Student Loans.

semanab
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if the Student Loans Company comes under the heading of collections agencies? My debt went to Capquest but I ignored the letters and now has gone back to the student loans company who have now contacted me. I got the loans out between 1993-1997. Can they still chase me for the money?

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if the Student Loans Company comes under the heading of collections agencies? My debt went to Capquest but I ignored the letters and now has gone back to the student loans company who have now contacted me. I got the loans out between 1993-1997. Can they still chase me for the money?

i don't know if student loans are the same in England as in Scotland so didn't want to comment but a couples of threads my help you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dealing-debt-scotland/116907-help-student-loans-company.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dealing-debt-scotland/148123-do-slc-sell-debts.html

Ida x

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I have not paid a penny, but I did get a letter from SLC before xmas and called them to sort it out, they said my debt was with capquest so I call them and was told that it was not with them anymore but back with SLC, So I called SLC back (what a pallaver!) and the man said he would look into it and call me back, I have not heard from them since. But I have been getting many calls from someone who is withholding ID, I gave SLC my mobile number, it might be them but I'm ignoring them they should just write to me. As I have called them to discuss does this mean by case is not Statute Barred, I have not filled out forms or anything to offically say its my debt.

NO....you have not acknowledged the debt if there is a 6 year gap ANYWHERE in the lfie of the debt where you have neither paid or acknowledged then it will be STATUTE BARRED send the letter I recommended in the link.....once you state you will NOT be paying towards a debt that is statute barred, they can NOT continue to call/harrass you otherwise you can slap them in court....

What happens if you've filled in a form each year for deferment of payment of the loan. The form asks you to fill in your income details and have these confirmed eg tax credit letters. Does this count as acknowledging the debt?