Me Vs Lowell Financial / ***WON WITH COSTS***

Shawn0109
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Shawn, I've only just seen this. Brilliant news, well done. What a sweet result.

A couple of hundred years ago Meyer Amshel, (1743-1812), founder of the Rothschild dynasty is reported to have told his five sons, “Let me control a nation’s money and I care not who writes its laws”.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what I have written is my own opinion garnered from reading this forum and consumer legislation, and my own experience of the judicial process.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to tickle my scales!!

no cca=unenforceable=debt does not exsist.

Dangerous assumption...!

The first two parts are correct but, unless you have disputed the alleged debt ever existed, the original creditor could have a default issued on your credit reference file. The DCA would have difficulty sustaining a default in these circumstances as it was shown they did not have the right to be processing the data as there was nothing to legally enforce the alleged debt.

The original debt does still exist, it's just that they cannot enforce payment. Sorry, don't want to p on your bonfire, but worth pointing that out so newcomers reading this don't think it's true...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Underdog13 I always do, people have helped me on here as well as my sister in law now it's time for me to help people back with DCA's like this, it's funny they think they have power over everyone but in reality they do not, we are all afraid of them but for me I'm not anymore.:) It's thanks to all of you that I managed to get through it all. Thanks again.

Cheers will all let you know the feed back I get I just havent had time to get round to it yet with family problems today and the day before but tomorrow will be starting with the Echo and any other newspaper that want to listen.

hillards I think of it that way it might be a dangerous assumption but even my sister in law has said this and she is a higly qualified lawyer no cca no agreement exsisted in the first place and as for the number of defaults Lowell tossers have put on my Credit File I will be getting them all taken off now, the one yesterday should be off soon by order of the judge.

You are obviously unhappy with Lowell, and I would agree that they should remove any default relating to your case, as orderd by the judge.

The point I was making is that the original creditor (Capital One) can issue a default as the debt, owed to them in the first place, still exists. It's just that nobody can enforce action. You have never disputed that, in which case they would have persued a fraud case.

Despite you saying that without a CCA there is no debt, Capital One could probably prove that you made payment on the account at some point - therefore the account, and in turn the debt, exists.

Hope you can see where I'm going with this, and that some people could easily get the wrong signals.

You also need to be careful with direct comments against the company you dealt with... They do read these forums, could probably identify you from the details given to date, and request that a judge ask you to confirm how you know their director takes part in the Scottish pastime involving cabers...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Oh well I know ya looking out for me and all but I'm just saying the ammount of pressure they have put on me and others on here they need to be dealt with and all I'm saying is truth pure and simple, I have heared that the government are discussing this kind of matter about DCA's or have I heared wrong. But I'm not worried about them, oh also hillards how do you know that their director takes part in a Scottish pasttime? Hum?

...how do you know that their director takes part in a Scottish pasttime? Hum?

there was an allegation made in this thread, but not from me...

I think most of us sympathise with your antipathy for the DCAs, Shawn - we just have to be a bit careful about slander/libel, etc; don't want to give them any excuse to come back at us do we;):)

I know exactly how you feel; been cagboted once or twice myself for venting my fury:D

Edited by underdog13