MBNA - (Abbey & Virgin cards) CCA ??

guzzleguts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No GG, the clue is at the start of my witness statement (in reply to their witness statement) i.e. that it was intended to be read in conjunction with my defence, basically going over all the reasons why it wasen't enforceable.

Assuming that things progress as planned (without the addition of the SJ) when do you need to have your defence in by and do you have sufficient information at this stage to enter a full defence.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi gg,

Have a look through the data that was supplied from your Subject Access Request.

It should list all the financial details of your account in the "comms log" they should have included.

It should state when any documents were produced including when the DN's were sent, any statements or DN's produced for Sols and also when they charged off the account (set the balance to zero, in effect, termination).

If you haven't got a copy of this, give MBNA 7 days to produce or haul there backsides to court for non-compliance of the Subject Access Request by not producing manual intervention data.

• 2 weeks later...

Optima are proceeding with their sumary judgment to get my defence struck out, but can anyone tell me can a DN be used as a Termination Notice?

And do i now put in a full defence before their apply for SJ, any advice would be great.

GG

What defence did you put in?

If you put in a 'holding defence' while you waited for info, you can oppose any SJ on the basis that they haven't provided you with info you need to mount a defence.

If you didn't put ion a defence, why not and on what basis are they going for a SJ?

Hi steven

Yes i put in a good holding defence, stating that they hadnt supplied anything with the CPR request, and put them to strict proof thereof.

Since my holding defence they have supplied me with the same tear off agreement and invalid DN.

Their reason for going for an SJ is if i dont ring them with my payment proposal then they will apply to have my defence struck out and apply for summary judgment.

I did put in my holding defence that i politely ask the court to enter an amended defence at a later stage if and when CL Finance complied with my request.

GG

You could apply to have their case struck out under CPR 3.4(2)(a)

that the statement of case discloses no reasonable grounds for bringing or defending the claim;
since they have not provided a copy of an agreement enforceable by a court under s127(3) of the CCA 1974 and they did not sent a valid DN as required by ss87-88 of the CCA 1974.

Otherwise you could bef up your defence with some of pt2537's stuff sayong how hopeless their case is in the absence of a valid CCA and DN

Thanks again steven

Forgive my naivety but do i have apply to have it struck out under CPR 3.4 on An N244?

Or if i beef my defence up do i just send a full defence in with a covering letter to the court manager?

GG

Optima are proceeding with their sumary judgment to get my defence struck out, but can anyone tell me can a DN be used as a Termination Notice?

GG

Not sure I understand your question. Who wants to use it as a Termination Notice, you or the other side.

A default notice will normally say on it somewhere, that they will proceed to termination if you havent coughed up the dosh by the time they have stipulated.

If they havent sent you an independant TN, then the fact that they have issued a claim against you is sufficient notice of Termination. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You still need to point out the DN is defective and how, but I am pretty certain they cant claim the DN to be both. Even so, if the DN is defective then it is doubly defective as a TN :grin:

BCOBS

As steven has suggested im going to apply for the claim to be struck out ive filled in the N244 and copied all the relevant doc's and written the court manager a covering letter stating the reasons why im applying is there anything else i should do

Thanks CB

As steven has suggested im going to apply for the claim to be struck out ive filled in the N244 and copied all the relevant doc's and written the court manager a covering letter stating the reasons why im applying is there anything else i should do

Thanks CB

Yes, that seems a sensible action to take. In answer to your last question. I dont know, however, looks like you have sent it anyway :D Fingers crossed:)

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi steven, CB or anyone

My defence was processed on the 23rd April and my N244 was sent on the 14th may, i still havent heard anything yet, no AQ's not even a letter from the court acknowledging my N244, is this normal or are they that far behind?

GG