WESCOT-NELSON gUEST & PARTNER SOLICITORS

maddog69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Got a debt 2years old approx with virgin media for £197.32, they have passed it onto wescot who wheni phoned to arrange repayment would not accept my offer of £10 per month.Thy told me i would have to pay 32.87 per month and they would not accept any less. i could not afford this so didnt pay it. I got a confirmation of your agreement to pay back in november, then i received a notice of payment default in december, then in january i get a final notice red letter telling me that if i did not pay the full balance within 14 days a claim form/summons may be lodged.

Now I have received a letter from Nelson Guest & Partners telling me they are instructed by wescot and unless payment is received within 7 days legal proceedings for the recovery thereof may be commenced without further notice.

Can anyone advise me what to do please????:mad:

I take it you are not disputing the debt. You cannot pay more than you can afford. I would call their bluff and write to Nelson Guest saying that you offered Wescot £10 per month and this wasn't acceptable to them. Tell them that you will offer the same in court, which will be acceptable to any judge, and the court won't be happy at Wescot wasting its time.

Hi

Wescot should not refuse a reasonable offer of repayment, and a court will only set payments at a rate you can afford, so i would advise Nelson, Guest & Partners the same, they know the law as much as we do!!!

VOLVO

What is th reply address on the letter? Is it Westcot hq in Hull or Nelson, Guest & Partners in Sidcup.

If its Hull write to the solicitors at their address address in Kent, address it to the senior partner and ask him if he is aware of the drivel being spouted by Westcot in his reputable firm's name. Tell him that any complaint you may make to the OFT, Trading Standards etc about Wescot's behaviour in refusing a reasonable offer will include themselves. You may even drop a note to the Solicitors Regulators about their abtics.

As previous posters have said Nelson Guest are a firm who allow disreputable people like Westcot to use their notepaper to send out their threatomatics. In theory each letter sent out on behalf of Nelson Guest is supposed to be seen by a real solicitor but never is.

If you are sure you actually owe this debt I would revise your offer downwards to £5 per month.

Hi maddog69 , I bet that if you read the small print on the bottom or back of the solicitors letter it states words to the effect of - dont contact us regarding this matter ,contact Wescot as well - as we are not liable for whats been stated within this letter. Mine said as much and was filed away ,Nelson guest and partners never contacted me again , its just another of wescots intimidating threats to grab as much as they can from you.

sleepingdog

Just a thought : this might be one of those letters that creditors can have printed for a fee of a few pounds. This is done through the solicitor's website and the printing and posting of the letter is entirely automated. No-one at the solicitor's office is even aware that the letter has been issued.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Just a thought : this might be one of those letters that creditors can have printed for a fee of a few pounds. This is done through the solicitor's website and the printing and posting of the letter is entirely automated. No-one at the solicitor's office is even aware that the letter has been issued.

My thoughts exactly Palomino when I received my letter.

sleepingdog

Hi all,

Thanks for that little lot of information....i will be sending a letter 1st class tomorrow...and yes it has the disclaimer on the back asking not to contact Nelson Guest. Do you guys think i should send a copy to both??