My experience with Euro Car Parks & G24 (update)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It has now been 6 months since I committed my "traffic offence" and several weeks since the home visit letter,

You mean to say no-one turned up at your home:-o:-o:-o

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleasant surprise! Drove past Aldi yesterday and noticed that G24's cameras were missing so I returned later and found that all trace of G24's signs and equipment had been removed including some nasty gadgets that shred your tyres if you try to leave by the wrong exit lane, so I went in and asked for the manager. He was guarded, but confirmed that they had not renewed G24's contract. I asked if this was a nation-wide decision by Aldi, but he replied that it was only his store's decision. I expressed pleasure and told him of all the nasty letters they send out. " I've seen them all" he replied. He expressed the personal view that he thought G24 were a dodgy company, but he added that they would be contracting a new company also using number plate recognition systems. He reminded me that the parking area was private property.

I sincerely hope that other large stores, who contract with G24, follow suit.

Our town's council has recently contracted a private company to control the council parking areas and patrol yellow line infractions. The difference of course is that they are authorized by the road traffic act and also they have an office in town where one can appeal a ticket and can be treated with a certain amount of understanding and respect.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading the comments on this site for some time now, ever since our car was ANPR'd at Meadowhall Reatil Park and my wife, as the registered keeper, received the first notice from G24 demanding £50, or £25 if she paid within the 14 days.

Firstly I would like to thank all the previous participants as it really helped clarify things and guided my responses to G24 - although I have to say I have had no acknowledgement of my letters, just additional demands for money.

We are now at the 'Notice of Intended Legal Action' stage from CCS Collect despite me sending them a letter stating that my wife was not the driver at the time 'the contract' was entered into (her car parked at Meadowhell Retail Park!) and so their continued harassment of her may constitute a criminal offence (Section 1(1) Harassment Act 1997) and so it is with great anticipation and enjoyment that I await the 72 hours notice of home visit.

Because if they call at the house that WILL constitute harassment and the poor sole who is brave enough to show their face at my door will get a whole lot more than they bargained for!!

Firstly I would like to thank all the previous participants as it really helped clarify things and guided my responses to G24 - although I have to say I have had no acknowledgement of my letters, just additional demands for money.

They have ignored you?:eek::eek::eek:

it is with great anticipation and enjoyment that I await the 72 hours notice of home visit.

Sorry to burst your anticipation, they will never show.

regards

Sorry guys but can't help it! I feel a career in the diplomatic corp was never going to be my thing.

The thing is whilst ever we all ignore them and hope it will go away (which it will, we know) there are loads of people out there, many of them vulnerable who will s**t themselves when they get the parking demands and will pay.

Many will be elderly who don't have access to the internet and so can't get the reassurance that I and many others have had.

Therefore I feel the need to cause as much hassle and s**t for these people as I possibly can - starting now.

For a start the DVLA can get ready - they will have had complaints from many of you about G24 and yet for a fee they are still prepared to sell your details, knowing they are likely to be misused. That is a clear breach of DPA.

Secondly if G24 are signed up to the British Parking Associations Codes of Practice (which they have to be to get info from DVLA) then we can complain that they are NOT adhering to the Codes (B9.4 onwards) and are clearly only signed up to get access to our details. So if the BPA wants to retain any credibility they have to get their house in order. They will only do that if loads of us hit them with complaints.

And finally I will be running some of their tactics past some people at work. I am fairly sure that by demanding money by false pretences (ie stating that the owner of a vehicle is responsible for paying civil parking fines) there is some degree of fraud. Probably not enough to prosecute but I will let some of my friends in low places make a more informed decision than me.

But in the meantime I think we all should think how we can best shaft them and bring their despicable antics to an end.

Guest Brian Foxwood

There were very special circumstances in the recent Excel case. The fact is that IEA PCNs remain officially enforceable in the vast majority of cases.

Not true Perky, the recent Excel loss as you well know had no special circumstances. It was I am told a case of no permit and the defendant admitted being the driver. Still resulted in the complete humiliation of Excel. But that is not unusual as it goes nicely with the other two court losses they have suffered. But when your " legal adviser" relies on internet forum posts for his solitary "fluke" win, you are never likely to have a chance. And as for Attwood, what a plonker, if it was a shoe in case he would find a way to lose it. By the way Perky you have left out O and U from your ridiculous acronyms. Try to find a way of getting them in and you will have the set.

The fact is that IEA PCNs remain officially enforceable in the vast majority of cases.

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Thanks Brian/Perky for the laugh. Please can we have some more!!!!

My wife has just had a letter from CCS saying, and I quote "...unfortunately we have now closed our file and returned the account to our client (G24). You will need to contact them directly (Yeah right!). For our part, we confirm that we shall take no further action and that the details of this account have not been returned for the purposes of credit reference (like that makes a difference!!)."

Shame really, lets hope G24 have a bit more bottle and we can get one of these toads in the criminal courts rather than the civil!

But thank you CCS - it's all good evidence of harassment!!

• 3 weeks later...

PENALTIES!! They say "penalties" twice in their letter which is great for you and suicidal for them. :D

They also clearly state that if judgement is sucessfully secured it will affect your ability to get credit. well excuse me, but I thought if judgement went against you, and you paid within the time allowed by the court, then that has bugger all to do with affecting your credit rating. Or have the PPCs now re-written that bit of the law too to suit themselves better? :lol: