County Court Claim

Gunner77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slight delay, VAT problem to fix - bl**dy work - but I wouldn't worry much about your case. It's their case that has the problem! They have diddly squat evidence, as you know!

Cheers DonkeyB, sorry to keep hassling you. Hope the VAT stuff gets sorted!! I am gald you think my case is good. Just getting worrried as to how I present my case to the judge??? Thanks.

Guys, still not had anything from the court, should I chase it up? Why do they take so long? When I spoke to them previously it looked like they were just going to issue me with a date for the hearing?? Thanks.

sit tight Gunner it will come. It takes ages for these things to slowly filter through the system.

I have my date now (early July) so I need to prepare (I wish Scabhunter was around to help)

Notts

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

Desperate - need this sorted ASAP - the fact this shows on my credit report as an outstanding default means I cannot get a mortgage. How quickly can I get this sorted? What options do I have? - I did read somewhere that if 2 companies have put a default on your credit report for the same debt that is against the rules and seeing as Barclaycard had placed a default on my file as well as HFO, is there anything I can do? Thanks.

Desperate - need this sorted ASAP - the fact this shows on my credit report as an outstanding default means I cannot get a mortgage. How quickly can I get this sorted? What options do I have? - I did read somewhere that if 2 companies have put a default on your credit report for the same debt that is against the rules and seeing as Barclaycard had placed a default on my file as well as HFO, is there anything I can do? Thanks.

Yes there is, hang fire for my update on your case, I'm horribly busy, sorry. Re defaults - can't have two defaults regsitered on one debt, plenty to be done. Please, no panics!

UPDATE - Just spoke to County Court officer - he advised that I will receive notification of a court hearing and date within in a couple of weeks. Still got time to get myself ready, although this procedure is extremely timely!! Thanks.

Off topic a little: I see that many others have had problems with HFO/Turnbull and from their experiences it is easy to see that they operate outside of the rules. Surely there must be some way in which they can be shown to be of bad repute and that all their court proceedings be struck out due to their constant breaking of rules and disregard for the debtor? They seem to have got away with an awful lot compared to most other DCA's and feel that their haphazzard approach to collecting these debts, many of which are unjust or simply cannot be repaid due to circumstance, must be addressed. They are bullies and as such should be shown the same distain that they show towards their supposed debtors.

I agree with you Gunner, unfortunately, I think the courts are only interested in the facts of the case being bought, although you would think with the amount of cases that are lodged by them, and the obvious lack of law and correct paperwork, alarm bells would be ringing, I think that HFO not only show disregard and contempt towards debtors, but also the courts, so you would think that something could be done, but as I said, I think the courts are only interested in the facts of the case, not the practices of the company bringing it, unless directly related.

You would have to highlight their failings to the court and show them examples of them being unreasonable IMO.

But definitely put in a complaint to the relevant ombudsman. the more they get, they have to investigate eventually:roll:

One step at a time I think. Will wait for my hearing date and go from there. Hopeful that those more knowledgeable than me can assist me in compiling my case and highlighting if there are any areas which HFO/Turnbull actually have an advantage over me. I think my case is strong, but look forward to DonkeyB and some other more experienced members giving me their valueable time and experience in assessing my case. Many thanks once again to all who have assisted me thus far.

Gunner, last queries - is the copy of the alleged 'agreement' you posted the best quality you have? Also, have you had any response at all to your original queries regarding the debt being paid by your father?

My research shows Barclaycard have a case to answer here as they have misled you, I believe - will post all when I get your reponse and get back from my trip to the orifice to earn my daily crust.

Hi DonkeyB, yes unfortunatley the best copy I have, although I did put it all down in words in one of my posts.

As for Barclayscard they want my fathers bank statement, but as he is unwell and I do not want to worry him, I refuse to ask him to do any more than he already has for me. All I have are the copy of the cheque, copy of letter, proof of posting and confirmation of receipt. What I do not have is whether the cheque was cashed or not. This is the great problem, although at the same time my father paid off a Barclaycard debt as well, which was settled, so bit of a quandry. Also as I never received anything further from them, I assumed the debt settled. Thanks.

Hi DonkeyB, hope you are well. Look forward to you and others on here confirming that my case is water tight and that I have nothing to fear!!! Must admit this whole episode has very nearly cost me buying my own home, but due to my wife's salary being so high, we are able to buy in her name. Just wishthat if I win, I could sue HFO for my troubles. I did a rough calculation and at a conservative estimate, they have cost me over £3k in time and emotional stress.