Debenhams

xoxnitaxox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a pair of shorts on the 7th of June, they arrived promptly the next day. Opened the package to find they'd sent the wrong size - the size on the invoice was correct, but they'd packed a different size... they were HUGE! So, used return slip and took it to post office (got return reciept). Waited a week and still no refund. Emailed them and they said we've not recieved the item back yet, we need 21 days. So left it... they got told i needed to send my return reciept cos they still hadn't recieved item. Which I did right away. It's now been 36 days and still no refund. I keep emailing and keep getting fobbed off.. last email I got read:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please allow a little longer for us to receive and process your

proof of return.

If you have any further questions or comments about the service we offer, please contact us - we're here to help.

It's the last little bit that makes me cringe! "We're here to help".

Any ideas if there's anything I can do to force them to give me a refund, I'm getting fed up of being messed about now.

NatWest Visa - recieved a letter from court wanting more info re what sections of several law things im using to claim back the money - got to reply by 13th! still no idea!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ace - £1300 - SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One - £200 - SETTLED IN FULL

JD Williams - £400 - SETTLED IN FULL

Littlwoods - £2700- SETTLED IN FULL

NATWEST - £2703.33 - SETTLED IN FULL

Did you send the original proof of posting or a copy. If you sent the original have you got a copy of it?

I would write to them stating in clear terms that If you don't receive a refund within 7 days you will seek to recover you losses in the small claims court.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

I sent a copy of it... wasn't about to give up the only proof I had that they'd been returned.

I emailed them first thing this morning and gave them 48 hours to come up with a solution (gimme back my money!) or I'd be reporting them to trading standards, not heard anything yet, but will let you know if they bother to reply.

NatWest Visa - recieved a letter from court wanting more info re what sections of several law things im using to claim back the money - got to reply by 13th! still no idea!!!!!

Got a reply off them. Basically saying I need to wait another 21 days! So told them I'm not willing to wait, but would extend the deadline to 7 days. Getting really annoyed now, I've been waiting on this refund for ages, it's more annoying because they were returned for reasons that weren't my fault!

• 2 weeks later...

i have recently got married and used debenhams for our wedding list, this seems to have been a bad mistake, we chose two delivery dates, the first the day before our wedding.

as you can check the items purchased on line we knew what to expect on the first delivery. lots, some items were ordered 2 months in advance. what actually turned up was 3 items ordered in our local debenhams two days before and nothing else. we later found out that it had all been delivered elsewhere because the recipient called us at home. debenhams couldnt even trace them.

eventually a week later these items turned up but that wasnt the end of it all.

debenhams had substituted items that had been ordered with other items on our list without informing or asking anyone. the reason according to them was the items are no longer being stocked.

our lovely £200 combi microwave arrived all nicely packaged with no dents in the box either. so after a few annoying phone calls and £10 compensation for the harrasement of chasing our items we headed off to germany to start our married life.

unpacking our microwave, once in our knew home we discovered a nasty dent in the top which travelled all along one side.

we contacted debenhams and told them. they told us they couldnt do anything because we had travelled to germany with it although the box is still in one piece and NO DENTS in the box. eventually after 3 different calls to 3 different numbers and people we have been told it was the last one and they will not be getting this type in anymore. we are still waiting for a call back from them to resolve this. in the defence of debenhams they did offer us a full refund but only on a debenhams card but as they are no longer stocking the oven we want i have refused this as being pointless. i am still fighting an upgrade or full refund. people need to be aware that debenhams are in the habit of changing stock items or discontinuing them without ANY notice at all, they even seem to advertise them for sale well after they have run out of stock.

watch this space for the result :-)

I'd never ordered from them previous to ordering these shorts - Figuring they're a half decent company I thought it would be the best place to go. Big mistake. They've still not replied to my letter - not long now before I can actually get Trading standards to sort it. Thing is... the blame lays at their door - they sent the wrong thing. Yet it's me that's suffering because of it. In hindesight maybe I should have gone in dstore to buy them - but the thing is... online or in a high street store - you should be able to expect the same level of service.

Good luck sorting out the claim... Not the best way to start a new life huh? :(

No... but err why does that matter? They haven't sent me the refund for a product that came wrongly sized blah blah blah - you'd think... for the price of the shorts £25 they'd not be creating such an issue.

See - that's also confusing. The £3.50 I paid for the item to be delivered to me... they returned straight away. Odd don't you agree?

lol good way to put it

• 2 weeks later...

Contacted Consumer Direct - they tld me to give Debenhams 14 days (and send them a formal letter) which I did. They never even bothered replying. tits!

Anyway Trading standards phoned me yesterday - and are now on their case :-) £25 may not be a lot... but it's MY money. Gits.