lisence for sale of alcohol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Tony,

I am a current personal license holder, and I had to have a CRB check in order to apply for the license. The best advice that I can give you, is to call you local licensing officer within the council offices where you live and ask them. They will be able to tell you whether that offence would exclude you from getting a license.

My guess would be that you are going to be ok, as a great deal of time has passed.

Another route would be to contact a licensing consultant, here is a link to the guys who I got mine with. If you click on the contact part and maybe call Bill Donne, he is an authority on the subject, and I'm sure he would be able to help.

Good luck!

What I would add is to be up-front with it.

You can be certain that during the checking process, they will find it and might be a bit iffy if you have tried to conceal it.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

They WILL find it. Be honest with them and show that you are a person wh is fit to hold a license.

Have you looked at the regulations and requirements for applications? TS and licensing are hot on things like underagre sales and antisocial behaviour linked to alcohol. You will need to have a fairly decent plan put together.

My wife has just got her alcohol license today and it says on there that driving convictions will not be taken into consideration unless it included drink driving,drug abuse. So i think you will be ok but as everyone here has said declare it.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

If it's not a violent or dishonest crime, you've no problems at all. If it's related to alcohol they sit you down and "talk" about it and assess you.

With your traffic offence - don't even worry about it.

By the way - do disclosure scotland and not CRB, have it sent to yourself, you may find that it's not even on there after 10 years. (if it is you may as well disclose it)

REMEMBER - YOU ONLY HAVE 30 DAYS TO SEND IT TO COUCIL THOUGH!!!!

Biiab certificate lasts for years though.

I have PL and was a complete p*ss head when i was in my teens - plenty of drunk and incapable's to my name. Still got PL.

I was a licensing officer until Feb this year speialist subject LA2003. Your offences should be spent now and if so may not be taken into consideration even if they show on your disclosure. Agree that you need to use Disclosure Scotland for a crb and you only require a basic one which can be applied for online, most authorities say it is only valid for 28 days from day of issue not 30. If any offences shown are spent then the authority have no option but to issue the licence, the Police can only have a say if there are unspent convictions.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Just another quick comment a licensing consultant will cost you money and they are most are not experts the application form is not rocket science to complete and as long as you have the correct paperwork there will not be a problem. There is no need to tell the LA anything, I used to issue licences while people waited if they had made an appointment. its not like the old justices licences its very strightforward.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.