lloyds credit card have helped themselves

whipsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My CC account was handed to Collections but that didn`t stop them helping themselves to £740 out of my current account.

I was livid and yes they have done it before. I phoned up and insisted they had no right to take it upon themselves to overide my financial priorities (my wife and kids).

They replied that they`d put the money back into my current account but would take 7-10 days (unbelievable).

Well ....... it actually took 22 days to get the money back .

Thieves.

• 2 weeks later...

Terrible, isn't it? :sad:

In my case they took money from my bank account to pay for the credit card, but I didn't know they were going to do this, the bank account funds were promised elsewhere, and then they charged me unplanned overdraft fees. I was furious.

Needless to say I never use that debit account anymore.

Lloyds have helped themselves to money from my current account to pay my loan account on 2 occasions leaving me in the s**t both times. I have complained to the Ombudsman and am awaiting an adjudicating officer to investigate. Apperently, leaving a customer in financial hardship is grounds for complaint. Will report back with any outcome....

Had a similar thing this morning. Cancelled DD for Lloyds loan to come out of my current account and I didn't pay on 1 December as I didn't have the money they then they took the amount when my account when into credit a couple of weeks later. I phoned them and they are returning the payment as it deprives me of being able to pay priority debts and they have now set me up a payment play for next six months at a tenth of my original payment and apparently its interest free. Gives me a bit of breathing space to sort out other creditors in the meantime!

Lloyds have helped themselves to money from my current account to pay my loan account on 2 occasions leaving me in the s**t both times. I have complained to the Ombudsman and am awaiting an adjudicating officer to investigate. Apperently, leaving a customer in financial hardship is grounds for complaint. Will report back with any outcome....

Crikey I had the same thing!!! They took money out of my account and left me with no money to pay DD's that were going out the same week. Plus they hound me on daily basis on the phone!

• 2 weeks later...

Similar has happened to my friend. She gets a letter today to say there were insufficient funds to pay her mortgage, even though she thought she had left enough there.

Turns out they paid the mortgage, then (somehow? is THIS legal?) stopped that payment to award themselves their charges.

The mortgage was due the 31st Dec, the bank charges the 3rd Jan.

(Sorry, not sure if I should have started a new thread on this)

Rip x

• 1 month later...

Hi had the same problem TWICE the money got taken out-Nov and DEC 2008-they refunded the first one in the 7-10 day period then said they couldnt refund the second one as they only do it once- even though i had no money left for food after essential bills in December(yeh it was a crap christmas)- i have changed banks in the meantime it just took longer than i thought to set up thanks to LTSB- i have an overdraft now left with tsb where they are adding on unauthorised fees to it each month for the amount as i cant reduce it gradually or they will take the charges for the cards again!! i have to pay it off in one go-so how??

Hi, subscribing as we are having long term battle with LTSB after they allowed Greenflag to take money out of OH's account using an expired debit card. At the time Greenflag were somehow connected to LTSB and OH had agreed to pay in £50 a month to clear the O/D which was all charges anyway, and as soon as he paid the money in it was paid to Greenflag using the debit card. If we had tried to use the card it would have been rejected. We have a file full of letters and the matter has never been explained to us satisfactorily, and needless to say we did not pay any more money into the account.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Crikey I had the same thing!!! They took money out of my account and left me with no money to pay DD's that were going out the same week. Plus they hound me on daily basis on the phone!

I would recommend that you complainin to the Ombudsman too, i have been assured that whilst it is within in their terms and conditions that they have the right to move money from one account to another (seriously underhand imo) they they should NOT leave you in financial difficulty.

Send them the telephone harrassment letter too, tell them you will only communicate by letter.

Similar has happened to my friend. She gets a letter today to say there were insufficient funds to pay her mortgage, even though she thought she had left enough there.

Turns out they paid the mortgage, then (somehow? is THIS legal?) stopped that payment to award themselves their charges.

The mortgage was due the 31st Dec, the bank charges the 3rd Jan.

(Sorry, not sure if I should have started a new thread on this)

Same thing, i have been assured by the Ombudsman that they take a very dim view of this.

Hi had the same problem TWICE the money got taken out-Nov and DEC 2008-they refunded the first one in the 7-10 day period then said they couldnt refund the second one as they only do it once

That's nonsense, they can do it, they have done it twice in my case and refunded it (after i demanded it and told them what the Ombudsman had said about leaving customers in financial difficulty)

Hi

HSBC did this to my oh, we complained to the fos and then the bank refunded most of what they had taken after we had faxed proof of our priority debts. the bank reacted very quickly after the fos contacted them. different bank I know but i thought it might be useful to know.

regards

cas

Well that was very interesting and contained some useful quotes regarding banks use of "right of set off"...

Tony Herbert, Social Policy Advisor at Citizens Advice Bureau says: "We are calling on the banks to adhere to the banking code, to treat their customers fairly and put a stop to this practice"

better still....

Robert Skinner, chief executive of the Banking Code Standards Board says "The right of set off which is clearly a legal right the banks have, should not be used to the detriment of someones ability to pay priority creditors, for instance their mortgage or their council tax or indeed utility bills or leave enough for day to day living expenses"

You can listen to the whole programme here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/moneybox/