Capitol plus re: bank charges claim

Critical_mass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Am i right in thinking we're (us all) are still waiting to hear the outcome of the banks appeal to the test case?

I ask because after not hearing anything for a while since hearing the banks are appealing to the outcome of the test case ie the decision the charges are unfair. I had a phone call yesterday from a company called Capitol Plus

Edit, they said that the banks are legally obliged to pay you your charges, i would not hear anything from the banks from now on and if i paid a £69 fee they'd send me some documents to fill out and in 12-16 weeks i'd have my money. They also said they were regulated by the Ministry of Justice and they gave me their Registration number (CRM no.)

Has anyone else had a company ring them saying the same, are they to be trusted, cant i continue to claim on my own and that no money is YET to be received from the banks as we're still awaiting the outcome?

Cheers

Gareth

Edited by saintly_1
Removal of link

Hi, Gareth.

Why pay someone when you can do it all yourself for free.

Yes, people are still waiting on the outcome of the court case, but you are advised to take your claim all the way to court, so when they come to paying out, you'll be in the queue.

Your 'link' is not working and it's against site rules to post commercial 'links'.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Sorry about the link, i didnt know - accept my apologies.

My claim went to court was 'stayed' until the end of the test case. It was decided the charges are unfair, however the banks involved in that test case appealled. I am now awaiting the outcome of the appeal. It's already gone to court.

Hi, Gareth.

Here's a 'link' to the 'Test Case' news ect.............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/oft-test-case-updates/

Regards.

Scott.

• 2 months later...

yeh me 2 i got a call from capitol plus saying that im geeting £1000 because i was with my back for 6 six years they asked me to give them my account num so i just hung up my phone

can i get a reply plz

thnx:)

Hello and Welcome, HAJJ.

Don't really understand your question, but this company cannot do anything for you, that you can't do yourself.

You should start a new thread in your Banks Forum and people will help you.

Regards.

Scott.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I have been scammed by capital-plus about 1-1 1/2 years ago, i reported it to minstry of justice and am still trying to get my money £225 back, can anyone help:mad:

They have had there authorisation cancelled so I am not sure if you can get your money back as they are probably not trading anymore.

Have you been in contact with the MOJ to see if they can offer any help or assistance.

Tuttsi

Capitol Plus authorisation has already been cancelled by the MOJ back in July.

If people come forward and report them to Trading Standards if they have been scammed by this company, what action will trading standards take and will it get peoples money returned that they paid?

Is this company still trading without a MOJ authorisation?

If they have done anything fraudulently, this matter should also be reported to the police for further investigation.

If I hear of anybody, I will ask them to phone trading Standards to the number which you have given.

Thanks

Tuttsi

Hi Guys For All People Who Have issues with Capital Plus I Can Help. But, What I Need Is For Everybody Who has had problems, to Contact Consumer Direct or the MOJ.
Edited by MARTIN3030
Removed contact details-we are advised that the person did not authorise use of them.