Urgent help needed!!! I am totally innocent and am still being evicted. Please help

jaydee420
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I am an international student and took a loan from my father to support my living and education.

I rented an appartment back in february 2008 and paid a years advance to the landlord.

Hence I was supposed to be able to live here peacefully until feb 2009. Due to unpaid mortgages payments by the landlord the royal bank of scotland claimed this appartment and wants everything out.. even me!!!.

I wrote to eversheds llp ( legal agency supporting RBS) but they replied saying that their client(rbs) did not approve of the tenancy.

Even though I played all my moves correctly and did not break any law I dont want to pay for themistakes that the lardlord made.

I am told to fill out the N244 form but need some help to do so.

Please help me out I would be so grateful

Thank you

That sounds like your landlord had rented the property to you and not kept up mortgage repayments. As an occupier your don't have any legal rights to challenge the repossession as it is not your loan/mortgage.

Did you have a rental agreement that is signed and receipts for paying your rent for a year? That might be your only challenge that you can make to your landlord - but that would be a separate issue to this.

RBS/Eversheds will not release data to you about the loan/mortgage due to the data protection act so going to court to stop the repossession would be a bit pointless (its not your loan and you can not be held responsible.)

Keep forwarding these letters to your landlord (if necessary post them manually through his/her door.)

Has an eviction date been set?

thank you for the reply.

I do have the signed agreement and all the other supporting documents.

Even though I cannot stop the eviction I just want the eviction date to be postponed to a date after my tenancy ends i.e. after feb 2009.

Do I have any chance?

thank you so much for the information

and can u please tell me a few more things

it would be greatly appreciated:

what q4 really refers to?

what kind of judge should i be writing to district judge or a judge

I don't see how going to court to stop/delay the eviction using an N244 will help you.The eviction is for your landlord to sort out,he has no agreement with the lender for your tenancy.The mortgage is in his name?

Your only hope is that the repo is in the 1st few weeks,as it could take up to 12 weeks to evict.Get your landlord to put up some defense to give you more time.