Bailiff Visit, given 48 hours - Urgent help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

copied and pasted from another post;

I telephoned 020 7210 0516 the number for the HMCS Register of Bailiffs , and had the reply "you have dialled an incorrect number". It appears from this site others have had the same problem with this number and will need to raise this with HMCS.

I then found the OFT maintain a public register to search for certified bailiffs, so called, 020 7211 8608.

Hi sorry to join in this late but from reading what you have written, I many well have got the wrong end of the stick, but with the charge back, does that mean that all monies were returned to you and that effectively the bailiff company has paid your council tax or did the chargeback only cover the charges that they had put on your account.

It is not uncommon for bailiffs to take note of all cars in the vicinity and then add them to the levy. I am unsure if it is lawful (in my case it was not!!!) but keep an eye on it.

Sfx

Hi sorry to join in this late but from reading what you have written, I many well have got the wrong end of the stick, but with the charge back, does that mean that all monies were returned to you and that effectively the bailiff company has paid your council tax or did the chargeback only cover the charges that they had put on your account.

It is not uncommon for bailiffs to take note of all cars in the vicinity and then add them to the levy. I am unsure if it is lawful (in my case it was not!!!) but keep an eye on it.

Sfx

Hi Saffronflowers, I only did a chargeback of the bailiff fees that i was disputing.

A little update: Last night emailed CCS & bcc'd a copy of the ammended letter that Chris600uk kindly posted to the Revenue department at my council and this morning went to my council who confirmed once again the council debt had been paid and the person in the revenues department has put a 14 day hold on the account so the bailiffs cannot do anything, the lady did say that lots of people are having problems with bailiffs and that they are becoming a nuisance.

She agreed that the liability order has been settled so the bailiffs shouldnt use the councils name/liability order to chase for there fees, she pointed me in the direction of the Law centre who also advised me to follow up with letters to the mayor & local MP as it will help in making the bailiff's think many times before they do anything silly.

The law centre however seemed to think that the bailiffs could use the liability order for there fees, even though the bailiffs have a walking possesion in place it is highly unlikely they ever force an entry, especially for small amounts and they regularly make up fees & charges even without visiting.

Thanks

So by looking through a window, or goods outside the house ie. a car?

Peeking through the window is cheating, but we keep the blinds drawn anyway, and our car is completely on finance - and is therefore not owned by us - but if it wasn't it would be parked away from the house.

Cheers mate, really appreciate your help and time - will speak to, e-mail council & CCS and follow up with a faxed and recorded delivery letter to CCS.

Hope it all goes well, also should i park my car away from the house?

Thanks

Yes you should, i would ;)