please can someone help me.!!!!!

heidi1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Heidi, Just because the agreement is signed, it does not mean it is enforceable. It has to comply in every aspect with CCA 1974 regs. It may be worth posting the agreement up to see if some of the wizards on here can spot any non compliance.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, heidi.

Ask away ;) if we need to shift it to start a new thread for you, we shall :)

Heidi did ask and her new thread is here......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/187837-heidi1974-barclays.html

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Heidi, I would suggest you scan the agreement in, edit your personal details out and then post it up. The people on here are very knowledgeable about the agreements and can tell you if it complies with the regs or not.

Just need to state when you post it up, when the card was taken out as different years affect which regs are in force now.

PmW

hi all, i have sent all the letters off for my credit agreements, it will be two weeks this thursday. i have only had one letter back with my agreement what stands. i have had another letter back today from next about my agreement but i have sorted that out on another forum, the one i need to no about is i have sent two letters and two postal orders to mercers about two barclay cards, they have only sent me a letter today saying = immediate action needed, we are dealing with your account on behalf of barclaycard. this account is still overdue and we now have no alternative but to pass your account to : A local debt collector who may call at your home to obtain full payment. we would prefer not to take this action and are confident that between us we can resolve this matter. you should make payment: call us, send cheque, call into any branch of barclays. Even at this late stage, we may be able to agree a repayment plan for you - ring us now.

What can i do as none of the other debts have written to me about the agreement either and i only have till thursday to reply to me, where do i go from here.

BUT what do i do as i have not received my other letters from my other debts, they had 14 days to supply an agreement and i have not had anything back at all apart from the ones i said in the above message. they have only got till thursday. what do i do from here. ??

You don't have to do anything just yet, the longer it takes for them to comply to your CCA request the less likely they can provide an enforceable CCA. As for the threat of visiting you, send them this;

Dear XXX

In a direct response to your recent activities / letter, dated xx xxx xxxx, received at this address on xx xxx xxxx. [Delete whichever is not applicable]

I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR ORGANISATION, OR INDEED AN AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE EMPLOYED BY ANY ORGANISATION THAT YOU ISSUE INSTRUCTIONS TO.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.)

THEREFORE TAKE NOTE THAT I REVOKE LICENSE UNDER COMMON LAW FOR YOU, OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TO VISIT ME AT MY PROPERTY AND IF YOU DO SO, THEN YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES FOR A TORT OF TRESSPASS AND ACTION WILL BE TAKEN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO , POLICE ATTENDANCE.

I also caution you here that should you ignore my request on this point, the actions of your representative(s) will happily be recordedeither by CCTV or by telephone recording equipment – whichever is applicable. Accordingly I reserve the right to use any evidence of you or your representatives’ ignoring this request in connection with any actions that I choose to pursue, including media exposure.

Should it be your intention to disregard my wishes, and break your obligations, please be advised that the following rules also apply, as laid down by the OFT in respect of debt collection, and that you, as a holder of a consumer credit license, are obliged to follow:

The areas of the OFT guidance which applies to you in this instance are:

Debt collection visits

2.12 Examples of unfair practices are:

a. not making the purpose of any proposed visit clear, for example, merely stating that collectors or field agents will call is not sufficient

f. visiting or threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the debt is deadlocked or disputed

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

I do believe this makes my position clear and unambiguous.

Yours Faithfully

hi all, Good news i think, i have just received a letter from barclays bank, i asked them for my agreement that had a ccj, they sent me a letter to day saying,

Thank you for your request for a copy of a credit agreement and financial statement. our systems show that there is no sum payable under the credit agreement and therefore there is no requirement for us to comply with your request.

i have just canceled the direct debit now, im just waiting to see if they write to me again asking for payment. can they do this after they have sent me this letter.

:)

Hi, heidi.

Had a DCA bought the debt ?

Regards.

Scott.

Oh !!! Sounds very good then :D Well done ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Don't think so, keep that letter, they have said there is a 0 balance, so how they can come back to you and ask for any money is beyond me.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi Heidi :)

You say that you had been paying Barclays direct for this - the one saying there is no sum payable? Or had you been paying them through Debtfreeme?

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

hi, no i was paying barclays by direct debt every month, this is what i cannot understand. i have checked the ref and it was the write one i wrote down. i could not pay it to debt free me because it was a ccj.

hi, no i was paying barclays by direct debt every month, this is what i cannot understand. i have checked the ref and it was the write one i wrote down. i could not pay it to debt free me because it was a ccj.

Then I would have thought they would send you something more substantial than a letter suggesting it doesn't exist and that therefore they don't need to send you anything:confused:

I also think it sounds like good news, but very strange. I know Barclays do send odd letters (I've had them), but all the same. It might not matter to them but you've had a CCJ for this, so it matters a lot to you.

hi all, Good news i think, i have just received a letter from barclays bank, i asked them for my agreement that had a ccj, they sent me a letter to day saying,

Thank you for your request for a copy of a credit agreement and financial statement. our systems show that there is no sum payable under the credit agreement and therefore there is no requirement for us to comply with your request.

i have just canceled the direct debit now, im just waiting to see if they write to me again asking for payment. can they do this after they have sent me this letter.

:)

This is what is bothering me. How can they not have a financial statement to send you?

ok thank you for your advice, i will keep all letters, im just going to see if i have any letters from them now since i have canceled the direct debt payment, then i can go from there. at least i have a letter from them saying there is no balance on this ref.

thank you ever so much for your help.

When was the CCJ granted against you?

How much was the CCJ for and how much have you paid towards it?

You need to be very careful about cancelling your DD when you have entered into a time to pay order.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i will have a look, i had to cancel it because im changing banks. good way to see if they send me a letter about it. i have just found my court letter = it says the (1) interim charging order hearing on the 24 july 2007 be vacated. (2) the interim charging order herein date 19th april 2007 be discharged. the amount was for 13,243.00. i pay £15.50 a month. iv payed about £310.00 since the ccj.