Lloyds TSB

tessisme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

What are the guidelines for telephone calls from say for example Lloyds Credit card? I was called 10 times in one day then 6 the following. Also they called twice on a Sunday. Messages galore have been left now my mobile is switched off and when my home phone rings I see the number I pull the plug.

If you can't buy a Bible on a Sunday but you can collect debts?

Think you should send the 'cease harrassment' letter. The template is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Have you ever sent for a CCA on this account to check it is enforceable? If not, suggest you do so ; if they cannot produce it you can put the account in dispute & withold payments if you choose to do so. Post back if you need further info on this.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Debt Collection Guidelines 8.30 am 9.00 pm Monday-Friday, 8.30 to 4.00 pm Saturday. 9.00 am to 1.00 pm Sunday.

I think I've got these times right. My daughter received one at. 6.15 on a Sunday once and I asked what he thought he was doing ring this time on a Sunday as he was breaking debt collection guidelines, he hung up. I complained to my local TS and also OFT about them. If you have spoken to them in one day that should be enough, however, if you are not answering the calls maybe a different matter. I would send the Harassment letter anyhow.

Thanks for that - where did you get the information from as I was under the impression that you cannot collect debts on a Sunday as its the Lords day. You can't buy a Bible on a Sunday but you can buy a newspaper... there must be something written somewhere about it.

You can't buy a Bible on a Sunday but you can buy a newspaper... there must be something written somewhere about it.

I can't put my hand on the document at the moment but I am pretty sure it comes from the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines. I am sure though that they can call upto 1.00 pm on a Sunday.

I think you may be looking for the provisions of the Shops Act (1950?) & the Sunday Trading Act 1994, tessisme, although if you were to buy a Bible through one of the 'permitted' outlets that would be permissable. Maybe your 'bible & newsapapers' recall came from before the 1994 Act when bookshops wouldn't have been allowed to trade on a Sunday.

I am not aware of specific permissable times for debt collection although I know the OFT Guidance does not permit it at 'unreasonable' times. If you can find the ref. for the actual times surprise, can you post it up please?

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.