

I have two problems with the solicitor

1) The timescales involved

2) Don't really know anyone with the required experience who could help.

Absolutely anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated 42

Exasp

Hi 42,

I will spend as much time as it takes, however long, to subtract anything I can within the law from these vultures.

I appreciate yours and anyone else's comments to help me do that.

Sincere thanks for your reply which brought some hope to this devastating reply

Exasp

Try to keep your chin up Exasp, I know it isn't easy - these companies are absolutely disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to get away with this. But, as 42 man says, see what happens with the house sale and either way, you might still get the better of them yet!

Haven't read your whole thread you have linked, but will have a read of it tomorrow anyway.

Best wishes - try not to let them get you down.

Magda

well i think its time for action rather than talking or writing here.

does the judgement on the CCJ say anything about interrest?

if it don't them you have them on that too & can reclaim it along with all the unlawful charges you must have.

if the ccj says nothing about interst then they can only take what is outstanding [not paid yet] from the CCJ [judgement figure]

i think thats correct.

not really my game

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Post,

The full story in brief is that we ordered windows for a house I shared with my wife, we then separated and I moved to another house which I purchased solely and bought further windows. Things changed due to certain matters and we ended up with four agreements for the two loans. That is where the replacement comes in.

This was discussed in a much longer thread which I will supply if you want but I confused myself because I was not aware they had four agreements as it only came to light under further investigation.

Thanks for your interest

Exasp

Here is the replacement agreement with the figures in...

FPCCAAG2NEW.jpg

Hi DX,

Take on board you point that it is time for action, but the reason I post on here is that I am embarrassed to admit that I am uneducated in Consumer law. Therefore I have to post for advice on what to do as getting even with these vultures has taken priority.

Thanks for yor comments

Exasp

Hi Magda,

The agreements are in order with the invoices supplied from Everest. The DN is defective but my problem is that if my house sale goes through the reasons for us to sell are scuppered because these vultures will take a large lump.

It looks like it will have to be that way as I won't have time for a set aside as we are expecting (subject to survey) to exchange this month.

As 42 said I am going to 'hammer' them after.

Thanks for your comments Magda

Exasp

I really think you should get it set aside....and challenge, especially so in the light of the GMAC case...

Hi 42,

I have read all the info you sent and I cannot believe the number of people who have been put in the same situation as me by these companies.

As the old saying goes 'at least Dick Turpin wore a mask'

I would like to investigate further the unfair charges route and subsequent restitutionary damages if any but I must say I really don't know anything about reclaiming them or how it works.

I have some questions for you if you don't mind

• What is the Gmac case
  • What is an unfair relationship test

Here is a copy of the CCJ, you will note that it is a fixed sum so from the information you supplied they won't be getting any more than that Judgement.

CCJ.jpg

Hi Shadow,

Thats how they got the charging order I think that followed but in esscence yes that is correct

Thanks for enquiry

Exasp

Yes of course it is... sorry had my Wurzel thick head on there.

The judgment clearly has no interest mentioned as its a forthwith order and thus wouldnt attract interest, did you have anything regarding the charging order? Was this through the courts or did you agree a voluntary charge?

S.

Hi Shadow,

No I fought it personally but had only been a member of CAG for a few days so went to the hearing under my own steam. I have quoted this before but the first thing out of the judges mouth was 'do you owe this money' to which I replied yes but, no buts he said and granted them the order.

At that time they had supplied me with no paperwork and although that has surfaced since the fact was at that time they should not have allowed it.

It still rings in my ear every day that judges comments:-x

Thanks

Exasp

Hi Shadow,

No I fought it personally but had only been a member of CAG for a few days so went to the hearing under my own steam. I have quoted this before but the first thing out of the judges mouth was 'do you owe this money' to which I replied yes but, no buts he said and granted them the order.

At that time they had supplied me with no paperwork and although that has surfaced since the fact was at that time they should not have allowed it.

It still rings in my ear every day that judges comments:-x

Thanks

Exasp

Ok, do you have the judgment from that charging order hearing as you've posted the original judgment in default from the original trial, just want to see if interest is mentioned on the charger order judgment.

S.

Hi All,

Just spoke to the 'boss' and after a severe bout of tears it appears we are in a proper dilemma as it maybe that the house sale may have to be put on hold. This leaves us in the unbearable position we are in without any escape.

Therefore my question is does anyone know a way of negiotiating a better F&F from these people bearing in mind the timescales involved? thus enabling the sale to go ahead

Whatever is reduced from this F&F via a suggestion from this site, a good portion will be given back to this site to enable others to benefit and hopefully not suffer as we have done (subject to the house sale)

Any posts are sincerely appreciated as usual

Exasp

Edited by exasperated

Hi Exasp, hopefully you will get some other comments as well, but to be honest, if you aren't going ahead with the house sale, you are probably better going for the set aside, depending on how strong a case you have. I can't see why they would agree to a full and final as they have a charge on your property and therefore stand to get back the full amount they want, if not challenged. Don't mean to be doom and gloom, just these companies are not out to do anyone any favours. I think they are usually keener to go for full and final when they know they have an unenforceable agreement and hope to recover something back rather than get nothing at all.

Sorry can't be any more help, I know it must be really difficult at the moment trying to decide what to do next.

Magda