Urgent Help £350 for 2months!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have rented a property for 2months.

We have no rental agreement however for some reason or other the gas is in my name? the landlord must have done this

We got a bill for £350 however I have not signed anything AT ALL! even a rental agreement and we move out next month

What are our standings on this?

Well it's not really utility related but in my experience landlords will do almost anything to avoid refunding a deposit :(

The only time I ever managed to get one back was by advising the swine that I had just changed jobs and had to work a month in hand but would give him two months rent the following month.

I then moved out towards the end of that month and wrote to him to say he could keep the deposit in lieu of the last months rent.

Check everything.

Is your meter reading in cubuc meters or cubic feet - usually 100s of cubic feet.

Check the meter number on your bill and the meter - you may be paying for someone else's gas.

Check the period of supply. Make sure you are not paying some of the previous tenant's bill.

Check both the start and end readings on your bill. If any are estimates make sure you send the utility the correct readings (if that is to your advantage!!)

Check the arithmetic on the bill. Understand and check the conversion factor (Volume used to KWH)

You have a deemed contract with the utility as soon as you move in and use gas.

If you are happy (wrong word!) that the bill is correct then pay it otherwise dispute in writing.

When you leave make sure you read the meter and communicate this to the utility.