• Tweets

• Hi Sorry for uploading them wrong. Im not technical at all and self taught so bear with me as im trying my best. Thank you for all the info regarding the signs, this was my thoughts as well. Yes they have changed teh signs since this happened Ill ahve to have a look back through and see if when I took the pictures they were already the new ones or I have the old ones. I cant remember off hand. With regards to Europarks running the site now, Just to make you aware there is another small retail park just across the road and Im sure they are Europarks. The shops within that park are just Aldi and B & M. The site that we received the NTK has a few more shops, Home bargains, The food Warehouse, M & S food and a few others. I put these for identififcation purposes just in case it is the other site that you were looking at. The main entrance sign is on the bend on the left as you drive in the entrance so when you drive in from the right and turn in you can see it in front of you but if you drive in from the other way as we do then you dont see it unless you know its there and as you say you would have to stop to read it al anywayl. The main thing that always jumped out at us was FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in large letters. Please find the notice of hearing date attached and an offer letter I received from the vultures DCBLegal this morning,    notice of allocation group nexus.pdf vulture offer letter re group nexus.pdf
    • Good Afternoon Stu,  Many thanks for your reply. I will do as you suggest and email them for the exact terms. I shall have a look through the Tenancy Agreement too  myself  
    • You need a back up plan. If you believe that redundancy is very likely, start looking at other employment options.  Don't leave it until you have been made redundant before looking for new employment. I regularly speak to people who have been made redundant and about mental health. Those who have a positive plan, get into employment quickly following redundancy and manage to maintain their finances. Those who don't have a plan, decide to accept redundancy and a period of unemployment. They end up in a downward spiral, with redundancy money spent, debts accumulated, mental health decline and difficulty finding new employment.  
    • Interested observer here as I'm in a similar situation. People become conditioned into seeking and maintaining a perfect credit score/file, but if your situation is that you're unlikely to obtain further credit for the foreseeable future anyway due to your other outstanding debts, then tanking your credit file now won't make a difference other than you've took back control of your finances.
    • Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their help in this matter. Since my last post I have received a reply from Plymouth Council Insurance Team concerning my wife’s accident (please see enclosed letter and photo of the offending Badminton post) which they deny any responsibility for the said accident. I feel that the Council is in breach of their statutory duties under the following acts: The Leisure Centre was negligent in its duty of care and therefore, in breach of the statutory duty owed under section 2 of the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (the Act) to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all their employees, and others who might be affected by its undertaking, e.g. members of the public visiting the Leisure Centre to use the facilities. The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 that requires employers to assess risks (including slip and trip risks) and, where necessary, take action to address them. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) require the risk to people’s health and safety from equipment that is used at a Leisure Centre be prevented or controlled. I would like some advice to see if my assumptions are correct and my approach to obtaining satisfactory outcome to this matter are accurate. Many thanks   PLM23000150 - Copy Correspondence.pdf post docx.docx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Marlin/Pheonix issued CCJ but no CCA provided

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, please help if you can

Just recieved a ccj from said company for a debt from1997. It was first direct, and we have sent relevent CCa request and £1 fee back in 2007 but still no CCa sent to us. I have warned Marlin about the account being in default but they have chose to ignore this and gone for CCJ which has been increased by another £3K!!!!!!!

We fully intend to fight this but we need sdome help as to what to do next. They are not going to win, not when they cannot prove the debt.....

Please help

reallyfedupwithdebt!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi thanx for reply, when you say "not given the opportunity to defend this" do you mean at court?? We only recieved the summons today, even though they know its in dispute (the account). They are saying its for an overdraft we had in 1997 but its not, and I have proof its not, also they have added nearly £4K on as interest. Do we just fill in the form to dispute the whole thing on these grounds??

I have been through this nightmare with charge over house because of husbands bankruptcy, all over now thank god. But can tell you from experience this was one of the worst moments of my life. If only I had found this site sooner maybe I would have got some proper advice.

My advice to you is do everything possible to fight and get as much info as you can, prepare your case as strong as possible, be prepared, because these ppl can be as corrupt as they can to get money off you. But you are in an excellent place and I am sure you will be victorious.

My husbands debt was for £6,000.00 we ended up paying £46,000.00 to save our house being sold by official receiver.

So you fight and keep strong a mans castle is his home and don't let the enemy attack prepare for war.

I wish you the best xxxxxxxx

• Haha 1

wow frettful, I cant beklieve you had to pay that much back!!!! This "alledged" debt was around £4K, now they want £7500 on CCJ. I havw also been through other stuff, and have had charging order before, so i know how it works....thats why this time we are going all the way, and if I need a solicitor then I will get one, it will be worth it.

Hi, it says that we had a current account with HSBC, (IN 1997,it was a subsiduary of theirs, not HSBC) and that we had taken £4K overdraft,(not true) withdrawn the funds(not true) and then HSBC terminated account and that Marlin/Pheonix took over the debt in 2007. Therefore they claim the £4K "overdraft" plus interest....total £7500.

I think the banks are trying to get as much as money out of ppl to save themselves from sinking, whether they are true debts or not, fair enough for those who do owe but for those who don't that's really taking the ****.

Gather all your info and proof and sue them for harassment, say about £1,000000000000000000000000000000000000.00 just a thought hey ;)

Keep posted with your case I shall be interested to know what happens,

I did warn them that the debt was in dispute as I have proof that I requested a copy of the CCA and they ( the previous collectors) sent us the £1 fee back. I know what the debt is for and I have proof, so lets just say I'm not surprised they say its an overdraft when its clearly not....cos they cannot produce a valid CCA

Hi, and welcome,

First off your thread title is a bit misleading, as you plainly do not have a ccj YET.

If you want help with this you need to post up the "Particulars of Claim", dont post anything that could identify you.

You say this is not an overdraft, what do you think it is?

What date is on the claim form?

Who is the claimant, as printed on the claim form?

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi sorry if its a bit misleading, my brains fried!!!!!!!!:mad:

Ok, we have had a claim form today from a County court dated yesterday, saying that Pheonix are claiming the sum of £7500, £4K of it for an overdraft from 1997, and the remainder is interest they have added.

We have 14 days to respond.

Its a personal loan not an overdraft. I have proof of that.

Once again sorry for confusion :(

OK, sorry

It says:-

An agreement was made in writing between HSBC and us dated 01/09/1997 where HSBC agreed to provide us with a current account facility upon the terms and conditions applied with in the agreement.The defendent has withdrawn monies from the said account such that the overdrawn balance exceeds the limit and has remained in such a position dispite requests by HSBC to remedy this. The agreement was terminated by HSBC. it was assigned to the claiment on 05/10/2007

It then goes into detail as to the amount claimed.

Ok, they are saying the debt has arisen entirely from a current account overdraft..you are disputing that?

Did you have an overdrawn account?

The POC doesnt mention a loan facility.

Who are the solicitors acting, is it restons?

Just trying to get the basic facts.

Have you ever had a "Notice of assignment" from both HSBC and Pheonix?

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Mortimer clark are the solicitors. yes we are disputing that. I have proof of what it is, and its not an over draft. They are sayiong this because they are in default of my cca request in 2007 and they dont have anything to back up what they are claiming. We did get a letter from HSBC saying it had been sold on in 2007. We had been paying an amount each month off this debt untill I asked for a CCA and they defaulted, since then I have withheld payment and it got sold on. Nothing from Pheonix though.

Just to add I have proof of us paying etc

Ok you need to acknowledge service online you can do this using the password on the front of the claim, make sure you tick you are defending all of the claim.

You will then have 33 days from the date on the claim to file your defence, this should be done about 4 days from the end of it.

Meanwhile you need to write to the solicitors acting, with the following letter. Send by recorded and keep the receipt.

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT

In the Northampton County Court

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -v-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Claim Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION CPR 18

I have received a recent court claim from your organisation. In order to file a defence and counter claim I require some information. Given that this matter is now the subject of legal proceedings, you are obliged to disclose under the Civil Procedure Rules, the information and documents detailed below.

The information must be furnished within fourteen days of the receipt of this letter. If you fail to comply, this will be reported to the Court, a copy of this letter will be provided as evidence to the same and an Order enforcing your compliance will be sought.

1. A true copy of the executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

1.1 If copies of any of the above documents are to be relied on in court rather than originals, a copy of the Notice of proposal to adduce hearsay evidence required under s2(1) of the Civil Evidence Act 1995 together with proof of the authenticity of the document(s) as required under s8(1)(b) of the Act, including but not limited to:

(a) a copy of the procedure(s) used for copying, storing and retrieving documents

(b) a copy of the relevant log entry showing the time and date of the scan or copy, the name of the member of staff making the copy, the method used for copying, storage and retrieval and time and date of destruction of the original document(s)

© copies of internal and external audit reports covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedures have been complied with

(d) copies of Quality Assurance accreditation certificates covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedure(s) and audit process(es) comply with the appropriate quality standards

2. All records you hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to:

a. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

b. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with Natwest

c. .Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

d. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

e. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

f. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

g. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

h. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

3. Any other documents you seek to rely on in court.

I will require this information within the next fourteen days. I must advise you that if the information is not forthcoming, it will be reported to the Court that you are trying to frustrate proceedings and denying me the opportunity to file a defence and counter claim.

Yours sincerely,

HSBC will have opened an account, paid off your loan from it, and then closed the account citing an unauthorised overdraft, thereby removing your rights under the CCA 1074. It is illegal to deprive you of any of your rights under the CCA and so HSBC will not try to enforce this themselves, but will set Marlin et al onto you, who will try to bluster you into accepting this illegal act and pay up under the threat of a charging order on your house.

Defend the action if you neliweve they have done this without your kn owledge. They may quote "Rankin v Others", bad case law, and you will find a response somewhere on CAG, can any one help with this.

Good luck

Edited by 111253

HSBC will have opened an account, paid off your loan from it, and then closed the account citing an unauthorised overdraft, thereby reloving your rights under the CCA 1074. It is illegal to deprive you of any of your rights under the CCA and so HSBC will not try to enforce this themselves, but will set Marlin et al onto you, who will try to bluster you into accepting this illegal act and pay up under the threat of a charging order on your house.

Defend the action if you neliweve they have done this without your kn owledge. They may quote "Rankin v Others", bad case law, and you will find a response somewhere on CAG, can any one help with this.

Good luck

Excellent point mate, this is what i was thinking when i 1st read the thread, however, if defended properly they will get nowhere with this.

Thanks for your input.

You can send PMs if you need to convey something you dont want to be seen on the open forum, or if you are desperate to get hold of someone, but generally we like to keep everything in the forum, because it helps others who are looking in, so PM if you want no probs.

• Haha 1