Next Signed Agreements!!

housewife23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have already sent a letter off to next asking for my signed credit agreement. They replied with a letter saying they didnt have to send a signed agreement to me, and they were still going to demand the outstanding balance.

Can anyone give me any advice please.

Hi

I am no expert but i am under the impression from what i have read on here that if you send off a pound postal order and reqest a cca they have to respond with one within 14 + 2 days i think.

I am not 100 pc sure on that but i am sure someone in the know will be along shortly to respond and clarify this for you also remember when you write to these companies never sign anything just print your name

• Haha 1

my account was opened last year. so bout 10months. they are being nasty about non payments. so i want a proof i signed an agreement. if they dont have one they can not inforce it, so i can suggest my own payments. i am willing to pay, just not the amount they want.

my account was opened last year. so bout 10months. they are being nasty about non payments. so i want a proof i signed an agreement. if they dont have one they can not inforce it, so i can suggest my own payments. i am willing to pay, just not the amount they want.

Did you just order a catalogue online or something?

That's all I did but it was back in 2004 now. I don't think I ever signed an agreement.

If you are right.. I might be able to ignore mine! It's my biggest problem right now :oops:

hi Housewife23

If you entered into "the agreement" after April 2007 you could be in trouble as after that date our wonderful government changed the law to make it easier for creditors.

Still that said if they offer credit they need a SIGNED agreement with the proper terms on it.....

if they decide to not chase you over it, the debt will not go away...it will stay on file for 6 years

Cadencealex..same applies, but you are in with more of a chance....I suggest you read up thouroughly on CCA requests and read the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Consumer Credit agreements regs...both on here (somewhere)

rgds

Dave

• Haha 1

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Thanks Dave, I am going to request they sent me the Credit Agreement :)

I dont blame you........go for it, cant hurt :)

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

I dont blame you........go for it, cant hurt :)

Dave

I would feel really guilty getting the whole debt wiped though!

I feel bad enough I got away with not paying £2k to the Abbey (it disappeared after 6yrs)

It's not paying the debts I mind, its getting overwhelmed with charges and harasssed, and then defaults... they are horrible!

I would feel really guilty getting the whole debt wiped though!

I feel bad enough I got away with not paying £2k to the Abbey (it disappeared after 6yrs)

It's not paying the debts I mind, its getting overwhelmed with charges and harasssed, and then defaults... they are horrible!

you're preaching to the choir.......

I used to have morals as regarding debt, so much so I would go short rather than not pay........then I got behind and the dca's and bailiffs started

THEN I found this site....:)

My life has changed, no longer am I terriffied of answering the phone or the door. I actually look forward to getting letters now.

I have NO morals where it comes to creditors that cant be reasonable.....or dca's AT ALL !!

go for it and dont worry (too much)

one word of caution though.....try to understand what it is you are doing and what goals you want to try to achieve. try to read a few threads that are similar first

the law is a double edged sword that can be wielded by the consumer as well as the finacial institutions.

rgds

Dave

housewife23

sorry for hijacking this thread......

cadencealex....try to start your own thread....I'll pop along and have a look

Dave

No I completely agree.

Just been sat here with a box of old debt letters from 2003.. and now I think, well, they've screwed me up enough over the years I am out for all I can get back now :-x

I know people look down on it, but tough. They aren't in my shoes.

I have got a pad here and a pen and I am writing down all the letters I need to send tomorrow, and saving them on Works as I go along!

All I want is a clean credit file - I am getting there. Also so pi55ed off I settled so many debts that were made up mostly of charges.

Citibank Financial have screwed me - and thats 6 years old now so the default will be coming off in a few months. It's affected me all these years, and bad debt means higher interest rates in future.. and on and on it goes :-x:-x

Ediy - I do start threads but nobody replies to them :D

dont worry about it. the information you have talked about has helped me too.

I spoke to a guy called Ashish today at the Collections department and after a bad start and a bit of arguing, he ended up really nice...

.. he told me that he couldn't send me a signed agreement because they didn't have one - I had not returned it.

BUT he did say he would send me a template.

HE also told me he personally sees them into the post, and says several people have been requesting them.

Why don't you ring and speak to him? :)