Hi, new and have an issue with Lewis Debt Recovery!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You should have been sent a notice of assignment when they passed the account onto a DCA, but it's suprising how often they forget:rolleyes:

It has been alledged that some DCA's like to play with Photoshop:rolleyes:

Just wait now for your CCA and we'll take it from there.We need to see whether it's enforcable before we bother with anything else just yet;)

Edited by cerberusalert

Thanks cerberusalert,

The CCA request is in the post 1st class recorded. As an afterthought, the name that Lewis have contacted me with is my maiden name. Yet I've replied with my married name.

Is this likely to cause a refusal to supply and need a second letter telling them that my name has changed?

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Lewis - Lost their tongue after cca request:roll: -

Now in default of my CCA request - still no contact since:D

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

1ST Credit - CCA request sent - now stopped contact with me

How long have u been married?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi GodMother

2 years this spring:)

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

are the OC aware of u being married as i am thinking they may refuse the info based on the name not being rite.

I know it sounds padantic but i know a thread on this site were a person has moved and even thought the OC knows this the DCA, bryan carters i hink, refuses to use the correct addy for contact, good job the person on the site has mail redirect set up.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks Godmother,:)

If they refuse to give the cca to me because my names now different, what do I do? This is a very old debt anyway and I was hoping to silence them with the request. If they don't accept me as being the account holder then does that also mean they can't take any action against me?

Sorry, I didn't answer your question,

No, they have no idea. But I'm not sending them a copy of my marriage certificate, ever.

well then if they wont accept it then u could always plead ignorant, its not ur name so to speak, or tell them u got married.

How old is the debt and when was last payment?

The debt is around 6 years old, I was quite happily paying Intrum monthly for it. Then about 5 months ago I got a letter from a company called Apex (I think that was their name) and they were demanding the money. So I phoned Intrum who said they were no longer dealing with it and I should phone Natwest (oc on c/c) so I did and Natwest said they didn't know anything about it and to phone intrum. So I phoned Apex and told them I was paying Intrum and that I had phoned Natwest and they didn't know if Apex were suppose to have it or not. Apex then told me they would double check as they then decided I didn't have an account with them after all. Then all of a sudden Lewis sent a letter demanding the money:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'll wait for a response to the cca request from Lewis and if needed then I'll tell them my name changed.

I just ment really that if they don't beleive who I am with the cca request then I wasn't sure if me just saying my name has changed would make any difference to them, or if I'd need to send proof, which I'm not going to do, because I've had enough of all this rubbish now with this lot.

Why, oh why, are dca's so damn useless!!!!!!!:mad:

and...breath.......in....and out.......... ,

Must admit though that in just a few days of being on the CAG forum I'm much less worried about them now than when I first started this thread. Lewis is just one of 3 at the moment and they're all as useless as each other:)

They are going through the now infamous DCA ritual of passing the account from 'bottom feeder to bottom feeder'. The names you have mentioned get progressively down the DCA foodchain!

By the look of things they are trying to muddy the waters in an attempt to confuse you. Stick to the CCA route, keep all their numpty letters for future use & we'll let them drown themselves:D

Sorry, I didn't answer your question,

No, they have no idea. But I'm not sending them a copy of my marriage certificate, ever.

You do not have to prove who you are, you can call yourself whatever you like as long as it's not for fraudulent purposes, as it is patently obvious you're not & all that you are trying to do is assertain a) that they are entitled to collect the debt & b) the the debt exists & is legally enforcable.

They are worried in case they break the Data Protection Act, so have to be 100% sure you are who they think you are, but that's their problem to resolve. You've done your part (as far as you need to anyway) so let them sort it out:D

• Haha 1

For your information (and of course anyone else who may be interested), many DCAs ask people for copies of birth certificates, passports, marriage certificates etc. You do not have to provide these but a simple workaround is to create a Statutary Declaration. These cost from £5 and it should be noted that the Statutory Declarations Act 1835 makes it illegal for any organisation to refuse to acknowledge any legal name change. Should any organisation (including, but not limited to, Banks, building Societies, Passport Office etc) refuse to acknowledge your name change then they are in breach of UK legislation.

To really rub the salt into the wounds of a DCA or bank, you can offer them a copy if they are willing to pay for the privilage:D

The declaration is;

DECLARATION OF CHANGE OF NAME

BY

JANE MARIE DOE

I, JANE MARIE DOE of 27 Fore Street, Carford, Warwickshire

DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE as follows.

1. I absolutely and entirely renounce relinquish and abandon the use of my former Christian names of JOHN WILLIAM and assume adopt and determine to take and use the Christian names of JANE MARIE in substitution for my former Christian names of JOHN WILLIAM.

2. I absolutely and entirely renounce relinquish and abandon the use of my former surname of SMITH and assume adopt and determine to take and use the surname of DOE in substitution for my former surname of SMITH.

3. I shall at all times hereafter in all records deeds documents and other writings and in all actions proceedings as well as in all dealings and transactions on all occasions whatsoever use and subscribe the said names of as my names in substitution for my former names of JOHN WILLIAM SMITH so relinquished as aforesaid to the intent that I may hereafter be called known or distinguished not by my former names of JOHN WILLIAM SMITH but by my names of JANE MARIE DOE only.

4. I authorise and require all persons at all times to designate describe and address me by the adopted names of JANE MARIE DOE

5. AND I make this solemn Declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.

SIGN AND DECLARED AT ________________________

in the County of ___________________

this ____day, the ________ of __________ 20___

Before me ______________

Solicitor/Commissioner for Oaths

So I can ignore any rubbish response about 'we don't have to send you a cca because you're not the account holder'? Brilliant, I thought I'd lost control a bit with them over this but seems not. That's great news:)

Just ignore them if they refuse to use your actual name.

Just a quick update for future reference...

CCA request was sent to lewis on the 7th, but It was dated the 6th because I couldn't get to the P/O until the next day.

No response yet.

Could somebody please tell me the date that I'm allowed to send the 'account in dispute letter'?

well its in dispute now

• Haha 1

Brilliant:) I'll get my dispute letter printed and ready to go.

Thank you everyone:)

yw btw what did i do?

yw btw what did i do?

I don't know?

Who are you?:confused:

lol, only joking. You reminded me it's gone into dispute so that I could send my next letter. I've got so many things going on and so much paper work I'm trying to keep in order:-?

• 3 weeks later...

Lewis still haven't contacted me since my original CCA request on the 6/01/09 or my default of request letter,

I know that in general no news is good news, but, does anybody know what is likely to be happening now?

is there any further action I can take towards Lewis?

I know that in general no news is good news, but, does anybody know what is likely to be happening now?

is there any further action I can take towards Lewis?

There's no need to worry about it, the longer this stalement goes on the less likely the chance of a CCA appearing.

You don't need to take any further action unless it is passed onto another DCA.

Thanks again Cerberusalert,

I'll leave them be for now then, I just wasn't sure if the silence ment they were plotting something, like landing court papers on me as a final act of idiotness. But that's good to hear, thank you, I'll put this one on the back burner :)

Hi and thanks everyone,

I've been checking the paperwork in relation to this debt and Lewis Debt recovery first sent me a letter on the 9th Dec and with it was a letter from Natwest telling me that the debt had been given to Lewis.

My question is...now that I know a little more about these people, I've had a close look a this Natwest letter sent by Lewis and a couple of things don't ring true. Firstly it's sent from 'the collection manager' no name, maybe this is normal I don't know. But the 'collections mananger's signature has clearly been copied onto the letter by pasting as I can see the 'box' outline of faint pixels around it. There's no Natwest details other than the header in the top left corner. No natwest business address, reg number extra, and in the very top left there's a very small lewis ref code saying 2:2. Basicly what I'm asking is does this even sound like a letter that Natwest sent to them? or just a poorly constructed fraud copy by Lewis?

Maybe everything I've described about the letter is normal, but my attention was first drawn to it because of the signature. I know in business a signature is usually copied but this has clearly been cut and dragged from another programme and with very little attempt to discuise the fact.

Also they gave me an address to pay ICanPayU.co.uk but it doesn't recognise my reference number that Lewis told me to use.

I'm still sending a cca request before I pay anything, but this Natwest letter has me wondering.

i received exactly the same letter from lewis on saturday, it is signed jeff at natwest, this is pasted so i think it is illegal. who do i complain to about this fake letter??

i received exactly the same letter from lewis on saturday, it is signed jeff at natwest, this is pasted so i think it is illegal. who do i complain to about this fake letter??

I think mine was from Joel?:rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks these letters are from Never Never Land,

I'm not sure who to go to for making a complaint about it though. The good news is that they don't seem to persist for very long after the CCA request. Infact, they haven't contacted me at all since the request and that was at the start of Jan:confused: