14 Services -Private Parking Ticket- Do I pay???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

14 Services are at it again and its almost become laughable. I am an owner of an underground parking space in Deanery Road Bristol. I have a useless piece of card which claims to be a parking permit and keeps slipping off my dash. 14 Services have changed their parking tickets yet again and last night put up New Signs in the middle of the night and then ticketed half a dozen cars.

Im not going to pay, since I am the authorised user of the parking space, I dont want 14 services even near my car and I really dont care who uses my parking space as long as they ask me. Do i have any rights to tell them to GTF! How can they justify fining me £75 thats £75 for not displaying a pass in a space which is already paid for by me.

Questions.

1) Who makes up these prices and whats the money for?

2) What authority do these folk have to fine me anyway?

3) Who runs the company and is he actually licenced. I read about George Cox but is he the man.

4) If hes not licenced, and the original contract was with CPN then surely you just cant change your name and work to that contract if the original company went into liquidation.

5) If they arent legit then surely them being there is trespassing as they have no right to enforce anything.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How can they justify fining me £75 thats £75 for not displaying a pass in a space which is already paid for by me.

They don't have to justify anything to anybody. It's a random figure.

1) Who makes up these prices and whats the money for?

The ticketing company. The money is pure profit, with the landowner getting a cut.

2) What authority do these folk have to fine me anyway?

Absolutely none. The landowner will have given them permission to go on his land though.

3) Who runs the company and is he actually licenced. I read about George Cox but is he the man.

No need for licenses. Anybody can set up a company and put unenforceable invoices on cars (if they're allowed on that piece of private land).

4) If hes not licenced, and the original contract was with CPN then surely you just cant change your name and work to that contract if the original company went into liquidation.

Probably not. But remember the whole thing is a [problem] anyway. Not much is above board.

If they arent legit then surely them being there is trespassing as they have no right to enforce anything.

Trespass would be a matter of whether they're allowed on the land. If you own your space outright, they're not allowed on it anyway.

They have no right to enforce anything anyway - the tickets are just junkmail. They rely on people being ignorant and paying up.

Check the paperwork you have about your parking space though. You might own the land, or you might lease from the building company. If you are the landowner, it could you in position where you could tell them to get lost and throw away the permit.

Cheers for the advice I dont own the space its rented I suppose but Im still the authorised person. I found this though.

14 services and 'Homeguard' share their office with the " British League of Patriots" and the "United British Front"

What next - Swastikas?

Incidentally The man in charge is none other than George Cox with a great big picture of his bald self " now blow me down" Might just let the tennents know who is supposedly policing them.

Edited by AUX

AND IT GETS WORSE

Elizabeth Placidly is his side kick, ALSO

George Cox runs the NAZI society called the "November the 9th Society"

Now bet the tennents are all happy that we've put Nazis to good use since the war!

60 Westbury Hill is the address for a mailbox company. I suspect that a lot of companies have an address there.

Mail Boxes Etc. UK and Ireland

I didn't think that the BPA allowed mail drop addresses in their code of practice so they are not complying, not that it seems to make any difference.

Is it permitted by companies house?

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

needs to be the registered office address if I remember correctly. check on Companies House website. If they have failed then report them to Companies House Compliance. especially so if their returns are overdue :)

Its not really the mail address Im bothered about. Its the fact that whoever is allowing these people on site is directly funding the NAZI party. Now dont get me wrong, unauthorised parkers should have someone go after them but Im sure you wouldnt give Adolf Hitler the key to your premises. Why not let the KKK run the laundry service.

60 Westbury Hill is the address for a mailbox company. I suspect that a lot of companies have an address there.

Is it permitted by companies house?

Short answer is No.

"All companies must have a registered office: it is the 'home' of the company to which all official documents, notices and court papers have to be sent. The address must be a physical location, not just a post office box. This is because people have the right to visit your office to inspect certain registers and documents, and to deliver documents by hand."

Source: Companies house guidance

IMV reporting this to companies house compliance section will result in them getting a slap on the wrist at the very least and quite possibly a fine and other sanctions as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not really the mail address Im bothered about. Its the fact that whoever is allowing these people on site is directly funding the NAZI party. Now dont get me wrong, unauthorised parkers should have someone go after them but Im sure you wouldnt give Adolf Hitler the key to your premises. Why not let the KKK run the laundry service.

I doubt there is any connection between the Nazi party and 14 services at all. All that is happening is that their mail is going to a PO Box number at the same address, as is the mail of several other companies as well. You're reading far too much into the shared address.

Short answer is No.

"All companies must have a registered office: it is the 'home' of the company to which all official documents, notices and court papers have to be sent. The address must be a physical location, not just a post office box. This is because people have the right to visit your office to inspect certain registers and documents, and to deliver documents by hand."

Source: Companies house guidance

IMV reporting this to companies house compliance section will result in them getting a slap on the wrist at the very least and quite possibly a fine and other sanctions as well.

Interesting answer. This is taken from Mail Boxes etc terms and conditions of use for po box hire.

Where the Customer elects to use the Mailbox service address provided by the Company as the Registered Address at Companies House, for the Customer‟s business, the Customer will provide all statutory information, including full names and addresses of company directors, in order to comply with Companies House requirements. For this service the Customer will pay an annual Registered Company Address Fee

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

• 5 weeks later...

Guys, I have an update on 14 Services.

Previously when I received their ticket (see above) I initially sent a copy to Bristol Council Parking Services Dept to check it out. Of course, they confirmed that it was not a council issued ticket, but it seems that they also referred the matter on to Trading Standards, who contacted me to get the full picture. The TSO I spoke to seemed to think that 14 are breaking a number of trading laws and he has gone away to investigate further. We also have a free legal advice helpline through work - on contacting them they suggested that stating legislation on their ticket that does not apply could be considered to be attempted extortion by 14 Services, which is obviously a criminal matter. This is getting interesting now !

Good work!

TFT:D

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

thats the way to do it when a PPC claims TMA or RTA or RTRA statutory 'powers' .

14 services breaking many statutes including criminal offences.

If Trading Standards are up to snuff they should get convictions.

When you talk to Trading Standards it may be worth asking them about use of the Proceeds of Crime Act. :) :)

• 9 months later...

For Mr 14Services, my advice is

14 have no legal powers to demand anything, information, issue fines.

Advice

Do not contact do not pay, dont worry cos they are [problem] artists but the rub is, they aint very good at wot they do.

Give them the churchill Salute.

And ger on wi thilife.

my friend got stung by these when visiting me in my apartment, no visiting spaces so just parked outside in a carpark bit which is off road and has no signs. The only sign is on the way in, on a street lamp (and it's about well out of normal driving view) i.e. no signs anywhere in the actual carpark bit. How has it panned out for people ignoring them before? What letters have come?

p.s sorry for the slight double post, this topic has more activity.

Their tickets have changed somewhat now, and look a bit more like genuine tickets (no time stamp though?) - i'll put some pics up in the morning and george cox now has a valid license.

TC's are online at http://www.car-park-enforcement.co.uk/PCNTermsConditions.html

A link to one of their signs which sit about 8 foot off the ground on street lamps http://www.car-park-enforcement.co.uk/Signage.html

Edited by jc2005

• 3 weeks later...

Quick tip, anyone visting Lime kiln road especialy Capricorn place might as well park in the layby next to the gates, the double yellows mean nothing as the land is currently owned by Crest (which they have confirmed) my car was left there recently for two weeks after the keys where stolen (red Ford KA) and i had no tickets etc. as sods law would occur i now have a permit through for the visitor parking in the flats themselves now!

I was also taken to court by a 14 services and ordered to pay £200... but then i had 6 tickets....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all

Any word on what these guys 14 services are at? They gave me a fine for parking in my allocated space because my pass wasn't 'clearly on display'- it had fallen from the dash to the floor, although could still be seen. I appealed on this basis which of course was rejected ( and my fine increased to £150 due to failure to pay). The letter then said I could pay 55 if I paid within 10 days so I thought I would just get rid of them but when i called to make the payment they said it was still 150 and the letter was a clerical error.

The woman (no name, apparently none of them have names) said to scan and send the letter to them and that if it said that then I could pay 55 and the person responsible would be disciplined. I thought great that'll be the end of it- called today to get a fax number as I dont have access to a scanner, and some guy gave me a torrent of abuse, called me stupid/ idiot/ told me I had to pay or the bailiffs would be at my door etc so I asked to speak to a supervisor and got a blanket no. Eventually had to hang up.

My friend, a solicitor, called to speak to someone in complaints and they wouldn't put him through, or give a name, but he got a call back; during which they wouldn't confirm the name of the company/ registered company number/ contact address or anything.....

Not sure what to do now- any advice would be great! ( after reading this, it seems like I shouldn't be paying them anything....)

well the good news it is NOT A FINE its an enenforcable invoice

you dont owe they anything

its a mail [problem], but they wont admit it

you will get all silly threats from then , kidnap your kips , sell yuor dog to the local chinese takeaway etc

and baliffs cant call, not till it goes to court ( these [problematic] avoid courts their case wont stand up to a challenge ) but if they did you have to loose , and not pay within 28 days and only then can they send baliffs

so next thing is 3 rules

1) IGNORE

2) IGNORE SOME MORE

3) GO TO 1

READ THE 1000'S OF POST REGARDING Private Parking Co's and the [problem]

hi kiptower

thanks for the reply- quick question, i've been reading a lot about how these pcn's are not enforceable but no1 really explains why this is the case-- why are they not enforceable, what grounding in law is this based on? why are their claims that they have this power not valid?

ta

charlie