EuroCar Parks....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

Need some advice on this issue as I don’t know what to do next...Here's the situation.

I parked in a EuroCar park next to a Co-op and I'm sure you can guess what is coming..... I’m very used to seeing EuroCar park signs at supermarkets and they all tend to apply to non shoppers so when I saw EuroCar park next to supermarket I didn’t really research whether it was applicable to me. It was a mistake I know but I was only popping into supermarket and the signage was pretty poor.

After less than ten minutes I return to the car to find a ticket on there for £50!!! (£30 if you pay within 2 weeks). The car park costs 20p for 2 hours so i’m sure you can understand this mammoth fine came as a bit of a shock!

I don’t have the issue with a fine as I was clearly in the wrong, but my issue is the amount of the fine in proportion to the fee in the car park. Would I be right in thinking that as with the bank charges that penalties have to cover the "costs" incurred by policing and administering parking fines and that a company cannot profit from penalty charges?? Can a car parking charge be deemed unfair?

I have written to EuroCar parks saying basically the same things and have had no response after 30 days. I really believe that this fine is unfair and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My primary aim is not a refund but really to stop car parking companies from charging whatever they feel like and profiting greatly from it.

Regards

Mike

As it is a private company and you have entered a contract by entering the car park, then the same regulations as the bank charges apply.

You should expect to pay the 20p plus any costs fro the PCN and the guy placing the ticket. I estimate 38 at most.

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

My primary aim is not a refund but really to stop car parking companies from charging whatever they feel like and profiting greatly from it.

Regards

Mike

Have you paid?

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Dear Mike,

I too have had problems with Euro carparks. In that I work for the railway and parked on rail property at my local station displaying my staff pass I was fined £80 reduced to £50 after contacting Euro carparks themselves, carpark appeal bodies, CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) & my local MP. As soon as the latter was on the case things started being resolved asap. I must say I found the whole longwinded process very stressful but at least it's now resolved. I'd be interested to know if you can claim them back.

Hope this helps,

bze lizzy