just starting out **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry to be a pain but going through my statements i have int charges per month around 12.00 charges pm 12.00, charges unpaid items between 30 and 38 each and referal charges which ones can i claim for please help.

rbos prem letter sent 25th aug 06

give me 10 more days letter received 2nd sept 06

lba sent 7th sept 06

settled in full 7/10/2006

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All charges

Over your O/D-which will appear like this 17DEC2005 A/C XXXXX 28.00

Card Misuse-35.00

unpaid items-38.00

I think anything that appears on your statement as CHG except any royalties fees-

At first glance it looks like you can claim for unpaid items charges, referral charges and probably card misuse as these are all penalty charges.

Interest charges are more difficult to calculate and you have to be able to show that the interest is charged on an overdraft that is due solely to unlawful penalty charges.

The other £12 per month is probably a service charge- but it seems a bit steep @ £12

do i need to break down items such as im claiming xxx for returned dd, xxxx for returved cheques, xxxx for card misuse. etc

lba sent 7th sept 06

i dont knowhow to use the spreadshhet for the refunds do i just overtype what vampires has done then it will calculate for me

lba sent 7th sept 06

hi guys sorry but i need some more help. been on spread sheet and worked out how many charges which is 6305.77. i'm just typing out my prelim letter and have come to the part you have taken xxxxx plus xxx which you have charged me in overdraft int. how do i work out what they have charged in overdraft int as in the statements it doent say.

lba sent 7th sept 06

really excited today as i've worked out all of the charges and it comes to 6,500.just sent my prelim letter today by recorded delivery. can't wait BRING IT ON AND LET BATTLE COMMENCE!!!!

lba sent 7th sept 06

just had a thought i sent off asking for 6,500.00. does that matter that its over the 5k advised to go to small claims court. was that excited i forgot about the 5k limit. anyone anysuggestions

lba sent 7th sept 06

just an update. got a letter off mrs s morrey today to say thank you for bringing this matter to their attention. it has been referred to the customer relations unit to be investigated and will respond to me in the next 10 working days. this will take them over the 14 days i gave them. do i stick to my timetable and send them next letter on the 5th september.

lba sent 7th sept 06

The RBS have done exactly the same to me, account sent to Credit Management Service/Centre. They closed my account down after merging a loan as well. And taking my money in my savings account.

I have been off work for over a year due to a car crash I have loan protection but due to them losing a sick line I missed one loan payment. This is the reason that they did this to me.

RBS are a shower of s***s, the hassle I have had trying to open another account and get my benefits paid direct to me has been a nightmare.

I even recieved a letter from another department saying that as a valued customer I could get a credit card with them.

Sorry to have hijacked your thread just thought I'd let you know that you are not the only one, as I thought I was till I found this helpful site.

PRELIM 18 Aug 06 - Business Account RBofS £735 - Reply recieved 12 Sept. Fob Off:mad:

LBA 1 Sept 06

From my understanding you can claim for the whole amount in letters, then if it goes to court you split it up into the small claim amounts. someone else will be able to give you the coorect method.

PRELIM 18 Aug 06 - Business Account RBofS £735 - Reply recieved 12 Sept. Fob Off:mad:

LBA 1 Sept 06

Is There Any Mods Out There Who Can Answer This. Have Read In The Q And A That Its Sometimes Better To Claim More Than Five Thousand Am I Right.

lba sent 7th sept 06

Hi Suzanne. Just read all of this thread and really hope this works out for you.

I'm just starting out and will be following this thread closely for guidance.

Cheers and good luck! :D

14/09/2006 - Data Protection Act letter sent to my bank.............here goes :D

28/09/2006 - Statements received through the post. Charges appear to be in the region of £2000 :eek:

04/10/2006 - Prelim letter sent for charges of £2037 :rolleyes:

Hi susanne007

check out Making a Claim

or Small claims

in fact just put small claims court into google..... or better still buy the lawpack on sale on this forum

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D