Bank of Scotland/Direct Line Insurance.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!!.To avoid confusion,I am Bernard,husband of bownesslass,hence my use of this site,but this thread is personal to me.

For over 20 years I was a customer of Bank of Scotland,at a branch in the south of Scotland,although I do live in England..........This thread concerns charges by BoS,and Direct line car insurance.

When my Veh insurance became due,I informed direct line that I may not use them on this occasion,and instructed them NOT to access my account at BoS,as there was insufficient funds to cover the premium that they had quoted.

I think you know where this is going!! within a few weeks I received a letter from BoS stating that I was overdrawn and charged me £28 00 pound for the privilage plus "administration costs" the total of which amounted to £68 00.

Now this may be seen as a trivual amount,but there is a principal involved. Despite being told to the contrary by me Direct line had accessed my acount,and BoS had paid out,regardless of there being no funds to cover the amount.

It goes without saying that this did not endear me to either Direct line or Bank of Scotland

On return from holiday I immediately bent the ear of Direct line,asking for an explanation,and did consequently,receive many humble apolagies,and a full refund for the amounts the had taken,so fair play to them.

However Bank of Scotland were a different matter,in short they could,nt care less.

This occured in 2006, and the question is........Could I still try to recover these charges,and what are the chances of success.

BoS also done me on PPI for a loan I once took out,and,once again came up with all the usual excuses when I made a claim.

Needless to say good people,I no longer deal with any of the two companies above mentioned.

..........Kind Regards.....Bernard de 73s.:mad:

Hi, Bernard.

Yes, if I were you I'd reclaim the charges, like everyone else, your claim will more than likely get 'stayed', but you never know, they may make you an offer.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

Have a look at the step-by-step..............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

If you need a hand with anything, just shout.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert