mortgage - housing benefit????

clare77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys

wondered if you could help - i am a housewife and spend my whole time looking after my 3 children, my husband is self employed but not currently making a profit - there fore our actual earnings for benfit purposes is zero.

we currently own our home (mortgaged ) we are having to borrow the money off friends and family to pay our mortgage we have no money what so ever it has been like this for 6 months now - i have spoken to council and they have granted us full council tax benefit and full housing benefit but said we cannot claim housing benefit because we have a mortgage they have offered to pay £600 per month towards private rent - my current mortgage is £600

i asked if they could help towards interest on mortgage but they cant - i cant get out of mortgage as £8k redemption penalty. mortgage is for 90k house is worth about 105k - just dont know if i can do anything else.

my option is to sell my house and go in private rent but houses not selling at present.

spoke to mortgage place(birmingham midshire) and i cant pay interest only as only had mortgage 5 months and they cant help me further.

no one can help me ???? - not sure which way to go.

any advice much appreciated - sorry to drone on

x

clare

Are you in receipt of any other state benefits other than council tax?

You may be able to apply for income support mortgage interest (ISMI). Normally this does not pay out until week 40 of the claim (the new rules whereby you only need to wait 13 weeks for this don't come in until 1st April 2009 unfortunately) but you may also be entitled to other state benefits which you are currently not in receipt of.

Information on how to contact the DWP to see what you are entitled to is here DWP - Contact us

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

dont think can get income support as my hubby self employed but income is zero - we get ctc & wtc totally £200 a week for a family of 5 to pay all our bills, debts, mortgage food everything - our mortgage is 600 a month????? - we would have £50 per week for everything else just cant do it.

- do they back date it as we been in this situation for 16 months

They don't normally back date it but there's certainly no harm in asking them to do this.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

have just checked about the income support mortgage interest - we have to be on income support or job seekers so cant claim that!! - any other suggestions

at the moment we get £200 if my husband shuts business up we would get £500 per week - doesn't seem right when he not getting no wages or nothin from business at moment. - no incentive for people to work.

have just checked about the income support mortgage interest - we have to be on income support or job seekers so cant claim that!! - any other suggestions

at the moment we get £200 if my husband shuts business up we would get £500 per week - doesn't seem right when he not getting no wages or nothin from business at moment. - no incentive for people to work.

Have you checked you are getting the right amount of tax credits?

Start Calculation

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.