Parking Charge Central Ticketing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I've read the stickies on the parking charges but was wondering how I know for sure its not been issued on behalf of a council.

I have a parking charge issued by central ticketing ltd for parking in a disabled bay at a metrolink car park.

I intially assumed it was issued by the council but after a friend told me about this site I had a good read and on checking my charge I cannot see anywere were it mentions being on behalf of the council.

Has anyone any experience with central ticketing before I follow the advice given and await my first letter.

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers

Just to make it clear that I dont make a regular habit of parking in disabled bays but it gets my goat when I keep reading about lowering congestion and I turn up at the tram station and there is rarely ever a free space, apart from the unused 20-30 or so disabled spots. On occasion I park on a local estate but have had my car vandalised twice doing this.

Sorry should have asked in the intial post but at what point would my credit rating be affected by something like this? Would it have to goto court or is having a baliff or debt collector on your back enough to affect it?

Credit rating would only be affected if you were taken to a real court, lost the case, then refused or couldn't pay in the 28 days the court will give you to pay. Only then would it show as an outstanding CCJ.

At this stage bailiffs would be involved. Prior to that, if the company use a debt collector, this means nothing as they have no powers what so ever.

• 5 weeks later...

url%5Dcentralzo3.th.jpgThanks for the replies, I'm pretty sure it was issued by a PPC and not on behalf of the council, I replied using a template basically saying I am the keeper can you please provide evidence of the driver, if it works Ive uploaded a scan of the letter below.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: centralzo3.jpgmy.php?image=centralzo3.jpgURL%5DURL%5D

Edited by muppet123

• 2 months later...

I have today received a letter from JB debt recovery (based in Glasgow), stating that as I was the registered keeper at the time of the 'offence' I am liable for the outstanding debt.

My debt has now risen to £148.05!

Am I right in sending a letter to the debt collector stating I am in dispute with the PPC or can I just ignore it?

Thanks again.

I'm not completely sure, their website states "The senior management of the company have been actively involved and contributed to the maintenance and development of A Code of Practice and maintain the company’s actions in line with the Credit Services Association"

they show the CSA logo. so either

they are members (send the complaint)

or

they are invalidly showing the logo (so send a different complaint)

turns out they are members, search on CSA site gives

CSA Website

now what EXACTLY does their letter say ?

Sorry cant scan it until I'm back in work but here's what it says.

Our clients have instructed us to collect the above outstanding parking fine as you have ignored all previous correspondence.

As you were the registered keeper held by the DVLA at the time of the offence then you are liable for the outstanding debt.

Failure to pay this fine immediately could lead to legal proceeding being issued against you.

Then it just lists payment details.

Absolute cobblers from JB

check the CSA code of practice, report them to the CSA for violating inter aliai, the CSA's CoP, for violating The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 No. (mutiple sections) and suspicion of violating Fraud Act 2006 (c. 35) - Statute Law Database (section 2) and for clearly having no demonstrable knowledge or understanding of contract law. Copy your letter to the CSA to Trading Standards for the locale of JB's office.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i got a ticket for parking in a private car park, but the sign did not state this, it said to be used for customers shopping in this area and did not say what shops "owned" the car park, i appealed and it was turned down :( and now i have a letter from a dept collection company saying they are going to send this on for court action if i dont pay £185, will this go to court? i took a pic of the sign and kept it on my computer, will i just ignore this dept collection company? will they come to my door? i live in scotland and i am not sure how these are dealt with here. :(

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i just got a letter from Graham White Solicitors, the letter was signed from Michael Sobell, the adress on the letter is

Micheal Sobel Solicitor, Manor House, Lavender Park Road, West Blyfleet, Surrey, KT14 6ND. with Graham White headed paper.

they are saying they are going to take me to small claims court for a minimum of £170 and says it will effect my credit for 5 years. i am not sure what to do now.

can anyone help?

thanks