1 Month Loan - Unscrupulous bottom-feeders

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Yoshiro, that would be wrong as I borrowed the money, knowing full well the interest rate. It is me that is wrong as I was stupid to keep borrowing. To charge back would surely be theft! I am not pretending or lying - that is just wrong. Might as well go and steal from Tesco's or mug an old lady.

Edited by matthewparker1

Fighting them mean you get morons like that bloke from Genie ringing your employers and home at all hours of the day. Maybe you have never had that experience.

Edited by matthewparker1

If MP1 or SBB are either "in the industry" or work directly for this firm my understanding is you should be making yourself known to admin before posting? I believe a pm to admin is in order if memory of one of the site team posts on another thread is correct.

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

1ML will let you consolidate other payday debts into 1 loan. less interest (still a rip off) but better than the others. I had £250 with Payday Uk, £125 with wonga, £175 with genie and a bit with Ungle buck and pd express and they gave me 1 loan at less interest.

Edited by matthewparker1

If MP1 or SBB are either "in the industry" or work directly for this firm my understanding is you should be making yourself known to admin before posting? I believe a pm to admin is in order if memory of one of the site team posts on another thread is correct.

So if I don't agree with just not paying the money back, then I must work for the firm that I borrowed from. WOW, :eek: I thought this forum was meant to help us and make us feel that we are not alone not try and make me feel bad for not just taking the money. I did not see what matthewparker1 wrote, but I have done nothing wrong.:rolleyes:

SBB - MP was suggesting you were an employee of this firm, I can see he appears to have edited all of his posts. He either thought better of it, asked to do so or possibly I have been trolled! :rolleyes: (the last one appears the most likely).

The post that you quoted needs to be taken in context of that and was simply an attempt to politely raise that I had understood elsewhere that if anybody works for individual firms or the financial industry they are supposed to make themselvee known. There was nothing more in it than that, you have quoted it out of context given that MP1 has deleted all of his posts. No offence was intended and if it has been caused then apologies.

For the record neither myself or I believe the vast majority of the people that post here in any way advocate "just not paying the money back". :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

Thank you mjc007.5 - I feel a bit silly at over reacting now. Was MP1 being nasty? I am trying to keep on top of it all, but my mum and dad still go on about pay your debts and all that - I read about people getting away with not paying and I am really tempted to just change flats, cancel cards and change mobile numbers. Sorry if I upset anyone.

You are welcome and no worries - it is a stressful place trying to sort things out :)

MP1 appeared to believe you were from the firm mentioned in this post - all fairly low level stuff, cannot remember exactly, "Hello Keiran" was amongst the messages?!

The point is you can and should pay your debts at level that allows you to live properly. Now ideally this will be at a level you feel comfortable they will accept BUT if this is £1 each a month and has been properly worked out with the appropriate advice then so be it. Most would agree that debts need to be repaid but in the meantime people have to live! Equally, if due to the creditors negligence or other oversight which is used within the law against them a debt cannot be collected this is entirely with the creditor and more fool them!

In the vast majority of cases on here the fact that a level of debt is owed and needs to be repaid is not usually in dispute. The dispute is about how quickly that debt can be repaid, the exact level of the debt (given that many charges made are about pure profit and not consistent with anything like the cost of that activity) and the methods which will usually be inconsistent with guidelines at best and at worst outright illegal that are employed in pursuit of the debt. The creditor cannot have this both ways - hold the debtor to what they believe to be an absolute obligation in law and then behave with impunity when they are held to account in the same way! This is why so many of us rely on places like this to help us simply stick up for ourselves!

Changing address, numbers, cancel cards etc is in most cases the only direct action that people can take to protect themselves from tactics that will be used in pursuit of their debt which will be at best vexatious and at worst probably illegal! I accept there will be some that do it to avoid their debts but I really do believe (on here at least) they are in the minority! :)

Go for the option with this that puts you in control whilst offering them an affordable repayment plan and expectation of being repaid - communication in writing or email, changing account if you feel they will remove funds from you and mainly sticking to your proposal. Many of them will (after a while) agree to this.

Best of luck

• 3 months later...

Hi

I am hoping that somebody can help me. I took out a loan from 1 month loan last week all last minute as i needed the money in quick. I applied for a loan of 180 and they told me they could lend me £125 so I thought that will do i signed the forms let them do their checks and then I rang them to see when they could have the money in my account it was about 4pm on Thursday and they said it would be Monday morning I told them this was no good as I needed it quickly and was there no chance of same day so they said no it could be put in between 3pm and 5pm on the friday so i accepted that over the phone and nobody explained anything on the phone that the £25 was for a charge. I have now received an email saying that my total of £162.50 was due on the 27th so I have questioned this as surely its less seen as I only borrowed £100 in the end. They are saying i had signed for that amount and it was agreed that 25 was a charge for same day transfer, although it says nothing about that in my agreement. I have spoke to a right B*TCH Called Nikky and she is saying that i will be paying this amount or I will get charge for taking it further. The calls apparently aren't recorded as I said she could check the call that this was not explained to me and that because it does tell you on the FAQ on the website I am obliged to. Does anyone know if I have a leg to stand on here by refusing to pay it or am I basically better of just paying that. I am only 19 so therefore they probably think they can be unhelpful with me and I am just going to pay it because they say so. HELP.

I would put in writing exactly as you have stated here, and dispute the charge that was not explained to you at the time (or mentioned in the agreement ?) make sure you send it recorded delivery. If they fail to respond or not your satisfaction, and they give you their final response, I would give it to the FOS to ajudicate on. The FOS will charge the company £450 to investigate your complaint.....I suggest that if you speak to them again on the phone YOU record the calls....

Thank you for your response. Do you think if I refuse to pay the amount due on the 27th November I could end up having to pay more charges. To put a complaint in regarding their company I have to do it to them and they are obviously not a company who care. I will look into the FOS company now. Thanks again.

I wouldn't stop paying....however they should not refer to the FAQ's, it should be clearly stated in your telephone conversation, and there should be some right to cancellation....do you have a copy of the agreement ? can you scan / photo it and put it up here (minus all the personal details, reference numbers, dates etc) ? FOS are the Financial Ombudsman Service....

Its a PDF so without me printing it off crossing details off and scanning back onto the computer I cant. I have put in a complaint with the FOS and they are now going to write to the company and hopefully I should get the charges back. Thanks for your help. I know it is only a £25 charge but it is basically principle of them trying to rip me off and attitude on the phone I got.

You first need to dispute this in writing to the company first, to be reasonable, you have to give them a chance to rectify/answer the complaint/dispute....only when they either don't answer or don't answer to your satisfaction or give a FINAL RESPONSE will the FOS look at it....as I say it is NOT economical for them to have an FOS complaint especially as the FOS will charge them £450 to investigate....

I tried to put in a formal complaint over the phone i phoned the complaints department but I just kept going through to the supervisor who deals with them who was the one who kept telling me I was going to pay it I should have read the website. There going to write to them now anyways so Il just see what happens. They can afford 450pound anyways after how much I have read they have ripped people off.

Hi KN1503

As Compliance Director of 1 Month Loan I would like to firstly advise that if you, or any of our customers, have a genuine complaint about our company I would prefer that they email me at [email protected] where I will investigate it and respond.

You claim that you were not told at the time you spoke to our customer advisor that you would have to pay for a same day transfer. While it is part of our standard script to advise you of this, until I know who you are and look in our records I cannot see whether your call was recorded or not and therefore at this stage cannot confirm or deny that this was said. Although you state that no calls are recorded this is not strictly true as a selection are for security and training purposes. If you would like to contact me I will look into your account further and review the matter.

Our aim is to treat all of our customers fairly and with respect. At 19 I guess you are fairly new to borrowing and debt so we really want to show you that while there are ‘bottom feeders’ in the payday market place, we are not one of them.

Please contact me on 01284 717800 and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss you loan with you.[/font]

Simon Hatch

1 Month Loan

Glad you have this sorted KN1503.

I am a little uneasy that a compliance officer of Fortress has to follow consumer forums.

However Simon, if you really trying to help please look at the various Cash genie threads and perhaps reign in Barry & Pete. As another Fortress Group company I assume you have responsibility for them.

Hi Robjam1969

The reason that I follow these consumer forums is that we really do care that customers are happy with our services and if there are any issues I can solve them quickly.

If anyone had issues with the way the Fortress Group (UK) Ltd conducts its business, please contact me directly on 01284 717 800 or my email [email protected] .

Regards

Simon Hatch

Edited by 1 Month Loan

Fair enough Simon

If your approach to helping is mirrored by your staff then OML will appear less frequently on these forums.

Whilst I don't have much time for companies in this sector at least you have the balls to put your email address on a consumer forum. And for what it's worth I do feel people should pay back what they borrow from you!

• 2 months later...

It is good to see the compliance officer doing part of his job properly.

he is dealing with complaints....

surely if he did his job properly and ensured the company was fully compliant, he wouldnt have complaints to deal with.

but fair enough... he seems to be doing more then the other compliance officers (if any) are doing.

• 1 month later...

Hi:

I came across this forum a few days ago. It's full of helpful information.

I just want to share my story, out of frustration, really.

I found 1 month loan on the internet, as, obviously, I am looking for a loan.

I originally applied for 350 pounds (is my birthday at the end of the month and I want to take my boyfriend out).

Anyway, after doing all the application online, it said they approved 200 pounds. This is still good, i though. To complete the process, you should received a text message with a code that you need to enter at the bottom of the agreement, along with the date and surname.

I did not received it. I sent two emails to customer service through their website, and nobody got back to me. I also called twice, and the system just disconnected me after going through all the options saying that somebody will get back to me.

I came across this forum, and next day (after trying to call the company and mailing them again with no luck), I found mr. Simon Hatch details from the post above. I email him directly.

I have to say, he got back to me straight away. Gave me the code, and suddenly the application on the website said it was declined.

I enquired about this, and they told me I need to scan and sent some paperwork.

I sent a scan of my passport, my debit card, bank statements that prove that I work from home, and I get paid monthly into my account; a letter of my landlord, as I don't have a tenancy agreement, and another bank statement from another bank, with the address in there, because I do not have utility bills as everything is included in the deal.

I actually had to send this in twice, as it was blurry the first time i did so.

I was under the impression, or so they assured me over the phone, that it was all good and smooth and i was going to get my loan (out of 200 pounds, i would have had to pay them back 260, and I was still happy with the rip off).

I waited and waited for the rest of the friday for somebody to get back to me. Obviously never happen. I waited all weekend, and finally today, as nobody could be bother to get back to me, i email mr hatch again (around 12.30)

I got an email from somebody else saying :

Hi xxxxx

Sorry for the delay in the reply regarding your application.

You should of received an e-mail on Friday informing you that we are unfortunately unable to lend on this occasion as you do not meet our lending criteria.

Kind Regards

Jason Symonds

Customer Advisor Executive

Loans Team: 01284 717810

Fax: 01284 717833

Websites: 1 Month Loan UK. Apply here for short-term personal loans

(if you check the website FAQ and Terms and Conditions, I do qualify)

I replied, saying that no, I did not received such email, and if he could tell me why my application has been rejected, considering that I am on full time employment.

I pay my bills on time, and as far as I know, I only have one debt of about 400 pounds that I am working on with the company to pay back.

I also have a property abroad on my name, and a third of other one.

(ok, though, i didn't say the second part on the mail, only said how come i did not qualify if i am on full-time employment)

the only answer that i got from him was:

Hi xxxx

Unfortunately I am unable to inform you of the reasons as the underwriters do not release the information for security reasons.

Kind regards

Security reasons? I am asking about MY information, not anybody else?

Did anybody had the same problem?

To be honest, after the whole hassle, i just feel that they just wasted my time and my credit on the phone. And now they have all my details for no reason.

Why was the website saying it was approved? why where they saying over the phone it was approved?

And then to turn me down, without so much an explanation? And no email to tell me this either, regardless of what they say.

I also have to say that my salary is over 1000 pounds a month, well above the required minimum.

Am really upset cos I could have used that time dealing with other companies instead.

Sorry all for the rambling here. I just needed to get it off my chest.

Forgot to say, If you actually look at my applications on the web, it says rejected, and where it says reason, it has been left blank.

Edited by Astoreth
add more info