Trading Standards siding with MBNA.. SHOCK , HORROR ??

Ioio21/07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a dispute with mbna who are in default after 41 days.

Having gone through all the various permutations of letter available and having received back a brand new copy of their t`s and c`s I reported them to Essex Trading Standards.

At first TS were right behind me "debt unenforceable" etc etc but today they sent me an email saying that if mbna take me to court, the court could find in their favour even though mbna cannot supply a cca. Something to do with an "established debt" and that a court may find in their favour ??? Whats going on ??

My understanding is that without a cca they cannot START court action and that the whole point of asking for the cca id to establish if there IS a valid account. Given that MBNA have asked me if I would like to register a card with them as there is not one registered aginst my name at the moment ( ????) it seems an obvoius answer.

Are Ts talking out of their backsides, I hope so, this business has frazzled my nerves enough as it is.

Ioio, no work for me to go, I got the sack, cos the economy`s slack Ioio !!:-x

When was the account taken out?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Rory probably around 1998. Why am I getting a bad feeling about this ?? I thought that the absence of a cca was total defence ?? I have asked for evidence of any purchase I am supposed to have made but so far nothing ??

I have also made it clear that if they can provide me with ANY evidence that I have made a purchase delivered to my home or with my signature on it I will honour the agreement. But nothing !!

TS seem to be confusing themselves (probably by not actually reading the Act). The 2006 Act did repeal s127(3) whereby a court may not make an enforcement order unless an agreement itself containing all the prescribed terms is signed by the debtor/hirer. This repeal however was not retrospective so if you entered into an agreement under the 1974 Act (which you did) then s127(3) still applies to your agreement.

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

in addition to what rory said - although not applicable to you - if the agreement was signed AFTER the 2006 act came into force, they would still NEED a signed CCA form to enforce.

They cannot enforce what they dont have.

• Haha 1

Thanks guys. Im at the stage now where Im just waiting for it to get REALLY nasty. How can it be that this law exists but they dont seem to have to obey it except as a very last resort ?? I will update you as and when it happens.

I will try and make sure I keep you all up to date; so many threads petre out and you`re left wondering what happened.

hiya and good luck with this, am subscribing too

to see if between us all we can make something finally stick and get ts to understand the law they are supposed to help us consumers with

laters MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Superb Maz.

Either there is a law or there is not. Its Black and White. You cannot steal, murder etc etc and everyone understands that law. There are millions of us who are being intimidated by companies that literally dont care if we live or die. So lets do something about it and get these B****** sorted. I have letters from MBNA and Intrum Justitia saying "sorry no cca" so that means they have been STEALING form me. Thats not MY law, that was made by other people far, far brighter than me .. fine the law is the law.... I want my money back !!

I notice that on all the so called consumer programmes on tv, no one has mentioned cca`ing as an option. Could this be because they dont want people to know about it ??

Conspiracy theory ?? - You bet !!

hiya Ioio21/07

well i was actually referred to fos by my local standards as they couldnt read what i was sent, but they seemed interested enough but i will follow through on the fos and then go back to my local ts with the outcome, im not going to let go but time is of course of the essence, so maybe we need to get a bit of lowdown and pointers from an ex employee,

brb to give the link on that thread for you to glance over and see if it can help

see below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/129987-i-used-work-mbna.html

laters maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

OMG you couldnt make it up could you ?? My last letter to MBNA was signed for today so lets see what happens now. Any developments your side - let me know ??

hiya

well im surprised that ive had letter off mbna suggesting as im in financial difficulties they can get a plan for me or even wait for it a settlement figure and put part settlement on cra file,,,,,

but only if i reply quickly,,,,

dare i say this is a tactic or just genuine concern that they dont have an enforceable agreement as at the moment what they have sent me is inlegible

laters maz;)

BTW can anyone give me some advice about charging orders ?? MBNA have no agreement with me on file and have admitted this in writing. Am I right in my beleif that they cannot get a charging order unless I am in default of a CCJ and they cant get a CCJ if there is no agreement ??? I ve been reading about this in another thread and Im worried and confused about it.

hiya

well im surprised that ive had letter off mbna suggesting as im in financial difficulties they can get a plan for me or even wait for it a settlement figure and put part settlement on cra file,,,,,

dare i say this is a tactic or just genuine concern that they dont have an enforceable agreement as at the moment what they have sent me is inlegible

laters maz;)

Im pretty sure they are just hoping that you will drop your self in the brown stuff by making a voluntary offer. In my case they have even asked me to register the alleged card with them as I dont have a card registered and they dont have a copy of the agreement AND cant find my original t`s and c`s OR provide me with a full account summary !!

Im pretty sure they are just hoping that you will drop your self in the brown stuff by making a voluntary offer. In my case they have even asked me to register the alleged card with them as I dont have a card registered and they dont have a copy of the agreement AND cant find my original t`s and c`s OR provide me with a full account summary !!

well, i no longer surprised by this outfit anymore, anything is possible

so you continue as you are - have they asked you to morally still pay ?

or yet given option of a voluntary payment

laters maz

Maz: It was your thread I was looking at about charging orders LOL !! What chance to mba have of getting one without any evidence of an agreement ??

well, i no longer surprised by this outfit anymore, anything is possible

so you continue as you are - have they asked you to morally still pay ?

or yet given option of a voluntary payment

laters maz

I told them that I was prepared to pay and would honour the agreement until such time as they were unable to prove that an agreement existed. They have written to me to tell me that they have no agreement on file but have warned me that they will take action if I stop paying. TOUGH !! no agreement no money !! Its just this charging order business that worries me.

hiya

laters maz;)

Angel, be very careful about accepting an MBNA "offer" of part settlement. They will snatch any partial payment and sell on the balance.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

MBNA are one of if not the worst bunch of crooks around.

Their latest little ruse is adding a cut and paste column of prescribed terms to old agreements that would otherwise have been unenforceable. I know mine are forgeries and will fight them to the bitter end. Would love to prove this bunch of crooks guilty of fraud.

Hi Ioio re your question about charging orders- They would have to take you to court first to get a CCJ- IF you default on payment THEN they could apply for a charging order- A very, very long way off. If you have been told there is no agreement then IMHO they would struggle at court to get a CCJ. Hope this answers your question:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Thanks fedup I really think thats its time we exposed these horrible people for what they are Why does this law exist at all if they have a carte blanche to walk all over it Does this mean that everything we`ve been told about the law is false ?? Does this mean I really CAN walk into Dixons and march out with a 72" telly because I dont think the law applies to me ?? Is it OK if I pop the next person who upsets me on the nose because Im above the law ?? It certainly seems that way.

Why doesnt the law itself come down like a ton of bricks on these **** ?? Has anyone ACTUALLY got their money back that this pondlife has illegally taken from them. If the boot was on he other foot I`ll bet the law would be falling over itself to get money back from US to give to THEM.

Have you not had the line-"We are an American based company" yet? For some reason they think that they can make up there own rules and regs and nobody will question them because most people are too terrified by their threats. Fortunately a lot of people are finding sites like this and are now biting them on the ass:D I will never again be threatened by this cowboy outfit. They sold my debt to a company after sending me an application form for a CCA request. I had this other co on the phone yesterday- it was really funny cos I was sympathising with them that they had been sold a duffer. The chap didn't know what to say when I told them all I had received was the application and went on about my rights- he kept saying I will go and clarify- can I ring you back- he rung 5 times in an hour!! I was quite happy to talk to them on this occasion cos I called the shots. That is the way to go with these bullies like MBNA- stand up for yourself and they hate it. I am now not paying them anything:D and they won't get another penny. The way MBNA are acting, hopefully it's only a matter of time before they are screwed over by the relevant authorities, although they are certainly taking their time. Keep your chin up and don't let the bar stewards get you down. You have lots of support here.:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

MBNA are one of if not the worst bunch of crooks around.

Their latest little ruse is adding a cut and paste column of prescribed terms to old agreements that would otherwise have been unenforceable. I know mine are forgeries and will fight them to the bitter end. Would love to prove this bunch of crooks guilty of fraud.

Too right underdog!! Now MBNA have written back to me today saying they do not have to supply a copy of the agreement, they WILL continue to harass me by phone and WILL record a default against me if I continue to not pay. Ive reported them to TS, OFT and FOS. Is there a letter I should send them or just ignore them ??