• Tweets

• next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
    • Hi,   I am not sure if I posted this already here but I don't think I did. I attach a judgement that raises very interesting points IMO. Essentially EVRi did their usual non attendance that we normally see, however the judge (for the first time I've seen in these threads) dismissed the notice and awarded me judgement by default because their notice misses the "confirmation of compliance" paragraph. in and out in 3 minutes (aside from the chat at the end with the judge about his problems with evri) Redacted - evri CPR loss.pdf
    • Just to update this. I did apply to strikeout and they did not attend the hearing. I won by defualt and the hearing lasted 5 minutes (court only allocated 15). The judge simply explained that the only matter he was really considering is if the Defendant could have any oral evidence to defend the claim. However he said he had decided that based on their defence, and their misunderstanding of law, and their non attendence he did not think they had any reasonsable chance so he awarded me SJ + Costs on the claim form + the strikeout fee. Luckily when I sent the defendant the order I woke up the next day to a wire trasnfer for the full sum of the judgement
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

OHs CAP ONEcard - Can i complain re no cca response/acknowledgement?

mysticpols06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The second sheet headed credit agreement has info all about using data for credit searches etc. The second sheet has info headed 'these terms are taken from clauses 8, 16 & 23 of the terms and conditions that you sign with us' but it doesn't seem to have everything i was under the impression that it should if that makes any sense -

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mystic, does it say anything on the signature page referring to the second page, such as t&c's and conditions of use overleaf, something along those lines? The first page (signature doc) obviously doesn't have the prescribed terms, but it is whether or not the two were connected in some way, i.e., page two was on the reverse of page one, which seems unlikely as it was an 'application/agreement' that was sealed and returned in the post by the look of it. Magda

"does it say anything on the signature page referring to the second page, such as t&c's and conditions of use overleaf"

Hi Magda - Thanks for posting. Only thing like that refers to use of info - please see below hunny! Have just re-read the forms and they def look like application more than agreement. Page one states: "Please issue to me a cap one cr card & pin. I confirm that all the info i have given is correct & true. I understand that this info will be checked with fraud prev' agencies blah blah...I authorise cap one to search the files of any cred ref agency for my application & to help you manage my acc. The cred ref agencies will record details of cap one search & your application blah blah may already be linked to records relating to one or more peeps with whom you have financial association. We may also add to your record with cr ref ag' how you conduct your cap one acc (incl defaults). Blah blah (all regarding search/cred ref agency record.

"I have read the T & C's setting out the agreement with cap one and, if my application is accepted, i agree to be bound by these T & C's, as amended from time to time. I am over 18 yrs of age.

"Credit scoring. blah blah.

"Your info & marketing. Important: Please read "use of information" overleaf (section23 of the agreement) which sets out how your info will be used. By signing this application you agree that info about you may be used like this regardless of whether your application is accepted blah blah.

Page 2 states: "These terms are taken from clauses 8, 10 & 23 of the T & C's that you sign with us". & has 3 sections. "1) Monthly statement 2) Financial & related particulars ("we will set and notify you of the cr limit of your acc etc etc blah blah & 3)Use of information."

The ref number of the acc has been handwritten at the top of page one with Links ref & on the side the date of 27/04/2009 with a ref (presumably when the paperwork was found & passed on??) dunno - def not sure on this one - sorry not much more help with explaining it any clearer hun. Thanks again - am just trying to work out what to send em next! Mpols x

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

"does it say anything on the signature page referring to the second page, such as t&c's and conditions of use overleaf"

Hi Magda - Thanks for posting. Only thing like that refers to use of info - please see below hunny! Have just re-read the forms and they def look like application more than agreement. Page one states: "Please issue to me a cap one cr card & pin. I confirm that all the info i have given is correct & true. I understand that this info will be checked with fraud prev' agencies blah blah...I authorise cap one to search the files of any cred ref agency for my application & to help you manage my acc. The cred ref agencies will record details of cap one search & your application blah blah may already be linked to records relating to one or more peeps with whom you have financial association. We may also add to your record with cr ref ag' how you conduct your cap one acc (incl defaults). Blah blah (all regarding search/cred ref agency record.

"I have read the T & C's setting out the agreement with cap one and, if my application is accepted, i agree to be bound by these T & C's, as amended from time to time. I am over 18 yrs of age.

"Credit scoring. blah blah.

"Your info & marketing. Important: Please read "use of information" overleaf (section23 of the agreement) which sets out how your info will be used. By signing this application you agree that info about you may be used like this regardless of whether your application is accepted blah blah.

Page 2 states: "These terms are taken from clauses 8, 10 & 23 of the T & C's that you sign with us". & has 3 sections. "1) Monthly statement 2) Financial & related particulars ("we will set and notify you of the cr limit of your acc etc etc blah blah & 3)Use of information."

The ref number of the acc has been handwritten at the top of page one with Links ref & on the side the date of 27/04/2009 with a ref (presumably when the paperwork was found & passed on??) dunno - def not sure on this one - sorry not much more help with explaining it any clearer hun. Thanks again - am just trying to work out what to send em next! Mpols x

Hi Mystic, I would say that isn't enforceable then, because the prescribed terms don't seem to have been within the signature document, and it's whether they can prove they were, which is doubtful. It's also good to get other opinions on this as well, and would be a good idea to post the forms up on the main Agreement thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/33174-consumer-credit-act-agreements.html?highlight=magda and see what others make of it. The next step then is usually to send a letter stating that the account is in dispute. Good luck with this, I have my own battles with Link and I know exactly what they are like. Magda

Thanks sincerely for your comments hun - will do! good luck. Mpols x

Hi everyone, I really need your help!

Two years ago Lowell's Red and Hamptons (who are all the same company) started sending letters regarding two Capital One accounts I have, both of which were paid in full by the insurance when I fell ill. Capital One claim they have not been paid. Axa claim they have.

Anyway to cut a very long saga short.... I wrote to lowells asking for Subject Access Request on both accounts. They sent me a copy of everything except the credit agreemeent.

I have now had a letter from Lowells stating

"We refer to your recent request for a copy of the original credit agreement for this account.

After liasing with Capital One in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that it is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened by you.

At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment against this account unless a copy of the agreement is received at some point in the future from Capital One.

If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact us on 0113 308 6044."

My question is....what do I do now, these two debts are sat on my credit reference file and they won't remove them.

Is there any course of action I can take at all?

Many thanks for reading my rambling, but this has been going on for 2 years.

Hi Inline10

You will get responses to your query if you start your own thread in the appropriate area.

If you received 'everything' back with your SAR,then you will have your statements showing the payments that the insurance company made every month which will prove that the account was paid,will they not?

Hi Mystic,

'Agreement' is too small to read but doesn't appear to be compliant with the requirements of having the prescribed terms embodied in the document.

Link write to say that they will close their file in 8 weeks if they do not hear from you----which file?

Have you any unlawful charges on this account that you can reclaim?

Are Link now the owners of this account or just working on behalf of Cap 1?

Hi Mpols,

I'm in agreement with Middenmess.

The essential T's & C's have to be within the 4 corners of the agreement although I have been informed that it doesn't have to be on the signature page.

E.G (my thoughts) you could have a couple of pages. page 1 has the terms and page 2 has the sigs but there has to be a clear link between the two and I don't think yours has. I could be wrong so don't take this as gospel.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi everyone, I really need your help!

Two years ago Lowell's Red and Hamptons (who are all the same company) started sending letters regarding two Capital One accounts I have, both of which were paid in full by the insurance when I fell ill. Capital One claim they have not been paid. Axa claim they have.

Anyway to cut a very long saga short.... I wrote to lowells asking for Subject Access Request on both accounts. They sent me a copy of everything except the credit agreemeent.

I have now had a letter from Lowells stating

"We refer to your recent request for a copy of the original credit agreement for this account.

After liasing with Capital One in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that it is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened by you.

At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment against this account unless a copy of the agreement is received at some point in the future from Capital One.

If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact us on 0113 308 6044."

My question is....what do I do now, these two debts are sat on my credit reference file and they won't remove them.

Is there any course of action I can take at all?

Many thanks for reading my rambling, but this has been going on for 2 years.

Hi Online 10,

As advised, you should start your own thread but as you're here:)

This is the bye bye letter from the Leeds losers but don't be surprised if they sell this debt on. If they do we can deal with the new DCA quite easily.

Your defaults are another matter. They won't willingly remove them. If they have no agreement, they don't have your permission to mark your credit file but it doesn't stop them.

The only way I have seen so far is to take them to court to get them to remove the defaults.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks sincerely for your comments hun - will do! good luck. Mpols x

Hi Mystic,

The prescribed terms need to be within the 4 corners of the signature document. That is face and reverse of the same sheet. (one sheet of paper)

The prescribed terms appear to be there on the second sheet.

1. Interest rate, not the APR

2. Amount of repayments.

3. Amount of credit, or a reference to it. They usually say that your credit limit will be notified to you. I am not convinced on this point, that notification is acceptable. The CCA1974 actually says ammount of credit. My thoughts, for what they are worth, is that they should put the initial limit on the agreement.

Lastly is the cancellation rights. This although not a prescribed term, could leave the agreement unexecuted.

I would be inclined to go back to link with something like this, edited to your own dates:

Dear Sirs,

Account Number: XXX

Re; your recent reply to my request under section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

I note that you have replied to the above by sending a copy of your companies current Terms and conditions I must inform you that this is not sufficient to comply with the request and that your company is still in default under the act.

To clarify, just sending the signature page of an alleged agreement with unrelated Terms and Conditions is a breach of the Act and Regulations as, apart from the information that the Regulations provide that you may exclude, the copy must be a "true copy" of the agreement.

In relation to what constitutes a “true copy”, please read the details below. In a recent letter from the enforcement department of the OFT, the text below was quoted, explaining what is required.

“The copy of the executed agreement need not be an exact copy but it must be a ‘true copy’ and not some reconstruction of what the original might have been and it must contain the same terms as the original. Where the terms have been varied as provided for within the agreement, the copy of the original agreement must be accompanied by a document setting out the current terms, as varied. Certain details may be omitted from the original agreement eg the signature but the debtor must be in no doubt as to the true nature of his obligations under the loan.

Should no original agreement be in existence it is very hard to say that the copy the creditor offers to the debtor is, in fact, a true copy as there would be no original with which to compare it. In our view the onus of proof would be on the creditor to show that the copy is a true one and where none existed he may have difficulty discharging this. Neither should creditors suggest that a consumer has signed a credit agreement where they are unable to provide evidence to support this — to do so is likely to be a misleading action under Regulation 5 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (the CPRs) and would also constitute an unfair or improper business practice.”

This breach of the agreement by yourselves, can be demonstrated as follows:

As you will know section 180(1) (b) authorises, "the omission from a copy of certain material from the original, or the inclusion of certain material in condensed form." This refers to statutory instruments made under the heading Copies of document regulations and in this care in particular to SI 1983/1557.

Before leaving section 180 there are two other sections that should be remembered these are:

Section 2(2) (a) A duty imposed by any provision of this Act (except section 35) to supply a copy of any document is not satisfied unless the copy supplied is in the prescribed form and conforms to the prescribed requirements;

And more importantly

Section 2(b) A duty imposed by any provision of this Act (except section 35) to supply a copy of any document is not infringed by the omission of any material, or its inclusion in condensed form, if that is authorised by regulations.

You will see that this quite clearly states that whilst certain items may be left out of the copy document the rest of the document must be in the form and contain all items as prescribed by the regulations.

Turning to further regulations regarding what may be omitted from these copies, these are contained with SI 1983/1557.

The regulations state:

(2) There may be omitted from any such copy-

(a) any information included in an executed agreement, security instrument or other document relating to the debtor, hirer or surety or included for the use of the creditor or owner only which is not required to be included therein by the Act or any Regulations thereunder as to the form and content of the document of which it is a copy;

(b) any signature box, signature or date of signature (other than, in the case of a copy of a cancellable executed agreement delivered to the debtor under section 63(1) of the Act, the date of signature by the debtor of an agreement to which section 68(b) of the Act applies);

It is quite clear what can be omitted from the copy document, this again asserts that all other details of the agreement should presented in form and content as required by the regulations.

The requirements of the Agreement regulations 1983/1553 are very explicit in describing the form and content of an agreement and this as I have demonstrated also applies to the copy of any such agreement with the above mentioned proviso.

Nowhere within these regulations does it state that part of the agreement can be presented on a separate document headed terms and conditions.

It does state that all terms and conditions should be within the agreement document and is explicit of the form in which it is presented.

I hope this explains why your reply was unacceptable. I await a “True copy” of my agreement and would remind you again that, whilst the request has not been complied with, the default continues.

Below are the relevant main points of the Law and OFT regulations while the account is in dispute and you remain in default.

• You may not ask for payment against this account.
  • I am not obliged to offer any payment against this account.
  • You may not add further interest or any charges to the account
  • You cannot register any data with a third party.
  • You cannot take any enforcement action, including registering Defaults.
  • You cannot pass the account on to a third party for collection.
  • You cannot sell the account.

I am now granting to you a further 7 days to produce a true copy of any executable agreement. After that I will consider that the above matter is closed and that you will no longer pursue the alleged debt. If you are insisting that the non enforceable reconstructed Application form with added Terms and Conditions that you have supplied, is the only alleged agreement in your possession, then I would suggest that the best course of action would be to immediately set the balance of the above account number to zero.

Yours faithfully

Hi Inline10

You will get responses to your query if you start your own thread in the appropriate area.

If you received 'everything' back with your SAR,then you will have your statements showing the payments that the insurance company made every month which will prove that the account was paid,will they not?

Hi, Thanks for the reply, I have started a new thread.

THe statements have the year of my illness missing!

What a hoot!

Have Link Financial really bought this LEMON from CapOne?

AC

They don't seem to check. A game of numbers.

What's happened to the account status? All seem to have dropped. My e mail notifications seem to be about 6 hours behind.

Vint

Evening everyone - THANKYOU sooo much for your prompt advice - will go through it all properly later this evening if poss or asap tommorrow as can't stay online tonight due to littl'un being poorly (she has idiopathic anaphylaxis & seems to randomly get ill - unfortunately she can get VERY ill very quickly sometimes so when she not 100% we have to watch her like a hawk!) - Sorry can't answer your q

(oops- pressed wrong button lol) cant answer your queries straight away but bear with me and i will asap - i very much appreciate your help all of you - these are the main company i'm not looking forward to dealing with so much. Take care & thanks again, bye for now, Mpols x

Morning peeps (& what a lovely sunny morning it is!) Sorry took so long to reply but babe was poorly.

Ok, Have gone though the paperwork quickly & noted the following with regards your questions:

22/08/08 - (cap one) "Notice of default" - "Because you have entered in to a long term repayment plan. If you cancel the plan in 28 days the default will be cancelled and you will have to make at least the min payments due under agreement plus any costs incurred & overdue balance outstanding plus any ppi will continue until date acc is terminated but no refund given (28 days from date of this letter). If don't cancel repayment plan then acc terminated & full balance outstanding to paid immediately plus any costs, cred ref agencies to be notified, & acc to be placed/sold to dca"

Ok, i don't know if that is a true default notice but is the only thing like that which was received. Reading it back now (that i am not having mass panic & anxiety over all the debt before found cag) its very contradictory! Seems like damned if you do and damned if you dont. It's like "Hmmm, we get in to trouble through no fault of our own, we instantly contact creditors etc to explain situ & arrange lower payments rather than none at all, then get bombarded with confusing letters saying ok peeps you CAN pay us less while we lull you into a false sense of security, but we will terminate your acc & make you out to be irresponsible wont pay eejits regardless, or you dont pay at all & we damn you to hell either, way you are the lowest of the low cos you owe us cash and we will make your life hell for eternity!"

(something like that hahahah)

Anyway. Thats the default sorted.

With regard the noa we had letter dated 16/02/09 stating:" Link is the current owner of the outstanding balance owed to you re cap one acc" with a letter from Cap one stating" I am writing to inform you that cap one sold your acc to link on 19/12.08".

We didnt get anything else until a postcard from link "urging" us to ring Helen on their number (which we didn't) and then the phone calls started and this thread began.

Hope this helps and thankyou sooo much again. Have already complained to oft and mp about these and now that we have their "Final response (prev' post) we will complain to some others. Thanks for letter draft overleaf. Will edit & get something ready to go tue (might pinch it for similar problems with Cabot!) Will post for comments when drafted.

Thanks again & take care, Mpols x

Oh My God!

Link Financial really did buy the LEMON...or, so they claim?

Now, I wonder what sort of assignment this is;

equitable or, absolute? Methinks, probably the former.

I would be asking Link for documentary evidence showing that they are legally entitled to pursue the alleged debt and that it was legally assigned.

If you have not made a SAR to CapOne, I would suggest that you make one now;

a FULL SAR.

AC

Hi Ac, thanks - i know how to sar cap one and was planning to get that done tue but do i need to pay a fee for what you suggested i ask for from link please? Haven't seen many of those type letters/templates so far. Daft eh! Dunno if any charges etc that shouldnt be there but will find out soon i guess. Is it right that i should sar cap one tho instead of link if link now app own it? Or will i have to sar them as well afterwards? I know from what i have seen from other threads that it is well worth the cash but sorry to say am not really in a position to keep paying tenners at the moment unfortunately. I will have a look at templates see what i can find, cheers luv! Mpols x

PS. What do you mean by equitable or absolute assignment please? All link keep banging on about is how the acc is apparently a "chose in action" or something.

Thanks again. xx

Edited by mysticpols06
Needed to add ps :-)