• Tweets

• Thank you BankFodder. I will do as you suggest to get everything in writing first and will construct the letter of claim over the weekend. Is it best to use the format for the letter of claim as the one on this website? Lastly, did I read the judgement correctly for the Farooq judgement as its not quite clear to me which act I am covered best by?
    • A letter of claim can't be served by email as per CPR 6.3 unless you've specifically told them. Also can't give you 7 days to pay, they've got to give at least 14 days. They know this, they're just hoping you wet yourself and cough up. This won't be going anywhere. IGNORE.
    • Good Morning, I received a speeding ticket last December, I had requested further information from the ticket office which they provided, I also sent back the form confirming i was the diver at the time, however, i had overlooked the signature at the bottom of the page, nobody from the ticket office got back in touch to mention this and i was trying to book a course with no luck, I got in touch with them and sent them a screenshot showing them I was unable to book the course, they came came back to me and said we have no documents to say you were the driver (they did they just failed to mention I never signed it) they re sent the form and it was over the 120 days, i had mentioned to them previously that the timeframe was coming up and they would need to extend this. They are now saying they have complied legally and i need to accept the 3 points, I am trying to plead my case and I am tempted to let this go to court and provide the evidence of my constant communication on the matter. has anyone got any experience with this? TIA.
    • Thank you. I'm looking into it at the moment.  Straight away it says last sold in 2007. Thank you every one for all your help. It's much appreciated. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bank of Scotland terminated without default notice and without claiming full balance, Blair, Oliver Scott DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya all

thanks milly, appreciated they better not turn up again or next time, i will be waiting with some of my boys ,,,,:cool::cool:

hey lexis now you said fraud,,,,etc

did anyone see the panorama prog was it last night, only got the end of it, i cant remember fully a lady from the fraud team and talking about banks and illegalites - will come back to me, just wondered connection here thats what may be remember bits of it from last night

anyway im off to bed,,, will catch up with you laters

oh yeah milly you imagined it right door and letter box,,,,what did my nice neighbours think ,,,,:lol::lol::lol:

laters dudes keep positive angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey lexis now you said fraud,,,,etc

I said no such thing, I was just coughing. I would never suggest such a professional company would indulge in anything like that:p:rolleyes:

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Hi MMM - wow!!! How did you get copies of the e-mails?? I am in same position - they deny account is terminated - yet they have put it in writing twice!!!

I have had same letter from Yvonne Sneddon saying ">>>> do not agree account is terminated..." they now also say that there are no historic terms and conditions available.

I would be interested to know what you requested as further information to your SAR - I have had my SAR but nothing on it about termination - any ideas please. - cleo

Hiya Cleo,

Have Pm'd you.

milly X

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Hiya All,

Yes I cannot believe some of the information that was provided on my further request. I didnt even know aout the emails. Me thinks the Data controller assistant who dealt with me {on the telephone too!!!] must of felt a bit sorry for me:D

I am going to now send in a letter concerning the completely cr*p signed agreement received in my s.a.r and the 'false' one. The fact about the non existent DN, termination and that also on top of the other things now completely unenforceable by section 127 [3] of the cca act as mine was from jan 2002. I will also mention the fact [on the moral side of things] that the debt had been fully repaid as well over the years and that they had also gained interest.

Milly XXX

;);)heya milly

once i get my sars if i ever do, but then the tick is ticking,,,,, i will get in touch ref anything i dont quite understand i think you are now - well i name you Queen of Sars :cool:

lexis, you really ought to get that cough checked out ,,,,,,, and me what was i possibly thinking of fraud,,,,oh dear, Mcanroe (cant spell, tennis player, perhaps even got the name wrong,,,) would say ""You Cant be Serious"!

underdog,,oh i feel fantastic today, just waiting on the court papers now:rolleyes:

but like cleo , although im still waiting with bated breath on my sars - i may be asking you to councel me on getting further info;)

off to update stuff see you laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

phone log

3rd march

5.10pm

5.42pm

7.58pm

8.30pm

4thmar

5.05pm

7.51pm

8.22pm

5th mar

8.08am

8.40am

5.10pm

5.40pm

7.14pm

7.45pm

6th mar

8.05am

8.36am

12.27pm

1.02pm

4.54pm

5.24pm

7.25pm

7.56pm

7 mar

8.50am

9.21am

1.50pm

2.21pm

9th mar

8.05am

8.36am

5.31pm

6.01pm

6.34pm

7.58pm

8.29pm

Letter sent today regarding agrrement;)

milly XX

milly

how the hell are you so patient in noting all those calls down, they are really concerned they cannot get to speak with you

im considering truecall appliance just checking with my phone provider if i can have caller id thus once ive got that, its all go,,, know its about 97.50 to buy and if you let cag know the invoice no they will send out further info to you and get manuscript ready for court action or defence or harrasment;) take a peek at the recording devices,

also milly did you mention about a few weeks ago about a legal book you were reading about default notices etc, or was it perhaps cleo?

i cant find the post it was linked on, gave info on the authors etc

keep up the good work, laters guys off to post office:cool:

angel x

milly

how the hell are you so patient in noting all those calls down, they are really concerned they cannot get to speak with you

im considering truecall appliance just checking with my phone provider if i can have caller id thus once ive got that, its all go,,, know its about 97.50 to buy and if you let cag know the invoice no they will send out further info to you and get manuscript ready for court action or defence or harrasment;) take a peek at the recording devices,

also milly did you mention about a few weeks ago about a legal book you were reading about default notices etc, or was it perhaps cleo?

i cant find the post it was linked on, gave info on the authors etc

keep up the good work, laters guys off to post office:cool:

angel x

Hi hun:)

The phone does it for me:D By the way out of interest they are very sneaky with their addresses as I have phoned royal mail concerning a special delivery that should of een delivered before 1 to this address:

Bank of Scotland

Customer relations

PO Box 29112

dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

and its being redirected:rolleyes:

Royal Mail said the bank of scotland are being sneaky by giving a FALSE address. they will get a sig from the redirected one though;) I said you don't know the half of it mate about being false:-D

It was me by the way about the ook the two books I have 6th {covers section 127 [3] ]as it is dated 2003 and the new edition out now are called

Consumer law and Practice by Geoffrey Woodruffe and Robert Lowe.

Fantastic as contains all info that you'd want to know. It says they have to allow for service and give an example.i.e if posted on the 1st allowing 1 day, Default Notice should be 15th, obviously it is therefore CRUCIAL that envelopes are kept as it will be proof if 1st class, 2nd class and the like.

Milly XX

;);)heya milly

once i get my sars if i ever do, but then the tick is ticking,,,,, i will get in touch ref anything i dont quite understand i think you are now - well i name you Queen of Sars :cool:

lexis, you really ought to get that cough checked out ,,,,,,, and me what was i possibly thinking of fraud,,,,oh dear, Mcanroe (cant spell, tennis player, perhaps even got the name wrong,,,) would say ""You Cant be Serious"!

underdog,,oh i feel fantastic today, just waiting on the court papers now:rolleyes:

but like cleo , although im still waiting with bated breath on my sars - i may be asking you to councel me on getting further info;)

off to update stuff see you laters angel x

will be collecting my sars this week - had notification of special delivery - will keep you posted

The phone does it for me:D By the way out of interest they are very sneaky with their addresses as I have phoned royal mail concerning a special delivery that should of een delivered before 1 to this address:

Bank of Scotland

Customer relations

PO Box 29112

dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

Royal Mail said the bank of scotland are being sneaky by giving a FALSE address. they will get a sig from the redirected one though;) I said you don't know the half of it mate about being false:-D

It was me by the way about the ook the two books I have 6th {covers section 127 [3] ]as it is dated 2003 and the new edition out now are called

Fantastic as contains all info that you'd want to know. It says they have to allow for service and give an example.i.e if posted on the 1st allowing 1 day, Default Notice should be 15th, obviously it is therefore CRUCIAL that envelopes are kept as it will be proof if 1st class, 2nd class and the like.

Milly XX

Hi - will try to get this book - re: default notices - does it say anything about public holidays being included in the fourteen days - or if remedy date is a public holiday?

thanks

cleo

Bank of Scotland

Customer relations

PO Box 29112

dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

Milly XX

hiya milly

Wonderful,,,thanks,,,,i think i will now invest in that book,,,cos if i went to court,,, then i can take my book with me tooo,,,well it shows ive investigated for myself too the law of the land:D

Wouldnt that be funny if you could offer the councel the book to look for themselves? With judges permission of course,,,hehheheheh

hope you are okay by the way - catch up laters angel x:)

Cool cleo, re sars,,,well be very interesting im sure,,,,,:cool:

laters all angel x

Hiya all:)

letter sent special delivery after being redirected cos they provided a FALSE address has arrived!!!!:D

I did laugh as it says on the royal mail website: ' as the item was redirected, it will have taken longer than usual. Please ensure the correct address is used for future mailings.'

Ha that is brilliant as it confirms that the address Bank of Scotland are using a FALSE address!!

Such a trustful banking organisation wouldnt try and deceive now would they:p!!!

10th march

5.03pm

5.34pm

7.19pm

7.50pm

11th march

8.07am

8.43am

5.05pm

5.39pm

12th march

8.40am

9.12am

4.48pm

5.18pm

7.13pm

7.52pm

Edited by millymollymoo
call update

Right they received my letter yesterday before 10.01am and in it was this exerpt to Bank of Scotland:

, as your campaign to cause me distress has been stepped up since you have gained this knowledge and wonder really what your intentions are towards my wellbeing and have received between 30th January and to the date of this letter a total of 143 calls timed at half hour intervals, silent and on automatic dial up.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well now I know its INTENTIONAL and that they are trying to cause me harm as the onslaught has continued today. A FULL report on HARRASSMENT is going to the OFT and the police as they quite clearly have been asked to stop and they are FULLY AWARE that they have NO ENFORCEABLE agreement.

Milly X

calls today 13th march:

8.14am

8.47am

5.12pm

5.42pm

SO A TOTAL OF 162 calls!!!

Edited by millymollymoo
added calls

hiya milly

my god they are toads in the hole i think now,,,, yougo and get them,,,pls dont let this stress get to you in anyway

have you got a recording machine my god so many calls!!

by the way did you have to complete a form when you sent your sars info, some form asking me to clarify what i want and to sign it now has arrived today

keep positive gal

catch up laters angel x:)

hiya milly

my god they are toads in the hole i think now,,,, yougo and get them,,,pls dont let this stress get to you in anyway

have you got a recording machine my god so many calls!!

by the way did you have to complete a form when you sent your sars info, some form asking me to clarify what i want and to sign it now has arrived today

keep positive gal

catch up laters angel x:)

I didnt receive a form to sign , but remember PRINT your name if you send it back.

I have sent you PM by the way:)

Milly XX

hiya milly yes ta muchly

yes will do,,,, thanks you take care hugs angel x

hey, milly I haven't read the whole thread from start to finsih but skimmed through. Those phone calls stink. Did OFCOM ever get back to you on that subject?

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

hey, milly I haven't read the whole thread from start to finsih but skimmed through. Those phone calls stink. Did OFCOM ever get back to you on that subject?

Hi all - cleo here - got my sars stuff for BOS mastercard - MMM - what do I need to look fro regarding tewrmination please??? thanks

Hi all - cleo here - got my sars stuff for BOS mastercard - MMM - what do I need to look fro regarding tewrmination please??? thanks

Hiya Cleo soz been offline.

Have alook atthis post I made in this thread and read down a bit:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/171374-bank-scotland-terminated-without.html#post1933396

Does your s.a.r have anything like that.

Have a look at your letter stating termination and the date and then try and go through the card services part and the collection part and look for anything similiar around that date that mentions anything like what I saw in mine. It shows SOMETHING was def happening.

Also I looked at the bank statements provided and there was PLAN MIGRATION on them {now this information WAS NOT printed on the original] this again shows they did something then deleted the plan then did it again. [All this was happening around the termination date]

They also on receipt of my letter concerning the termination reinserting statements to be sent.

Milly XX

Hiya Cleo soz been offline.

Have alook atthis post I made in this thread and read down a bit:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/171374-bank-scotland-terminated-without.html#post1933396

Does your s.a.r have anything like that.

Have a look at your letter stating termination and the date and then try and go through the card services part and the collection part and look for anything similiar around that date that mentions anything like what I saw in mine. It shows SOMETHING was def happening.

Also I looked at the bank statements provided and there was PLAN MIGRATION on them {now this information WAS NOT printed on the original] this again shows they did something then deleted the plan then did it again. [All this was happening around the termination date]

They also on receipt of my letter concerning the termination reinserting statements to be sent.

Milly XX

it says "inactive" - they have now replied to my letter which I sent disputing their denial of termination - they say in new letter it was NOT terminated and it is not at that stage yet, no defaults have been registered etc etc - they are not being honest - I have two letters in which it states agreement has been terminated??

Any site team who can help with this at all??? thanks

I think this needs to go to Trading Standards cleo.

They have categorically stated it's terminated (twice), so they can't undo that statement (twice).

Did you send them copies of these termination letters when you they said it had not been ended? What was the answer to that specific question if you did (I realise the gist was 'no we didn't', but did they answer that actual question?)

They simply can't retract something that they have put in writing twice, no matter how much they whinge that they didn't do it. Once could have been an administration error - but twice??

Lexis:)

• Haha 1

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.