• Tweets

• Hello, I'm wondering if someone can advise me on something. I'm appealing an order and have been asked to submit an appeal bundle and the below points are required to be included: 1) transcript of the judgment of the lower court on other record of reasons.  2) Statement of case. I'm wondering if anyone knows that "on other record of reasons" means. Also for statement of case would it just be a long document covering the reason for the claim, the findings of the lower court, why it was wrong and what I seek instead?   Thanks,
    • Hello, Thanks for the advice. I asserted my rights to reject and they accepted it and said they will refund me the full amount.  My question now is how long do they usually take to collect the vehicle? I've made it clear that I'm available for them to collect it whenever and I've been told its been passed on to the collections team. I chased it up today as its also raining heavily at the moment.  I just wondered if anyone had any experience on how long they usually take to collect? I'd obviously like it collected as soon as possible as I need to purchase another car.  Is it likely they will drag on the process of collection and what can I do if they do?  Thanks!
    • Why are FCA’s “name and shame” proposals causing a stir?View the full article
    • I am coming back to this thread after receiving a Single envelope containing 2 letters: 1 from Max Recovery telling me that my account was transferred to Drydens Fairfax in 2007 1 from Drydens Fairfax telling me that they are under instruction from their client to seek repayment.   These relate to a Barclays Overdraft from the early 00s, last payment through PayPlan was 04 June 2019, but neither of the letters are from Barclays themselves.   I have informed Drydens in both May 2019 and June 2023 of changes of address. No letters beyond a confirmation of the change and a request for finanical details have been received, which ive ignored.   What i was wanting to know is do i just ignore these as per previous advice? I know that i cant CCA an overdraft debt but what is the usual "plan" for dealing with old overdraft debts? Am i trying to run the clock down until June 2025 when it becomes statue barred?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA/Restons claimform - old A+L Card **WON+COSTS**

fairbyblue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to follow on from robcag, hold fire on a response to MBNA.

If I remember correctly, you may have asked for the defaults to be removed from your credit file. Wait and see what the Court correspondence has to say about that part.

Just a little bit more ammo ...if they ever do come back.

Ah that looks like the franked mail at 36p is 1st class ....shame :mad:

Its ok cos i have the envelope covered with MBNA and dated 11/8/09 which makes service deemed 13/8/09 so the 3rd DN is defective.

I'm holding fire to post letter.:D

Hi FB

And now I got the costs cheque

cheque.jpg

Congratulations! :D

It reminds me of mine, only the numbers on yours are much better!

So no need to worry about Restons not coughing up, as it only made a tiny dent in their huge profits from unlawful collection charges etc. that they will have had from unsuspecting people who haven't yet found CAG. :evil:

Cheers

Rob

Hi FB

..... then you can mention why they had to discontinue and rub their noses in it about the fact that even if if it were possible to Default/Terminate you for a third time, their latest attempt at getting it right would have failed again due to them posting the letter the day after they allegedly produced it?

On second thoughts, maybe best not to alert MBNA to the reasons for the latest DN failing to comply (despite the fact that it is not possible to default and terminate a previously terminated account), as this basic mistake may help others in the future. ;)

Otherwise they might start allowing a longer time to rectify as standard (I've noticed some creditors specify 28 days for example).

Cheers

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Thread now re-opened.

Several posts have been edited in order to protect the Site.

Thanks. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

FBB do u have any further update on this plz

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just spent the past three hours reading the whole of this thread, and am delighted and amazed that you had the guts to stick it out to the bitter end! It reads like an adventure novel, I was sweating in places where you were just about to go to court!!! I was tempted to sneak to the last page to see what happened, but stuck it out like you had to. Well done indeed.

I thought the advice was brilliant, especially Banker Rhymes With .....I just hope I can stick it out like you did if it comes to that with my cases.

Hope you are still enjoying that fantastic feeling of freedom.

I've just spent the past three hours reading the whole of this thread, and am delighted and amazed that you had the guts to stick it out to the bitter end! It reads like an adventure novel, I was sweating in places where you were just about to go to court!!! I was tempted to sneak to the last page to see what happened, but stuck it out like you had to. Well done indeed.

I thought the advice was brilliant, especially Banker Rhymes With .....I just hope I can stick it out like you did if it comes to that with my cases.

Hope you are still enjoying that fantastic feeling of freedom.

Yes me too, langton, great innit :D

We'll just have to wait and see what they do next!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/214452-mbna-now-served-3rd.html[/quote

Just as a side issue - if a company issues a default notice when there is no default and the mistake is their's is there the possibility of a claim.

Just as a side issue - if a company issues a default notice when there is no default and the mistake is their's is there the possibility of a claim.

If it has been registered with the CRA's, yes.

See this ongoing thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/196312-invalid-default-notices.html

David

• 2 weeks later...

Yet the letter states outstanding balance is still owing - they wish....

Cant believe the rollercoasters you've been on for a long time now with this duo, having experience of them myself....and they still want to carry it on with you.....

Just to let you know I have been so interested in your threads and have them filed for future knowledge ...You've coped so well in all of this....and have admired you in your strength in all of this too....good work and keep it up giving them all they deserve!!!

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

now this is getting to be a pain.

Phone goes on works mobile (which should be off their system about 3 years ago)

MBNA "Hello its Amy from MBNA can i speak to fairbyblue"

FB "Dont know who your talking about"

MBNA "Its a personal matter can you tell mr fairbyblue to contact MBNA"

FB "I'm not him and dont know him so why are you ringing"

MBNA "Ok do you want me to take your number off the file then"

FB "Too right and dont phone me again"