Intrum Justia threats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to jump in here but this concerns Intrum Justicia.

I CCa'd them on behalf of wife, and got reply from Geoffrey Parker Bourne solicitors who she has been paying £1-00/month.

They said that they are in receipt of a letter addressed to I.J and upon instruction will write to you immediatly.

In the meantime, we can confirm that this account is subject to a county court judgement - registered in accordance with your full admission of liability on 5th April 06, blah blah. - My wife has no recognition of ever admitting to this.She went to CAB and they handled this in 2007, and they got the payment from £15-00 down to a pound/month -She insists that the CAB worker said there were no CCJ's against her.

Question:If you have a CCJ and there is a set payment - can this be negotiated down.Also if Intrum Justicia are the DCA, why is a firm of solicitors handling the payments? - Anybody on this one please.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to raise a formal complaint with them. If they fail to answer or sort it out within 8 weeks, then fire off a complaint to the OFT.

Or better still complain to the OFT now, sending them copies of the letters you sent and their replies. From what you have said, it looks obvious they're trying to fob you off with excuses for not complying with a legal request.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

From my dealings with IJ and GPB many years ago, IJ just use GPB's name to put the frighteners on you. If the GPB address is still number 1, some road or other, Stratford- it's a side entrance to the IJ building. Their envelopes and typeface were identical, as were the reference numbers. GPB/IJ also used to send letters with "notice of intention to issue" in tiny tiny type above "warrant of execution" in huge font- naughty naughty.

In my experience, IJ were a bunch of numpties, and GPB were the same with added arrogant- in my case they were scolded by the judge in the judgement paperwork for the way they made claims, and hated being reminded of it, which I did a every opportunity.

Don't fear them, as everyone has said, they think they are all powerful, but they sure ain't!

Good luck

Any advice or opinion given is done so in the spirit of goodwill and assistance, but please note I'm not legally trained or qualified, only hoping to help. My advice or opinion is based on experience in my life, and research from forums such as this and other useful sites.

Please seek professional legal advice if you are in any doubt about what to do next with your personal case.

There are many threads on this forum to help you and I do recommend searching around to see what steps others have taken. You're in good hands with CAG-

buy a ConsumerActionGroup.co.uk email address, and help to keep this forum going!

If you like what I say, feel free to give those scales a tickle :-)

GPB told us that full admission would be sent of ccj, we are still waiting, our letter has 1. Clopton Rd on it and may I say that their letter headers seem to represent a hangmans noose. by the way the letter fromGPB was dated 2nd April 09, why havn't IJ. replied I wonder. theyare getting nothing till they come up with something.

Hi everyone,

Sent off letters to both the bank and Intrum Justia. Had a letter back from Intrum Justia saying they took on my case with good intentions and are currently waiting for a reply from the bank. The bank sent me a letter received today saying I need to send £10. I thought a CPR request didn't cost money?

Intrum Justitia alleged a debt against my girlfriend for ebay fees and I managed to run them ragged - I think their head was coming out of their backside once it was done. Now, your situation will be entirely different because the debt is for considerably more money; however, I would suggest that you are not dealing with the sharpest knives in the draw and that with a bit of tactical play you might get lucky. Keep to writing letters and not speaking to them on the phone and don't panic or be scared by them in anyway. Keep coming back here for help and support and you'll be fine.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

In the meantime, we can confirm that this account is subject to a county court judgement - registered in accordance with your full admission of liability on 5th April 06, blah blah. - My wife has no recognition of ever admitting to this.She went to CAB and they handled this in 2007, and they got the payment from £15-00 down to a pound/month -She insists that the CAB worker said there were no CCJ's against her

Sign up to a free 30 day trial with Equifax credit referencing agency and see yourself whether you or your wife have any CCJ's - you will need an account for each person but this will tell you. Equifax are one of the big three so any court judgements should be reported to them.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

• 2 months later...

Just to update everyone, after repeatedly sending letters to natwest about my bank charges i've heard nothing since the repeat of the original letter but i did get a letter from IJ to say they'd passed the debt back to the original creditor and they would no longer have any correspondence with me. So no more problems with them.